cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Sprint get the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus ever?

Journeyman

Will Sprint get the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus ever?

Or will Sprint be getting an entirely new device in the near future?

14 REPLIES 14
Journeyman

Re: Will Sprint get the Pre Plus or Pixi Plus ever?

My Palm Pre has been nothing but a NIGHTMARE for the past year....... 4 exchanges!, and after cracking my phone out of frustration, now Sprint can't help me get into another phone!

Journeyman

i am with you Matthew. i want the new updated version. i am on my 4th Pre as well. it seems to give me problems as soon as i do the company upgrades.

Sprint has been good about replacing the phones and it isnt the system, it is the phone and or software

i just want a new version and will go to Verizon if i have to

Journeyman

I don't see Sprint getting the Pre Plus or the Pixi Plus, but I think the Palm C40 will be the next device for Sprint.

Journeyman

I'm with you...I am on Pre #2, which I had to replace two months after getting the 1st one in June '09!  This morning, it started doing some really weird things, not allowing me to retrieve my messages, and not allowing me to close my cards.  Or my personal favorite...the error message that says "Sorry, you have too many cards", when there is only ONE up!  It has truly been the worst phone I have ever gotten from Sprint in my 9 years of being a customer!

Journeyman

i have had little problems with it and Sprint has been great about replacing them. i dont like having to re enter the ring tones but oooo well. i really like the phone. with this new one it is GREAT. i just want to get an updated version with more memory, not that i have maxed out the 8 mg i have now but i am getting close. i also like the idea of a hotspot, depending on the service costs. the $40 for Verizon's plan is to much so i wouldn't use that.

Journeyman

I have had all of Sprint's "top of the line" phones... the Hero, the Moment and the Tour. The Pre is a better device then all of them IMO. I would like to see Palm make a device that is all touch screen about the size of the Nexus One or a device that has a slide out keyboard in landscape mode like the Moment. I think hardware in that form with the specs of at least the Pre Plus would appeal to most consumers. 

Journeyman

Hi, I agree with you. I am a verizon customer (4 years) formally with nextel. I am ready to try sprint because of their competitive rate plans, but I cant find a phone. The Palm Pre Plus would do it for me. I just cant see buying a outdated model with the Palm Pre. I hope Sprint comes out with something new soon. I cant find any info on this site about future release dates.

Journeyman

IMO I think that Sprint will have some nice phones in the neaar future... such as the A9797 aka the HTC Supersonic, a LG device and the Palm C40 or whatever they end up calling it. I also think the reason we are not finding any information about the C40is due to fact that Palm is trying to sell as many Pre Plus and Pixi Plus as possible before they put out another device. I think a 3 to 6 months allows enough profit to be made before releasing a new device. I am expecting to see some thing new in June, even though I hope they shock me with an anouncement at the MWC in 9 days.

Journeyman

Ok, I follow your logic. I will just wait and see.....but the Droid sure does look interesting

Journeyman

Whatever you do, DON'T go to verizon. im terminating my contract early just to get away from them. They cheated me out of my money! Like say they had an IM update on the updating page it said "This is a FREE update, no data charges apply" so i updated it looked at my bill and here was a $10 data charge, What the heck?! Called customer support and wouldn't give me a credit on my account. And I had the web blocked on my phone, all applicatin downloads blocked, EVERYTHING that they could possible charge me for data. And yet next month they charged me for data. I love my palm pre, except for the little things but think of it, PalmWeb OS just came out a year and a half ago and they still have some tweaking to do. Give them some time. But the hardware on this phone is crap. No matter what. It scratches itself! the sliding mechanism scratches the mirror. It has chipped the bottom black plastic where the bottom part of the lider rests on. You can see the sliding mechanism if you take out the battery and theye you will see the metal sliding mechanism. I must give them kudos for using metal. All of my moms sliding phones were plastic mechanisms.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you ask me I think that you all who are talking about going to Verizon just for the Pre Plus or the Pixi Plus you all are just stupid. Why leave the best network in the USA for Verizon whose network is actually crumbling. Their older network was better than their new network and its just slowly falling apart and I enjoy watching every minute of its crumbulations. I they think that they are all that when really they arent. And I mean come on 600 dollars for a security deposite thats just BS right their. Dont switch or else you will regret. Oh yea, before I forget they also have shitty CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat