cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life on the HTC 10- Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Today, we use our devices for nearly everything… calls, messages, streaming music, video, navigation, etc.  Battery life is a top priority.  HTC gets that, and they built in phenomenal battery life into the HTC 10.

I have been using the HTC 10 for a little over a month now, and can honestly say the battery life on the HTC 10 is the strongest I’ve had to date, and I’ve used a lot of devices over the years. The HTC 10 was engineered to provide up to two days of normal use for a battery. 

The HTC 10 has a new PowerBotics system, which enhances hardware and software efficiency, providing up to 30% longer battery life. It also comes with a Quick Charge 3.0 Rapid Charger. This can give you up to 50% charge in only 30 minutes, and the HTC 10 keeps cool while the battery is charging as well.

The included cable has changed to USB Type C. I recommend you use the cable and charger that comes with your device to yield maximum charging results. My favorite thing about USB Type C is that it is reversible.  It does not matter which side is inputted into the port (unlike the micro USB cable).

That being said, you might have a lot of old chargers around your house and in your car that work with micro USB.  You can buy a micro USB to Type C adapter, but it will slow the charging speed to charge your device.  I purchased a few micro USB to Type C tips, and use them with my car chargers. It was a convenient and affordable solution.  However, when I use the cable and charger provided, the charging speed increases significantly.

HTC has listed the following tips in their Q&A to ensure battery life:

• In the Settings app, go to Power > Battery usage or History to see the details of different apps' battery consumption patterns.
  • Use the Boost+ app to monitor if there are irregular activities on your phone that have been handled or you need to stop. This app also has a Game battery booster feature that optimizes system resources to save battery life without affecting your gaming experience.
  • When using accessories with a USB Type-C connection, make sure to unplug it from your phone when you are not using it. It will continue to use battery power when it's connected to your phone.
  • You can choose to turn on different battery-saving features on your phone, such as Power saver, Battery optimization, and Extreme power saver.
  • Recharge your phone's battery using the QualcommQuick Charge 3.0 enabled rapid charger that came in the box.

Screenshot_20160725-114809.png

My screenshot above is after several days of use without charging! I am extremely happy with the battery life on the HTC 10. It is noticeably better than all of my other devices.

If battery life is important to you, I suggest you look into buying the HTC 10, which is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #HTC10 #HTC