cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Headphone button to answer calls and play music

Master

Using the Headphone button to answer calls and play music

Did you know that the headset included in the box has a button located at the microphone.

When listening to music:
press the button once to pause the music.
press it twice to advance to the next track.

When and incoming call comes in:
Press the button to answer the call.
After the call press the button to hang up and the Pre will continue playing the music where you left off.
Now you dont even need to miss a beat, when the Pre is out of sight, while listening to your music.

Wondering why the headphones have shiny circles on their sides? They are small magnets that will
allow you to keep them around your neck when you are not using them...

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: Using the Headphone button to answer calls and play music

well aint that something.... mine only came with earphones

Master

Those earphones have a button/mic where it splits.

Journeyman

WOW! THANKS! ALL THIS TIME I HADNT NOTICED THAT. I HAVE HAD THIS PHONE FOR OVER A MONTH NOW. I LOOKED AT THE EARPHONES AND PUT THEM IN THE DRAWER. THANK YOU SO MUCH

Journeyman

Well, that goes to show you that we learn new things everyday. Thank you so much for the info.

Journeyman

Hey thanks Levi, I knew about the button and answering calls but I don't recall seeing anything written about controlling music nor did I think about trying. Great tip.

Kudos from me.

P.S. to bad it was buried in the depths of the new forum until someone dragged it out!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I realized the button paused music while doing nautilus weights at the gym. Never knew it advanced the songs though!

Journeyman

yaa i noticed the magnets... nice touch for the headset... i like it better then a bluetooth :b never knew bout hitting it twice to skip the track though :b

Journeyman

Thanks for Tip. My headphones were in my drawer and they were going to stay there forever..........

Palm PRE Rocksssssssss

Wizard

When you have the magnets touching and are looking at the speakers, the one on the right is right channel so then the left is left. I use the head phones when I watch hulu on my laptop. Most comfortable ones I own.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat