cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will 1.4 fix 1.3.5.1 issues?

Journeyman

Will 1.4 fix 1.3.5.1 issues?

I see where 1.4 is due out tomorrow.  Both of my kids have Pixi's and have multiple problems.  They upgraded to 1.3.5.1 shortly after purchase, so not sure if that is the problem or not.  Palm recommended WebOS Doctor, but not sure about taking that step either.  Also read where there are potentially battery problems and that Sprint may be supplying a "spacer" to fix that.

Problems include:

- Unpredictable power downs

- Delayed/Frozen icon responses on main screen

- No ring on calls when it is set to do so

- Unresponsive "send" icon on email

In addition, on one phone the magnet on the usb connection flap came off.

Really disappointed with these phones.  I see some of these same issues on the postings here.  Hoping the 1.4 upgrade may fix the software issues.  Does anyone know if that is the case?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Will 1.4 fix 1.3.5.1 issues?

Me too. My alarm goes off when it supposed too sometimes, it's a hit or miss. My phone has been lagging since the 1.3.5.1 update. If the update doesn't fix these problems and/or adds new ones then I'm done with the phone!!

I heard the update is Feb 25th now, has anyone heard/read diff???

Journeyman

I have not had these problems specifically though i have had problems (like many on here im now on my second phone after only 6 months) I have a pre mind you but many of the problems you list would be software related (unless you have all sorts of hardware problems, then id just toss the phone and try again with something better) the one thing im curious to is that "magnet" on the USB flap, im not sure about the pixi but the pre only has a little plastic flap with a tab that clips in place. 1.4 is said to improve some minor stability issues, i would guess at least one if not two or three of your issues are on that list, with any luck this update will also fix the Touchstone issues that are so prevalent.

Journeyman

The magnetic strip where the charger plugs in came off on my phone, too. Now it sticks out and makes it a little difficult to get plug it into the charger.  I've only had my phone a couple months and though this is the only problem I've had with it, I don't see why a brand new phone would do this. I'm thinking about bringing it to the Sprint store but I'm not sure if they will fix it. Any ideas?

Journeyman

I am on my FOURTH Palm Pixi and each and every one of them has had either software problems or hardware problems.  My software kept getting updated and my original Pixi worked just fine without freezing or shutting down or not ringing when it was supposed to.  I thought I was one of the lucky ones that got a fully functioning phone.

About 3 months into it my phone just powered down and wouldn't turn back on...even with the charger attached.  Because Palm offers a 1 year guarantee on the phone I was able to replace it.  The replacement had a broken ringer switch which kept the phone in constant vibrate mode.  We all know how weak the vibrate mode is on this phone.  (I honestly think it was broken because people didn't know how to take off and put on the cover properly.) So...packermans4, as long as you are within the one year period, any manufacturer physical flaws will be taken care of by Sprint at no charge.  I warn you though, all of the replacements are refurbished phones.  I haven't had any luck with them.

The next phone had the OS 1.3.5.1 on it.  That thing needed an exorcism.  It powered down and reset itself ALL the time.  And when it was on...the phone was in "offline" mode meaning I couldn't get calls, e-mails or texts.  Before taking it back, I updated the software to the 1.4.1.1 and the problem was still there.  This time, the phone did a reset and logged me out of my Palm profile taking all my contacts out of the phone and deleting my pictures and text messages.  That was fun.

The next phone that I got was even better.  (This phone is also running 1.4.1.1.)  Not only did the thing not turn on with my battery, once the battery was swapped out, it shut itself down as I walked out of the Sprint store!!  It was powered back up but first showed the battery icon with a big fat question mark in the middle.  That can't possibly be good.  So it worked just fine afterwards and I drove back home.  On that drive a friend called me.  The earpiece on it was obviously blown because I could hear a gurgling noise whenever she talked.  Wow...way to go Sprint QA on that one.  I kinda let the issue go until the next morning.  That is today.  I missed a call and called my voicemail.  In the middle of my message, the phone completely shut down.  Great.  I tried two more times and the same thing happened.  Everytime I powered it up, the battery icon with a question mark in the middle came on before starting the OS.

I am giving up on the Pixi.  Instead of getting a FIFTH Pixi, I am switching to another brand.  I don't know if it's because I keep getting "refurbished" phones or if it's just a manufacturer defect that cannot be fixed.  Sprint QA  missed some obvious flaws in phones they keep sending back out to the market.  This means that they aren't being fully tested including their software.  The repair store didn't even bother running tests on it and instead kept sending out orders for replacements.  That doesn't inspire confidence that the phones are ACTUALLY being repaired.  Running a few tests on it and calling it a day is NOT enough.  Palm offers to repair the phones but there is no loaner program so you would be out a phone while it's in the shop.  Don't know how realistic that is for people that ONLY have cell phones. 

I don't know if getting new software versions is really helping the phone problems.  It definitely hasn't helped me.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat