cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating tower information

Journeyman

Re: Updating tower information

That doesn't work for me. All it does is get me Customer Service. When did you get your Centro? Perhaps you have a later model that fixed this problem.

Later ... Actually, it won't work unless you have Customer Service flag your account for a PRL update. After I did that, it worked. Thanks!

Message Edited by ralvy on 06-25-2008 11:14 AM

Journeyman

From what I am reading, this post shouldn't be marked solved. Maybe it worked for Ralv but apparently it is still very buggy and may very well get you stuck with 40410 which is completely wrong. I personally am waiting until the bugs are worked out.

Journeyman

Well, at least it sounds like a Sprint problem, not a Centro problem, so Centros shouldn't need a fireware update for this.

I took off the Acceptable Solution marker for now, since some don't seem to be getting the latest PRL with this procedure.

Message Edited by ralvy on 06-26-2008 02:12 PM

Journeyman

It worked for me. I was able to update my Centro - but it took several calls to Customer Support - only the technical support people seemed to flag my account correctly. Just asking for PRL update to usual support number didn't seem to get my account flagged. 1st flag by tech support and *22807 gave me the 40410 prl. 2nd call to tech support got me 60613. So I think this works - it just takes persistence to get to the right prl!

Journeyman

The 40410 PRL proglem seems to be a problem with Sprint's process. I am reading in the 755 forums that it is happening to them too and they never had a problem before.

Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman

*18 to update tower

to update PRL call CS or take your phone into a sprint corporate store

updating PRL is different than updating towers