cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sorry if it's been posted, but can you side load videos on to the Pre?

Highlighted
Patron

sorry if it's been posted, but can you side load videos on to the Pre?

If you can do this, where is it that you put them on the phone? Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Patron

well playing with it in USB mode, I think I got it all worked out

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Correct connect in USB mode, dump the video anywhere on the memory space.

MP4 file, H.264 / AAC codec, 480x320 resolution.

(iTunes sync works great too...)

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was able to transfer some of my Itunes videos but not all of them. What is the solution? All my Itunes music transfered with no problem.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Size or file extension were the two problems I found.  Has to be MP4, has to be the right size.

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Doktor Jones wrote:

BTW, for Windows users, I can enthusiastically recommend MediaCoder iPhone/iPod Edition to convert just about any video to Pre-compatible format. I've used it for a couple of videos now, including WMVs, and they've all worked and are great quality.

Oh, and did I mention... it's 100% free?

Message Edited by Doktor Jones on 06-10-2009 02:37 AM

It may be free, but I see that it is trying to install some market research stuff that if you decline their user agreement you cannot install the program.

I don't know exactlyhow it does this monitoring of your internet usage etc, but I'd rather not find out.

User beware on this program, install at your own risk. It may be perfectly fine, but you never know what shady spyware might be installing when you do stuff like this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

BTW, for Windows users, I can enthusiastically recommend MediaCoder iPhone/iPod Edition to convert just about any video to Pre-compatible format. I've used it for a couple of videos now, including WMVs, and they've all worked and are great quality.

Oh, and did I mention... it's 100% free?

Message Edited by Doktor Jones on 06-10-2009 02:37 AM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can Pazera convert an mp4 file that isn't Pre compatible?

I had an mp4 file I loaded onto my Pre last night that won't play, it was a video formatted for an ipod so I figured it would work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Pazera is great. I used it a lot for my Instinct.

It will allow you to reencode incompatible MP4s to a Pre compatible codec. It also lets you change the bitrates for audio and video. There are some really helpful resizing and cropping options as well.

My only concern about Pazera is that I once got a trojan warning after using it. I am not sure if it was just an overzelous anti-virus app, an infected copy or what. I never had a problem as a result.

Message Edited by Blubble on 06-10-2009 12:46 PM

Highlighted
Journeyman

I installed Videora but when I tried to load the video in question from earlier I got an error telling it the video wasn't compatible or something.

Didn't make much sense why the error but I can play it just fine on my computer, but not the Pre

Highlighted
Journeyman

Fixed. If that happens again you can hit edit and under the html editing just take the <pre> tag out

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat