Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can you foward a text message on the palm pre?

Highlighted
Journeyman

can you foward a text message on the palm pre?

i have the palm pre and i use text message everyday but i was wondering if a text message could be foward if any one knows how it can be done can they please share it!!...

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: can you foward a text message on the palm pre?

What version do you have? My Pro has Sprint Navigation 2.1.11. It still tries to update every time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Forwarding text messages is not currently possible on the PRE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

do you know when the forwarding will be available for the Pre ??

Highlighted
Journeyman

No you cannot. Call Palm and nag them about it. It seems to be on their top complaint list and still they do nothing about it. Call and nag, its the only way to fix it. I call once a week.

Highlighted
Journeyman

is there anyway to copy and paste the contents of a text that you rec'd??? I can't seem to do that either?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually you can forward texts message onto your pre! Its a homebrew tweak but it is quite easy to install. Just go to here http://forums.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/206905-webos-quick-install-v2-7-beyond.html. First you need to update your java to the latest model, otherwise the program will not work. Once there click the download button and install the program to your desktop, just hit yes to everything trust me its not harmful in anyway. After installing you need to place your palm pre into developer mode, to do that type into universal search upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart exactly as you see before you. Once complete connect your Pre to your computer and hit the just charge tab. Once that is all set up just hit the tweaks tab in the program you just installed. Go through the tweaks and click the forward text message tweak and your phone will restart with the tweak installed. Just got to any text, click on it and it will prompt you to forward the text. If you want anymore useful tips I suggest you go to precentral.net for all your needs.

Message was edited by: HebrewHammer

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat