cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pre locked after update

Highlighted
Journeyman

pre locked after update

I  have owned my Pre for 8 months and I have never been so unhappy with a phone in my entire life. I am ready to throw it out a moving car. Since my automatic update yesterday now the friggin thing locked up and i cant do anything. On the support site it says to push the power button down and slide the ringer switch back and forth 3 times and it should unlock. well it doesn't. Any suggestions short of blowing it up?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Is it stuck with the palm logo on the screen(not flashing)? If it is remove the battery, leave it out a couple mins, Reinsert battery, Restart phone. If it is still stuck repeat, But this time leave battery out 5 mins. This is a know issue that has been reported to palm.

Also to reset you can hold "orange button+Sym+R" at the same time.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you i will try it. It is not on te Palm symbol, it is on my home screen but will not respond to any touch. I can receive calls but I cannot hang up the call or do anything else.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have taken the battery out for 5 plus minutes, now it has the Palm symbol pulsating and no response. Ive tried the orange/symbol/R to no avail and the off/ringer 3 times and nothing. Any suggestions?

Highlighted
Master

If you are getting the Palm symbol pulsating, That is normal while it is rebooting, Give it time and it should boot up normal. Do not reset or remove the battery while it is doing this. It could corrupt the data. If you are still having issues go here and run the WEB OS Dr. on your phone.

When you run webOS Doctor, all personal information and applications that you installed through App Catalog are deleted from your phone. However, logging in to your existing Palm profile after you use the tool restores any information backed up to your Palm profile (such as contacts, calendar events, and tasks). It also restores information from any online accounts you synchronize with, such as Google or Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync.

Important If you have pictures, videos, music files, or other files on the USB drive of your phone, you will need to restore these from your computer. Running the tool deletes all files stored in the USB drive.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think we need a webOS 1.41.  I've had 4 or 5 complete freezes in a week since I updated to 1.4.  Its getting a bit annoying.  If I'm gonna beta test software it would be nice to be aware of that before I download.  You'd think that palm would have had the decency to test the OS before making it available.  This problem is far to common to have not been noticed in even the most abbreviated test situation.  I think Palm is taking lessons from Microsoft.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i have been on the phone with palm and sprint a better part of the day and they are replacing the phone. I cannot even get it to charge the battery.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat