Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading pictures to facebook from my palm pre

Highlighted
Journeyman

Uploading pictures to facebook from my palm pre

I am no longer able to upload pictures to facebook from my palm pre.  I called customer service yesterday and they connected me to tech support but she was useless.  She told me to upload my pictures to my yahoo account and then to facebook.  HUH??????  I never had to do this before.  She said they cannot help any further with third parties meaning facebook.  What??????  This all started about a week ago.  can someone please help me.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

Re: Uploading pictures to facebook from my palm pre

What method were you using before it quit working?

Download "friendsbook" from the app catalog,

Open it select the "Up Arrow"

"Select and Upload"

Choose Pic, Add text if wanted, Done.

It will upload pic.

Or

Download "facebook" from the app catalog,

Open it and on the top tap "Attach"

Select pic, Add text if wanted, SHARE.

It will upload pic

Highlighted
Master

Select photo app,

Select pic,

Tap bottom left icon,

Select share via MMS,

Enter mobile@facebook.com or photos@facebook.com in the to field.

I found the "mobile" one a little slow and neither uploaded the text I entered.

Highlighted
Master

One more option,

Download "Pixelpipe Uploader" $.99 from app catalog'

http://pixelpipe.com/

It will allow you to upload your pics to over 110 services across the social web,

Highlighted
Journeyman

see above response

Message was edited by: bostonian

Highlighted
Journeyman

tried the photos@facebook.com, I recd a confirmation that the picture was successful but I have no idea where it posted.  so I tried the other way that you recommended, through the facebook app with the "share" button.  I couldn't see the "share" button until I started writing in "whats on your mind" box.  thank you so much for all your help!  I use to be able to go into my picture on my palm and select "upload" but now when I go in and try to set up my username & password it is saying that they are incorrect which is not true because I use the same user name & password to get onto facebook!  thanks again much appreciated for all your help!  It beats having to call the Sprint tech support line, b/c like i said before she had no clue to advise me the way you did!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anyone had any issues adding an account under the Upload... option in the Photos app?

Open Lancher ->Photos->Photo Roll-> selecting a photo expands it on the screen - hit the lower lefthand button (looks like an arrorw pointing right)

A new menu is brought up, with Upload... as the last in the list

Preferences & Accounts page is shown and shows "No Photo Sharing Accounts." and allows you to hit the "Add an Account" button

Add An Account page shows two options; Facebook & Photobucket

Select Facebook -> asks for username and password

I input my email as the username and my regular facebook password as the password -> get back "The username or password is incorrect. Try again."

I have noticed that on the other "sharing" apps such as Calender, to add a Facebook account it asks for your email and password. Photo is the only one that asks for Username and password...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Finally found resolution to the issue I described above and thought others could find it usefull 😃

I had to frist remove Facebook from all the synergy apps (contacts, calendar, photos), and then then add it back in the Contacts. Photos then automatically added my Facebook account to the Upload option.

Hope this helps others out there who had the same issue!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat