Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating the Pre

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Updating the Pre

I have tried to update the pre many times over the last few days over EV and WI-FI .

It just keep saying "unable to connect"

any suggestions ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Updating the Pre

I also had this problem, after reading another post I found the issue is linked to the Palm Profile and it verification status. When I looked at my profile on the pre it showed as unverified, and on the web it was. I did a back up to be safe then ran a 'Partial Erase' and redid my initial set up entering my Pre profile information. After that I was able to run the update and get the phone is up to date message. I hope this helps. Remember it is a reset and so use this answer at your own discretion.

Jason

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Journeyman

Will, Sarah and suggestions ??

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Odd.  It should just 'go'.  It's possible the server is a bit overwhelmed with all the people downloading the update.  It will automatically download in the background as it can connect, then once it's downloaded it will prompt you to run the update.

Keep trying!

(and I'll ping folks and make sure we have enough capacity...)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you for your response..

Highlighted

Can you go to the Device Info app and tap on the blue Version text?

What is the Version?

What is the build (visible after tapping on Version)?

Thanks,

Highlighted
Journeyman

v1.0.2 build 188. but even if its up to date , shouldnt it just say no updates ?

or will it say can not connect ?

Highlighted

That's odd.  You are up to date; that's the latest firmware and WebOS verison.

We're looking into the 'Not Available' messaging.  It should say:

"Checking for Updates"

then

"Your Phone is Up To Date" 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I also had this problem, after reading another post I found the issue is linked to the Palm Profile and it verification status. When I looked at my profile on the pre it showed as unverified, and on the web it was. I did a back up to be safe then ran a 'Partial Erase' and redid my initial set up entering my Pre profile information. After that I was able to run the update and get the phone is up to date message. I hope this helps. Remember it is a reset and so use this answer at your own discretion.

Jason

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks !!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any way to fix this without resetting the Pre?

Highlighted

Validate your profile - look in the email inbox that you used to setup the Palm Profile for a message from palm asking you to validate your profile.  Once it's validated, you should get the right messaging.

Can't see the message?  Check your Junk or Spam folders.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry will that was not the case, it was valid on palm.com and the validation email was repsonded to.

It just did not show up on the phone.

Is there a way you can remove your palm profile from the phone without doing a partial erase ?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat