cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will switch carriers if new Palm phone is not on Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Will switch carriers if new Palm phone is not on Sprint.

Hey, so there is talk of Sprint maybe not carrying the successor to the Pre.  Call it the Pre 2 or the c40 or the Roadrunner.  Regardless of what the official name of the device will be, if this is true and Sprint does not carry the device on LAUNCH DAY, I will switch carriers to whoever does.  I know a vast majority of webOS users on Sprint will do the same. We are the godfathers of the webOS community and will be deeply hurt, especially after waiting this long, if Sprint decides to reject the new Palm device.  Anybody else feelin' this?

Message was edited by: andrewrinne

26 REPLIES 26
Highlighted
Journeyman

Loyalty only goes so far. I've stuck with Sprint because they offer a reliable network (almost as good as Verizon) at a fairer price than everyone except maybe T-Mobile. I've stuck with Palm only because they've continued to innovate (I've had a smartphone since the Handspring Treo 600). I considered jumping ship on Palm before I saw the Pre and WebOS. Since then though, I've been hooked and wouldn't go to anything else (I used an iPhone 3G in India this past January and missed everything I could do with my Pre). WebOS 2.0 will make the experience even better (Sprint you better not do what you did with 1.4.5), but I'd love to have new hardware to make the OS shine. I figure HP will announce something even better at CES so I'm content to wait for now. If Sprint doesn't announce that they'll carry their new hotness, I'm jumping ship to Verizon.

I'm loathe to switch. I've been with Sprint for 12 years and have 4 lines (3 of which are WebOS devices) and an AirRave, but Verizon's prices have been coming down lately and if they can offer me what I want and Sprint can't, then it's time to say goodbye.

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

Ok, well this thought of a SuperPhone (Pre) from HP launched at CES was something I was not aware of. If it is true  I can and would prefer to wait for the SuperPhone over the Pre 2, even until March or April. If I were Sprint I would skip the Pre2 and focus on the new HP phone (if it is not fiction).  I will reserve judgement until January when we will know for sure.

Highlighted
Journeyman

See http://www.precentral.net/hp-new-webos-phones-coming-early-next-year

Doesn't say CES specifically, but it's a good bet they'll be previewed there.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well the Palm Pre 2 will be on verizon pretty soon. That and the $10 price hike for new smartphone activations on sprint will make my decision to leave sprint easier. Eventually sprint will most likely get some new webOS device if not the Pre2 but there is really no signs of that happening anytime soon.

Seems like verizon will benifit from all of sprints decisions lately

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have been on Sprint since 2000 (possibly even earlier), and have had a palm pre for two years now.  I have been (not so) patiently waiting for news as to whether or not Sprint will carry the new HP WebOS phones and tablets.  we're getting down to the wire, and i am not giving up hope.  PLEASE carry the new WebOs phones (Pre3) and especially the Touchpad!!!!!  PLEASE!!!! and THANK YOU in advance!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in the exact same boat as KNISHKNOSH1. I have been a Sprint customer since 2000, and I am Sprint Premier Gold member and really love the pricing structure at Sprint. I have also been a Palm fan for years. I started with a Palm Treo 650 and upgraded with only newer Palm devices until the Palm Pre which I bought on opening day. I am very excited about both the Pre3 and the Touchpad and am really torn on which is more important to me, WebOS or Sprint. I have been very involved in the homebrew community and written some of my own stuff for WebOS plus have many apps. I just cant see myself letting all that work go to go to a new OS that I would have to start all over with and still continue to monitor WebOS's success and only "hope" that Sprint gets a new WebOS phone in the future. That said, I also dont want to pay more money and get less on a different carrier. I love Sprint. In 11 years now I have rarely ever had any issues with the service and when I do they have always taken care of me (although I have sometimes had to push them).

I just dont know what Im going to do. Honestly, for now anyways, I think I am going to sit here with my Palm Pre and watch for a while to see what happens. I dont want to deal with all of the bugs, issues, and updates that I did when I bought my Palm Pre. Now that I have a stable Pre with the help of multiple updates from Palm and MANY MANY homebrew patches and some of my own changes, I think I will wait a year to see how the new Pre3 does and the Touchpad, and possibly wait to see if the prices drop, bugs get worked out, and maybe just maybe by then Sprint will have gotten on board with another WebOS device. Perhaps I can hold out long enough to see the TouchPad 2 which would surely not just have better hardware but also allevaite alot of the bugs and user issues learned from the original debut.

Just my two cents.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I will also switch carrier's.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have 4 lines and I will switch to another carrier if sprint is not bringing touchpad/pre 3.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am a long-time Palm user who originally moved to Sprint in the days of Palm Treo.  I moved to Sprint because of Palm, and will move out of it for the very same reason.   I waited and saw Sprint skipped Pre+ and Pre2, but I can endure no longer - I will move to a different carrier if Sprint does not get the Pre 3 when HP releases it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

it looks like we'll be switching carriers then. In an email that was accidentally leaked, the information that sprint won't be receiving any new webOS devices in the foreseeable future was made clear. It stated that it is actually HP who is unwilling to sell to Sprint. The email was from the man at sprint who's job it is to secure new devices for the network. The email simply said: "its a shame they only want to sell to VZW and AT&T as documented foe council"

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is a shame if HPalm decided to ditch the people who risked everything to support the platform. What I don't understand is why SPRINT does not tell us the the truth that HP asked for a divorce? Someone at Sprint need to speak up, the network is so desparate and it becomes a push-over.

My next choice will be Windows phones and I hope The Now Network will gamble on Microsoft. I'm so fed-up with Android: it isa ungly and the OS does not provied anything solid except a bunch of cookie cutter phones. WIthout WebOS or Windows Mango phones, Sprint will be heading up on the T-Mo way. It is a shame that Sprint will miss the bus again by making bad calls by gambling on Android.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat