ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visible text/email notifications when screen is locked?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Visible text/email notifications when screen is locked?

Is there a way to seea new incoming text or email notification, when you set the screen lock? I find I have to periodicly check my phone by "unlocking" just to see if Ireceived a new text or email if I miss the initial alert tone.

5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Visible text/email notifications when screen is locked?

When the phone is locked the messages will not show. In order to view the messages you would need to first unlock the phone.

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply - but Imeant an option to merely displaya "notification icon" not necessarily the whole message? Shouldn't that be something Palm could consider in future updates?

Journeyman

I know in the Screen & Lock App there is a Notifications show when locked option, this works for me

Master

@Terryk wrote:
I know in the Screen & Lock App there is a Notifications show when locked option, this works for me

Yes but it will only notify you once of a message, email, missed call or voicemail. A repeating notification is what th OP want's As do a lot of us. Something in the lines of having the center button blink every 15 seconds untill you open the message. Like the older basic phones do. My razr has a blue led light that blinks untill you open the missed alert.

Master

This is one thing that I'm truly surprised never occured to Palm. Having the LED in the Card View button blink is perfect for knowing if there is a notification present. Or blinking the LEDs used for the gestures even. Hopefully it is easy to program in (don't know how it is programmed to begin with, so it may not be) and can be added soon.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat