cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebOS 1.4.5 Update

Journeyman

WebOS 1.4.5 Update

I've heard that this update was coming any day now... are there any moderators who can comment on when we should expect this?

Thanks...

Tags (2)
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: WebOS 1.4.5 Update

"Any Day Now" is what I've heard from Palm and the devs on Twitter.

Palm plays it very close to the vest.  We'll post when it's released, or when we know more.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey, thanks for the reply.  I'll be looking for your post!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, from Palm's website .. i see that the 1.4.5 update has been released in other countries on different carriers.  What's up Sprint, where's ours?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

No news.  Sorry.  No idea what Sprint / Palm / HP are doing at the moment.

When we find out, we'll be posting!

Thanks for the interest!

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was wondering this too.  There was a rumor that the update was supposed to be released on the 7th of this month as well but obviously that never transpired.  There is now a small trickle of app's requiring 1.4.5 and we're left with no information wondering what's going on.  Palm admitted to a bug in 1.4.5 that would prevent some PDK app's from having access to their save data but they also gave a work around for app makers.  Palm also stated that they were not going to release a new version of 1.4.5 since they did not want to have the update go through the carriers testing procedure again.  So here we are, over two weeks from when 1.4.5 was first released and still no update.  Has Sprint totally forgotten about it's WebOS base in favor of Android?  Seems that way...

Highlighted
Journeyman

So are we going to be getting this 1.4.5 Web OS update or not?

Highlighted
Journeyman

There has been reports of some european WebOS 1.4.5 devices having problems. Apparently the PDK apps (i.e. 3D games) aren't always getting the correct file permissions.  I don't know if the problem is due to the way the devs are packaging their programs or if it is core to WebOS 1.4.5.

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a hold on U.S. release until the bug gets resolved, hence the note in some places for WebOS 1.4.5.1.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You're right about the bug.  The boys from PalmCast reported the problem was with fstab, and appears when an OTA update occurs vs. a pc -> phone flashing (which is how palm does testing).  On the other hand, Palm has given developers a workaround instead of going through the testing phase again .. so there should be no holdup because of the bug.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is the very issue why I came to the forums today.  It is ridiculous that we are still waiting on an update for WebOS!  The EVO has been launced & received an update within what, 3 months???!!  It seems to me that Sprint will favor all Android devices for the time being. Where does that leave Pre/Pixi owners???  That in conjunction with the lack of high quality devices from HP/Palm is going to send some supporters of WebOS away from it... and straight into the arms of other superior phones.

When is the update coming????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow.....I can't believe you guys are moaning over this 1.4.5 update. It's mainly for Pixi to try and play 3D games which i think is a mistake unless you have the Pixi Plus with more RAM. For the guy who said that the EVO has an update within the first 3months.....come on man ...Palm WebOS has been churning them out for an average of 3-4 months since its been out. Yeah its a little slow now but Palm has just gone through a buy-out, high profile position people leaving and needing to be filled, and for sure a roadmap product change to suit HP's needs. So for those enjoying the phone enjoy and wait to see if HPalm will reward us with a bad azz phone. For the complainers....got get an EVO!! Even with my year old overclocked Pre i've whopped up 3 EVO owners with what the phones can do. The only thing they had on me was  a confusing and huge app cat and being able to surf and talk @ the same time (i was away from a Wifi connection). By the way go to precentral.net and hack your phones while you wait for the next phone,,,,,i did and my phone feels like it did when i first got it.....just pimped a little more.

Message was edited by: andee274

Highlighted
Journeyman

You realize that WebOS received 8 updates since the launch last year, NOT including 1.4.5?     1.04 came out ~2 weeks after the Pre's release.  1.1 came out the month after the Pre's release.  1.20 came out 4 months after the Pre's release.

There have been twice, almost 3x, as many software updates to the Pre as Evo in the same timeframe.

If you've got a Pixi, yeah, I can see the need to get this update.  If you've got a Pre this is not a major update.

I'd be more excited about WebOS 2.0 being released before the end of 2010.   That's likely to have a major set of feature additions to WebOS.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat