ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to sync with outlook, google

Patron

Unable to sync with outlook, google

dissappointed that PocketMirror Outlook sync to the Pre is NOT YET AVAILABLE. I live in Outlook, and I had been syncing to my Centro beautifully all this time. Any idea when it will be available?

Tried to set up syncing Outlook to Google and then to Pal Pre using Companionlink program. Outlook to Google has so far failed with the following error message:

Internet error:

Unable to connect with Server.

Status Code: 400

Internet Error: 0

An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the element content of the document.

Companionlink tech support is looking at the log file.

So far, no way to sync. I do not have Microsoft exchange. I must be able to sync to use this phone. Is there an alternative?

I feel as if Palm and Sprint rushed this launch to beat Apple, but the software just wasn't where it needed to be.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Unable to sync with outlook, google

I have not been lucky enough to get my hands on a Pre yet but I would guess this would work..........

Download this...... Google Calendar Sync:

http://www.google.com/support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955

That will Sync your desktop Outlook Calendar with Google Calendar. I use it everyday so that my family can pull up my schedule on google and its an exact duplicate (within 1 min) of what I have on my Outlook Calendar.

The set up your Pre to pull the Google Calendar to the phone, which should be a duplicate of what you have on your home outlook calendar.

Like I said though, I dont have a PRE myself yet as there arent any available in my area as of yet. But I would imagine this will work as it was advertised heavily that the Pre would sync with Google Cal.

I'm very interested to hear if this works for you, get back to us and let us know.

Patron

Thanks for your reply. I need to sync calendar, contacts, and tasks. Ideally notes/memos too. That was why I avoided your suggestion initially. I have had a centro and before that a treo, and before that a few palm organizers. I've been syncing all 4 file types for more the last 12 years. It is really hard to lose this functionality. Really dissappointed. Might be a dealbreaker for me if this doesn't get a lot better in the next few days...

Journeyman

Thanks for suggesting this. I thought it was going to solve my problems but it only synced some of the stuff from outlook into google. Other things are missing. Any idea why that might be? Not sure why it is picking and choosing what to sync.

Journeyman

I am using PRE, Outlook 2007, Google, FBook - all are sync'd. I have used Google Sync with my Instinct for quite a while, but somehow it all seems better with the Pre - probably because everything imports into the native calendar and contacts show properly. Hats off to Palm.

Some folks were complaining about no filter for FB and Google. One even asked 'why do I have to have these contacts I don't want on my phone?' - I answer you this - don't use the Synergy feature if you don't want to and be thankful you get information overload. They can always scale it back, but getting something new to work is very difficult.

I am very glad I will notbe using my Instinct - EVER AGAIN!

Journeyman

@fwbkotowske wrote:

I am using PRE, Outlook 2007, Google, FBook - all are sync'd. I have used Google Sync with my Instinct for quite a while, but somehow it all seems better with the Pre - probably because everything imports into the native calendar and contacts show properly. Hats off to Palm.

Some folks were complaining about no filter for FB and Google. One even asked 'why do I have to have these contacts I don't want on my phone?' - I answer you this - don't use the Synergy feature if you don't want to and be thankful you get information overload. They can always scale it back, but getting something new to work is very difficult.

I am very glad I will notbe using my Instinct - EVER AGAIN!

How are you "syncing" Outlook 2007? Are you doing it via syncing Outlook Cal to Google Cal with Google Cal Sync?

Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

yes, the Google sync is doing it all. I have Palm set as my primary so I will have a backup just in case something bad happens. Ibelieve Palm will hold all of the data as it is synched - and isn't touched by me on any device. It is merely a clean backup. Good luck.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat