cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videora Pre Converters

Master

Videora Pre Converters

Video;

Videora Palm Pre Converter is a free Palm Pre video converter that converts video files, YouTube videos, movies and DVD's so you can play them on your Palm Pre. The software can convert all types of video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper video formats (MPEG-4, H.264) that play on the Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.

http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/palm-pre/

Ringtones;

Ringtonesia Palm Pre Maker is a free ringtone maker that creates ringtones for your Palm Pre from any audio and video file. The software can read many types of audio (mp3, m4a, wav, etc.) and video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) and lets you create your own custom ringtones for your Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.

http://www.ringtonesia.com/maker/palm-pre/

Audio;

Audioro Palm Pre Converter is a free Palm Pre audio converter that converts audio files, YouTube videos, movies and DVD's so you can play them on your Palm Pre. The software can convert all types of audio files (mp3, m4a, mp2, wav, aiff, au) and video files (avi, divx, xvid, flv, x264, vob, mpeg, DVD's, YouTube, etc.) into the proper audio formats (MP3, AAC) that play on the Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.

http://www.audioro.com/converter/palm-pre/

Wallpapers;

Wallpaperio Palm Pre Maker is a free wallpaper maker that creates wallpapers from pictures and photos so you can personalize your Palm Pre. The software can read many types of picture files (jpg, gif, png) and lets you into resize them into the proper size of your Palm Pre. It is available for Windows and Mac.

http://www.wallpaperio.com/maker/palm-pre/

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: Videora Pre Converters

We've had so many spam posts lately talking bout DVD rippers, I almost auto-deleted this one, till I saw it was from you, Levi.

Laugh!

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Yes, these seem to be okay. For video and audio, I personally use MediaCoder, which is also free. Probably a bit more difficult to use... but more options, which I always like

Journeyman

I tried Videora, and was not impressed... It wanted an hour to convert a 30 minute clip... And it seems to be web based...

I'll wait for a native app instead.

Master

@TavisJohn wrote:

I tried Videora, and was not impressed... It wanted an hour to convert a 30 minute clip... And it seems to be web based...

I've used it many times, If you choose power mode it does not connect to the internet, It is a stand alone app on my computer. It only took 15 mins to convert a 30 minute clip. Maybe your pc needs more ram?

Journeyman

AHH... Power Mode!!! Well, I also gave up on Videora because of its "user friendly" user interface... BUT I'm still using its converter (ffmpeg.exe)

I moved the ffmpeg.exe (up in the Videora install directory) into a separate directory (in my path) and created a batch file to use the same switches as used by videora itself (as seen on "console" tab). The batch file (video2pre.bat) contains one line:

ffmpeg.exe -y -i %1 -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -level 21 -s 480x264 -b 768k -bt 768k -bufsize 4M -maxrate 4M -g 250 -coder 0 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -partitions parti4x4partp8x8+partb8x8 -flags2 +mixed_refs -me_method umh -subq 6 -trellis 1 -refs 3 -me_range 16 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -threads 0 -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128k %1.mp4

I think I may have it installed, may give it another chance, using Levi's suggestion.

Journeyman

@Levi4u wrote:

@TavisJohn wrote:

I've used it many times, If you choose power mode it does not connect to the internet, It is a stand alone app on my computer. It only took 15 mins to convert a 30 minute clip. Maybe your pc needs more ram?

OK that solved the problem! Works great now! Converted the clip in question in 3 minutes instead of a hour...

I know I have plenty of ram, I have 4 gig of ram installed. Dual Core 2.0ghz processor to boot.

Journeyman

@ynaught wrote:

AHH... Power Mode!!! Well, I also gave up on Videora because of its "user friendly" user interface... BUT I'm still using its converter (ffmpeg.exe)

I moved the ffmpeg.exe (up in the Videora install directory) into a separate directory (in my path) and created a batch file to use the same switches as used by videora itself (as seen on "console" tab). The batch file (video2pre.bat) contains one line:

ffmpeg.exe -y -i %1 -f mp4 -vcodec libx264 -level 21 -s 480x264 -b 768k -bt 768k -bufsize 4M -maxrate 4M -g 250 -coder 0 -flags +loop -cmp +chroma -partitions parti4x4partp8x8+partb8x8 -flags2 +mixed_refs -me_method umh -subq 6 -trellis 1 -refs 3 -me_range 16 -keyint_min 25 -sc_threshold 40 -i_qfactor 0.71 -qmin 10 -qmax 51 -qdiff 4 -threads 0 -acodec libfaac -ac 2 -ab 128k %1.mp4<br></p><p>I think I may have it installed, may give it another chance, using Levi's suggestion.</p><hr></blockquote><p>If you want something more powerful than Videora, but a little less complex than a command line, try <a target="_blank" href="http://mediacoder.sourceforge.net/">MediaCoder</a>... I believe it uses ffmpeg as well, but the full version (still free, just called "full" to differentiate it from the "iPod" or other versions) of MediaCoder has an insane amount of options you can change Smiley Wink</p>

Journeyman

i was tryn to download Videora and it want to install this "Xobni" is it safe to do? and what is it?

Master

http://www.xobni.com/ it is an outlook plugin.

It shouldnt. It is a safe program.

Is it trying to Install it when you run the installer?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat