Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Would I Want A Pre?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why Would I Want A Pre?

This is not meant to bash this unit so please enlighten me.

I've already went the voice, data and PTT on a couple phones. With all these features, battery life was so bad I no longer had a mobile phone, they were attached to wall chargers so often. I also found out that "phone as modem" is way to buggy compared to an air card. Using a little, PDA/phone for watching TV, music or GPS is a toy feature not a tool.

I now use PTT, cell phones with the data turned off. Battery life is so long I truly have mobile phones again. I also use a Sprint air card which makes mobile broadband as sweet as it gets.

I am in the entertainment, security business. Long battery life and PTT are critical features I need to survive. Again, why would I want a Pre and how would I be more productive?

Semper Fi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Journeyman

You would not want a PRE. Battery life isnt that great and it doesnt support PTT. (other than that its a great phone)

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

You would not want a PRE. Battery life isnt that great and it doesnt support PTT. (other than that its a great phone)

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I second that. If you need PTT then there is no sense in even contemplating a Pre or any non PTT phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

ptt ?

Highlighted

@unhappy wrote:
ptt ?

Yeah...as in PTT = Push-to-Talk. Known as Nextel Direct Connect.

Journeyman

o , thanks ive always been with sprint and have never had a PPT phone .. So i guess im okay without it

Highlighted
Journeyman

Most people that need PTT use it for business. I had it for 4 years for a job is it was a great way to give/get bits of info very efficiently. No need for awkward "hellos" and "goodbyes" or "hey, uh what do you think about..." It's very easy just to keep to the point and turn a phone call that would normally take a minute or two into a 10 second exchange.

For regular folks, it's not really neccesary, unless you have friends or family that also have PTT, and use it often.

Highlighted
Journeyman

As far as battery life... I had mine fully charged at 2pm yesterday and used applications, texting, and the phone all for 24 hours and was still at about 40% battery life. I was pretty happy with that. Plug it in (I just ordered the touchstone) and i'm good all day and most of the next.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

You would not like a Pre.  No PTT, less than 24 hour battery life.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat