cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hey sprint we all loyal customers wanna let you know that we are watting for palm pre 2 or c40,

Journeyman

hey sprint we all loyal customers wanna let you know that we are watting for palm pre 2 or c40,

whatever is gonna be called  just dont let us down by not offering  i belive  that every person that has tried the palm pre or pixi   believes that web os is the best mobile plataform    so please  we want  to know a date already when  is the next webos device is coming

if you also  wanna get your hands on the next webos device then sign  here sprint  knows that there are lots of people watting for this to happen

88 REPLIES 88
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: hey sprint we all loyal customers wanna let you know that we are watting for palm pre 2 or c40,

We haven't any information on upcoming devices (we're in the dark too) but +1 to that!  I've been using a Pre since launch and it's still my 'goto' phone.  Now for a bigger screen and keyboard, faster CPU and bigger battery.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: hey sprint we all loyal customers wanna let you know that we are watting for palm pre 2 or c40,

+1 I love WebOS 7+ years loyal sprint customer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Early last year, I expressed in a customer survey that i was waiting for an Android phone. I bought the Pre when it came out because I couldn't wait any longer for a new phone.

I was so happily surprised by the WebOS that I now will not upgrade until I can get a newer model phone with the WebOS. It is fantastic! The community is fantastic. I recommend it all the time to my friends.

All it needs now is hardware to match its capabilities. The Pre itself is a little behind the curve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Honestly, I am more interested in getting WebOS 2.0.  As for new hardware, take a look at Galaxy Tab, a small tablet device that all 4 major carriers including Sprint will get.  At this point, the OS is Android 2.2 and the release date is "This Fall."  HP has hinted at new hardware using WebOS but the hardware is more likely to be a smaller tablet like the Galaxy Tab.  WebOS will be tweaked for the larger screen size and the tablet will have phone functionality and WiFi.  It is unclear whether or not a WiFi only version will be released...of course, that will require Sprint to sell a device without a 2 year contract...that will happen, right! HOW STUPID OF ME...OF COURSE, SPRINT WILL REQUIRE A 2-YEAR DATA ONLY PLAN ON THIS DEVICE! HP/Palm will likely release the Windows 7 version of a (dare I call it) a PalmPad in time for the Holidays and a WebOS version in Q1 2011.  At least, those are the most reliable rumors.  Please note, I said "rumors." 

Message was edited by: mikeyr0314

Highlighted
Journeyman

Completely agree - I've been very pleased with Sprint (ex ATT/Verizon user) and for the comprehensive data plan GPS, call quality and coverage, Sprint has seriously won me over.

Supporting the fledgling Palm devices couldn't have been an easy process but I've been very impressed with both Sprint stores customer service and phone support. webOS is awesome and I hope Sprint will continue their relationship with HP/Palm devices in addition to android devices (choice is good). Other vendor's 'crippling' or lock-in of devices is bad business and I hope Sprint will continue to offer maximum choices for their customers, including new hardware for the awesome webOS devices.

Message was edited by: lorelieasterly

Highlighted
Journeyman

lorelieasterly wrote:

Completely agree - I've been very pleased with Sprint (ex ATT/Verizon user) and for the comprehensive data plan GPS, call quality and coverage, Sprint has seriously won me over.

Supporting the fledgling Palm devices couldn't have been an easy process but I've been very impressed with both Sprint stores customer service and phone support. webOS is awesome and I hope Sprint will continue their relationship with HP/Palm devices in addition to android devices (choice is good). Other vendor's 'crippling' or lock-in of devices is bad business and I hope Sprint will continue to offer maximum choices for their customers, including new hardware for the awesome webOS devices.

Message was edited by: lorelieasterly

lorelieasterly:  If you all think about it, coming out with new WebOS devices/phones is mostly up to HP/Palm, a lot more so than Sprint.  HP has indicated they are coming out soon with a new "Palm Pad" device...that will run on Windows 7.  However, they have also indicated that a WebOS version of the PalmPad will be released in Q1 2011.  The bad news is that it appears it will NOT have telephony functionality.  This is a tragic decision if it is true, as a 7" screen PalmPad with WebOS and telephony would be a breakthrough device, possibly outstripping the iPad in my personal opinion.  I suspect, HP has noted that the vast majority of the iPad sales have been to users who opted for the less expensive unit without telephony.  Too bad if true.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BUMP!!   YEAH WHEN ALREADY?????? LOVE THE WEBOS...NOW HP OS lol....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm with those guys!!!  I love my palm pre...I'm fully aware of some of the hardware issues and have had some myself....but I'm willing to give Palm HP a little grace period as this was there first jump into the modern smart-phone market.  WebOS is by far the best multi-tasking platform out there.  I have countless freinds and business colleagues that are either frustrated with the limitations of Blackberrys or the "Clunkiness" of the Android platform.  I've been with sprint for over 10 years and have no intention of leaving.....I just really hope they get the first launch of the new WebOS phones.  I'm due for an upgrade in November and while I really don't care about bigger screens or gaming capabilities, I need a new phone with more reliable hardware and one that can keep up with me.  My current pre is great but things keep moving forward so I just need to have my periodic updates........and I think WebOS will be a big part of the future market.

Highlighted
Wizard

I was very much a person who was totally unconvinced that I needed a smartphone - and the original Palm Pre with WebOS on it convinced me otherwise.

The OS is excellent and I look forward to the improvements brought by WebOS 2.

What I most look forward to is a less fragile device with better battery life, running WebOS, though.

My original Palm Pre is starting to show it's age, and the slider is no longer quite as smooth as it once was, and the front slider has some small cracks along the edge...

A new HP / WebOS phone with better durability would be great...

http://www.mobilecrunch.com/2010/10/11/palm-pre-2-details-leak/

Tom

Highlighted
Journeyman

Lastest rumor I read is that pre2 will basically be a pre with webos2, faster processor, and more ram (http://www.precentral.net/sfr-outs-palm-pre-2-1ghz-processor-and-512mb-ram)  I can't tell if the screen is any bigger, but does not appear to be the case.

I just got my pre a few weeks ago (better late than never) and I love webos and and smaller form factor of this phone... you can put this phone in your pocket without looking like a perv.   Now that I've really used it, the 500mHz processor is definately making itself known, so the 1GHz processor will make a big difference, but not enough for me to trade in my original pre just yet.

I hope palm has something really huge up their sleeve and soon.... webos is awesome but it is being left behind because of the hardware, slow progress with updates, and some would argue lack of apps.

Highlighted
Wizard

A few more pics of the Palm Pre II from a French site...

http://www.mobifrance.com/news/2010-10-12/id17539/Lancement-imminent-du-Palm-Pr-II-/

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat