cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes Sync broken again

Highlighted
Journeyman

iTunes Sync broken again

This is for a Sprint Rep.  What are Sprints plans on dealing with the Palm and the issues with the iTunes sync?  I bought my Pre specifically because it was advertised to have iTunes capability, however, every time I get an iTunes update, my sync is broke until Palm puts out a new update.  All of this was due to Palm's negligence.  I hope to hear back soon.

Tim

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Re: iTunes Sync broken again

I don't think Sprint will do anything. This is between Palm and Apple software development, not Sprint. There are many other work arounds and 3rd party applications that will allow you to sync your iTunes music onto your Pre.

Personally I have been using DoubleTwist which has the ability to easily drag & drop iTunes play lists onto any device (not just the Pre).

That said, I wouldn't be suprised if Palm tried to fix this again in the next software release.

Journeyman

Garrett,

I understand that there are third party apps to do the iTunes sync, but thats not the point.  Why should I spend the money for those apps when I bought the phone expecting for there to be iTunes compatibility.  Everytimes there is an iTunes updates, it breaks Palm.  Palm never got buyoff from Apple to imitate an Ipod.  I could have stayed with my existing phone and go buy an iPod, however, I wanted it integrated.

I am Sprint's customer, they need to push Palm to make it right on behalf of their customers.  If they want to provide me with the software needed free of charge, fine.  I refuse to pay more money to get a capability that I should have.

So, Sprint people, are you going to do anything?

Tim

Wizard

DoubleTwist is free.

Journeyman

I havn't had any problems to this day syncing my Itunes account.  But I also have a Ipod touch on the same account as well.  So thats why I may be able to upload.  But also, I havn't allowed Itunes to upgrade sense all the sync problems started either.  So it could be a few things there as to why I can still sync.  So I would advise either stop updating itunes, or just get an apple device to use.  One of the two are working for me I am pleased to say!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat