Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volume control still controls Music Player and NOT ringtone

Journeyman

Volume control still controls Music Player and NOT ringtone

I used the Music today with headphones, adjusted the volume and all that, but after disconnecting the ear phones and closing the music player; the external volume control on the side of the Pre still controls the Music volume as if headphones were still attached. Only way to get back to being able to use the control on the side was to turn phone off/on again.

Any help from Palm or word on this issue>? If it's been posted already, please point me to it and I apologize.

Other than that, love the phone, hate the battery.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Volume control still controls Music Player and NOT ringtone

That's been bugging me all week too, but today I found out (completely by accident) how to handle it. It looks like the music player automatically goes to pause when you remove the earphone plug. Press the notification for the music player, and press play, and you're good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I listened to Pandora this morning and now my side volume rocker will not control the calling ringtone just music/Pandora. There is no notification for me to tap to get it back to normal. So if I turn my volume all the way down, when someone calls me, my phone rings at max volume!

Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You really have to turn the off and back on again. That is the only way I know how to get it to work again.

Thanks,

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I've noted this and sent it in for review...

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks, Will!

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat