cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

forwarding text messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

forwarding text messages

So I'm reading other posts and i'm beginning to become annoyed! Why can't the Palm forward text messages. I do like the phone but some of the features are a step back from my Instinct. And some of the features are a step up. I do miss Visual Voicemail and ringtones. And the battery is not good at all, it goes low just from me browsing through the phone getting to know it. I sure hope an update is coming soon, I still have time to return this phone!!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: forwarding text messages

I don't agree that it is time to return this phone...I too am coming from the pre and I agree that we have taken a few steps back! Ringtones, visual voice mail, and my favorite...live search (the voice activated search!) give palm time to release some firmware updates! this is still far better than the Instinct

Highlighted
Journeyman

oh and let's not forget the instinct going from 40% batt to off...the Pre actually goes down to 10% and you get an alarm!   make sure you are letting it pretty much die prior to charging...most phones learn how much battery life they have by how often you plug up at first. My battery is getting a good day of use with me using the device quite a bit

Highlighted
Wizard

I recommend that you wander over to precentral.net and browse the forums and do a little reading on what the community is doing over there. Pretty interesting stuff. With update 1.2 just around the corner I don't recommend you delving into the tweaks just yet but once you do you will realize that a lot  of us that have had our Pre's for awhile can forward messages (I have turned my tweaks off for the time being).

I bought my Pre on June 6 and I had the battery issue for the first two weeks the my kids bought me a touchstone for Fathers Day. Don't really know if the Touchstone does a better job of charging or if the battery just reached it stride.  I don't bother letting my battery run down before recharge. Now that I am finished with the newness (is that a word?) of the Pre and am using in an everyday setting I still have about 50% battery at the end of the day (my pre is off the charger from 6am until about 10pm). I leave it on the touchstone at night.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed with D...

Wait for the [1.2] update.  Once the phone is updated, go to precentral.net and read about all of the homebrew applications and "tweaks" that some great people have taken the time to create, and that allow us to have some of the things the Pre was missing out of the box, including a "tweak" for text forwarding.

As for battery life...

I'm in a place where signal is weak, but there's a signal.  Changing my setting to Sprint Only (instead of automatic) prevents the phone from constantly searching/switching between Sprint/roaming signals, which has saved me a ton of battery life.  After the [1.2] update, there is a "tweak" you can install that allows you to change the phone setting to Roam Only, which should also save battery life in areas with poor reception.

I, too, am a former Instict user and, by far, the Pre has been a completely different and vastly superior smartphone experience.  Do I miss some small things like voice prompts and visual voice mail?  Not so much anymore.  The pros far outweigh the cons.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks all for the responses! You've made me feel more secure about my purchase. The pros do outweigh the cons by far. I did download Citysearch to replace LiveSearch, (just wish I could talk to it) 😃  But there are several features that replace it. Once again Thanks and i'll check out Precentral.net and i'll be waiting for that download.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat