Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

palm pre music download

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

palm pre music download

hi, i just buy the palm pre less than a week ago trying to down load mucis and having no success. first i plug in the usb cord only 2 options on the phone which is charge phone and usb, which should be three as i saw on others phone where is the media sync option. i did everything that was shown on the phone and my friend that has the phone try to help and nothing happen. I am able to down load songs,but they are not show up in my music library,once i plug the phone back up to the computer i am able to see that the music is on my phone but no where to be found, did this happen to anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Master

You don't need the "Media Sync" option unless you arer using Itunes, DoubleTwist, Winamp etc. to sync your music.

To get "Media Sync" to show up, Open "Launcher" go to the "Device Info" app, Pull down the menu on the top left, Choose "Enable Media Sync".

The easiest way to add your music is to plug the phone in, Choose "USB Drive" look for the folder named "Music"(Create on if there isn't one), Drag and Drop your songs into it, Eject phone.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Master

You don't need the "Media Sync" option unless you arer using Itunes, DoubleTwist, Winamp etc. to sync your music.

To get "Media Sync" to show up, Open "Launcher" go to the "Device Info" app, Pull down the menu on the top left, Choose "Enable Media Sync".

The easiest way to add your music is to plug the phone in, Choose "USB Drive" look for the folder named "Music"(Create on if there isn't one), Drag and Drop your songs into it, Eject phone.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for answering h back, i found the media sync,but thats for later. i did everything that you just said since i got the phone and just did it again and nothing is showing up in my music folder its still saying that it is empty. i know the music is there because when i try to drop the folder in the palm pre it is saying that it is a duplicate. what am i not doing right.

Highlighted
Master

If you open the music folder on the Pre is it showing them? What format are your music files? Did you purchase them from itunes(DRM protected)?

Are your songs in the folder your trying to sync in sub folders? Try to drag and drop them in to the main "Music" folder, You say you are droping a "Folder" into the "Music" folder? I don't think they can be in sub folders in there.

Here is a link for DoubleTwist(free) just in case you wanted it. http://www.doubletwist.com/dt/Home/Index.dt

Message was edited by: Levi4u

Journeyman

i download the music from a cd to my window media player then create a folder. thank you i will try it out what should i do just download music from the website then save it on my computer and tranfer it to my phone?

Highlighted
Master

What format are they? MP3,WAV,WMA?

If they are MP3's or WAV's then you should just have to drop them into the music folder, WMA's are not supported.

Plug in your Pre, Open the "Music" folder, Delete whatever is in there.

Open the folder on your PC that has the music in it you wish to transfer, Select those, Highlight them, Right Click - Copy.

Go back to the "Music" Folder on the Pre, Open it, Right click in it, Paste.

Double twist is a program similar to itunes, It has access to the "Amazon" music store(as does the Pre). But you can use it to organize and sync your music you have on your PC already.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am almost sure that it is not mp3 or wma, but i try your option. thank you for all your help i will check back with you tomorrow and let you know what happen. thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i could not wait until tomorrow. but it work.  i thank you very much you did much better the the techs at the sprint store.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat