cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

contacts in my centro

Journeyman

contacts in my centro

i purchased a centro and did a sync with my old palm contacts and now every caller says unknown caller even when they are in the contacts on the phone..What do i need to do????

2 REPLIES 2
Journeyman

Re: contacts in my centro

thephenom wrote:
i purchased a centro and did a sync with my old palm contacts and now every caller says unknown caller even when they are in the contacts on the phone..What do i need to do????

Hello The Phenom,

I own the Treo 755 and I notice that without loading the cd that came with the phone, the computer would not let me sync correctly with my old palm software from the older treo I had. If you have not loaded the cd, do so.  This will update the software that is already on your computer from palm. When you go to sync the next time, your phone and computer will talk to each other. At this point the computer will recognize your phone and synce the information correctly. I hope this helps you some. You can pm me if you have any questions.

Sabbyknows

"within me lives an old soul"

Journeyman

Re: contacts in my centro

If you are getting caller ID (the display shows you the number calling but says unknown caller) and you have the contact in the address book, it may be the format of the phone numbers in you address book. All my numbers are (xxx)xxx-xxxx or xxx-xxx-xxxx. I have had Palm OS phones that were picky about the format of the phone numbers.

If you aren't even getting the phone number coming through, then it may be an account problem with Sprint where for some reason you are not getting the caller ID info. Or your caller has the phone number blocked somehow (to test that I would call from a number that you know should show up). Without the caller ID info the phone has no way to match up against the address book.

A final way to test would also be to delete one entry, and reenter by hand. Then have that person call you and see what happens (if that works, I would go back to the #format issue),

Good luck, check back

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat