cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes playlists / videos sync

Journeyman

iTunes playlists / videos sync

Previously I had no problems with copying music / playlists from iTunes to my Pre. The album art displayed on the Pre, and I saw the iTunes playlists both in iTunes and on the Pre itself. No problems there until one day I panicked and did a partial reset when the keyboard stopped working (which BTW didn't solve that problem). Now my playlists no longer show up on my Pre. The songs transfer ok, but I see the message "There are no items in this category" where there should be three playlists. Oddly enough, the playlists display in iTunes as being on the Pre.

Semi-related,some of the videos I copied from iTunesnow have weird letter combinations in place of the titles.

Thought I would throw this puzzler to the forum, since there's some smart folks in here. Smiley Happy

I'm running iTunes 8.2 on two computers, both WinXP, and the latest version of WebOS (1.0.4).

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Sprint Product Ambassador

Re: iTunes playlists / videos sync

Mu guess is the partial reset hosed things up.  :-)  I'd guess since it left music etc. on the memory but erased the main settings, something got confused.

Fortunatley, a full (hard) reset doesn't take much more than a partial reset.  Copy photos, etc. off of the device - everything will be removed.

Then try the hard reset. 

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

Will,

SoI'malready at PreArmageddon huh? That didn't take long. Smiley Happy

I could hard reset it...losing all my settings and the almost 900 music tracks I transferred last night. No big deal. But the toughloss is going to be all those Bejeweled2 high scores, since my attempts to get the files from the Pre with the high score table intactwill likely fail.

Guess I'm going to be spending excessive quality timewith my Pre recreating that high score table. There are worse ways to spend an evening....

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hmm.  Not sure about game high scores, but every other setting is backed up to your Palm Profile.  I've hard reset this phone three times and never lost anything except photos taken on the phone and not backed up.

The music and stuff will re-sync from iTunes; the app settings and downloaded apps will pull back down  from your Palm Profile.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

The hard reset did the trick.

Unfortunately, game scores are not backed up. Neither are text messages or web bookmarks. Maybe my experience is unique but after the hard and the partial reset the Pre forgot about one of my installed apps and I had to reinstall it.

While there's quite a few benefits to the cloud and the Palm Profile, it would be nice if after a hard reset the Palm Profile would act more as a system restore rather than safe mode. Just my opinion.

Thanks for your help. I'm off to find a features thread to suggest some changes to the Palm Profile...

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat