cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

Ok, so I want the Pre pretty badly, but am only 1 year in my contract with my Instinct. With this i'd have to pay I believe $474.00 for it!

I can either way on the Pre to be offered at a reasonable price I can afford or wait 1 more year for my contract to be at 2 years and hope they announce a Pre 2 with micro sd, etc...

Does anyone anticipate the cost coming down for current customers? Say end of the year towards xmas? Or when verizons close to getting it, or better of waiting on a Pre 2 announcement when my contracts up, or get an HTC Hero if its cheaper once it comes out?

Thanks

-Ryan

7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

Ryan, what plan do you have?  Are you a premier customer?  Check your My Sprint page and see what your options are.

Journeyman

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

I'm on the Everything Plus Referral Program w/ 500 minutes, and not premiere...although technically in my I eyes I should be haha. I was with Sprint for about 5 years, then Nextel for probably 5 years, then when Sprint/Nextel merged I've been with the Sprint side now for probably 4 years...but technically don't count haha.

I'd pay $250 at most for the Pre...but $474 with a $75 discount for 1 year is wayyyyyyy too much. I'm just hoping an option will arise still for people to get a  Pre who are loyal as others have discussed. Surely the cost will come down once demand is slow and they need more sales...but if I wait that long, they will probably announce a Pre 2 as I said (my luck I'd finally get the Pre and they'd announce something better as I am sure they will one day soon)

Wizard

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

An EPRP plan huh? I guess there is your discount. Ya just can't have it all.

I can see a few moderators cringe when your reply showed up.

Journeyman

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

Yea...having the $10 a month discounts great...but still a person without that discount is in the same boat as me, required to pay a large amount thats nearly unaffordable to an average person...im not asking for a discount as much as hoping for them to make the phone more affordable than close to $500 for current customers. Surely once the novelty wears off, the demand goes down and so will the cost.

I had a $30 sero plan and was willing to go to a higher priced plan to get an instinct on the EPRP plan, taking me from a $30 bill to a $60 bill just to get a phone. If I got a Pre at $199, i'd be spending more $ on purchasing apps...but now im not spending more $ because I cant get the Pre yet.

Oh well...its all just business, but they know people like new tech, and sometimes will pay the costs to have the latest and greatest.

Thanks for the responses Denny.

Wizard

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

No, a similar person (instinct owner) without a discount would be paying $70 per month, qualifying them for Premier Status after 3 months. A Premier customer can purchase a new handset every 12 months at full discount. So there are benefits either way.

Message was edited by: Dennyd

Journeyman

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

Ah ok, thanks. I didnt know that. Thanks for the input..I guess if I weigh the fact I save $10 a month on my plan, take that times 2 years I save $240 over 2 years...so I'd take that deal instead

Even with my plan would i be elidgible for the 10 year discount for Premiere status since I dont qualify for the 3 months & a plan over $70.

Thanks

-Ryan

Wizard

Re: Want the Pre, but $474 is too much...wait for a lower current customer cost or wait on a Pre 2 announcement?

I would think so as long as they didn't change your member since date when you made the switches between Sprint and Nextel.  I know my date was reset when I relocated to Arizona and changed from a 612 area code to 480.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat