cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

copying a photo from an email

Highlighted
Journeyman

copying a photo from an email

I am getting the photo up and it says "copy to photos" I click it and it says "copying to photos" but when I go to photos it is not there????? Any thoughts??

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Patron

That is the same problem that the instinct had origionally. They released a fix for it on the Instinct, would expect that they would have to do the same here. I found that trying it 3 or 4 times would finally get it to work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

What kind of image files were you using? I noticed that the email app can read JPG and PNG files. When I copied some images from email to photos, the JPG files showed up in Photos, but the PNG files did not.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

How'd you get to the first step?  I sent myself a photo from Exchange to Gmail, attached using the paper clip icon in Outlook.

I can't get any 'save to' or 'copy this photo' at all when viewing the email on the Pre.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

It must have been the type of picture because I sent a different pic and it went just fine!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The email will show a thumbnail and name of an attached image. First, you click on the attachment name. That will start the download to your phone. There is a progress bar. Once it finishes, click the name again. That will launch a preview view. At the bottom is a button to "Copy To Photos".

As I mentioned, this part works for JPG and PNG. It displays the image correctly in both formats. It copies both types to the Downloads folder on the Pre. However, once you go to the Photos app, you can see all the JPG, but none of the PNG.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat