cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email sending errors on palm pre

Highlighted
Journeyman

email sending errors on palm pre

I have been unable to get the palm pre to send emails from a POP account.  I have tried all suggestions I have seen on the web for this issue.  I can access gmail ok but have a another POP account that is giving me problems.  Any suggestions?  I just gave up my old blackberry for the pre.....

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: email sending errors on palm pre

I use a POP server for my Road Runner email account and I've found that if you enter your entire email address in both in the incoming and outgoing server fields instead of just your username, it'll work.  But then I also found that sending from that account will not work if you are connected by wifi.  I hope that helps!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the response.  I did try that and also stopped by the local Sprint store where they tried it as well without any luck.  They suggested I call Palm support directly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sorry to hear that.  I hope Palm can help!  If they can, would you mind posting the fix in case mine decides to stop working?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just received a reconditioned pre and I can get email, but I can't reply and send a email. my old pre I  could without any problems, but this one is always saying error sending

Highlighted
Journeyman

Have you tried my suggestions near the top of this feed?  If not, then I'm not really sure how to fix your issue.  Hopefully Sprint or someone else on this forum can help you.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just think that its this phone because I didn't have any problems before. Yes I always write out my email address, but like I said it has to be this recondition phone, because I am having alot more problems with this phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Quite possible that it's the reconditioned phone.  What other kinds of problem have you been having with it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its powering on and off sometimes when I go to a application, and I think the speaker is shot, because the ringer sounds like a blown speaker. I didn't have that problem with my other pre, I love the phone, but this one makes me think different.

Journeyman

Wow.  I would take that phone back for a new one ASAP.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I know I will. I Hate going in the sprint store. They make you leave your cell for 2hrs. Why I don't know sometimes to tell you that there is nothing wrong with the phone, and you continue to have the same problem or you leave it for 2hrs. for the to tell you that they will have to order you a recondition phone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat