cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10 Battery Life

Sprint Product Ambassador

htc-10-global-glacier-silver-black-phone-listing.png

htc-10-logo.png

Smartphone manufacturers have been in an arms race to make their devices as slim as possible and have sacrificed battery life to accomplish it.

Nobody asked me, but I'd rather have longer battery life and a chunkier phone than a slim one that lets me down when I need it most.  The HTC 10 is a chunky piece of solid metal.  It looks expensive and it feels heavy.  And if Jurassic Park has taught us anything, if it's heavy, than it is expensive, or at least in this case, it feels expensive.  Part of this is because of the all metal body, but also because it has a beefy battery inside.

Of course, I am in the habit of charging my phone every night, and expect a phone to at least get through an entire day, but recently, I forgot to plug my HTC 10 in overnight.  The next day, my phone was on me all the time, but I wasn't in a situation where I could recharge it.  To be fair, it wasn't getting heavy use, but I was using email and making or receiving the occasional phone call.  I was too busy to catch any Pokémon over this two-day period.  So I ended up doing an impromptu and informal test of HTC's claim that the HTC 10 would last two days.

I got home from work, and with my mind on other things, still didn't plug my phone in.  I checked Facebook a couple of times, read a couple of blogs, shopped Amazon, and briefly played a couple of games.  A few hours later, I was in bed reading an eBook on the HTC 10.  When I was finally ready to go to sleep, I noticed that the battery was at 22%.  I really wasn't trying to test the battery, not was I consciously trying to limit my use of the phone over this two-day period, but in this very unscientific and accidental test, I did indeed get two full days from a single charge.

Also important to note is that the HTC 10 uses a USB type C cable and supports fast charging.  In my unscientific testing, I was once able to charge this phone from 10% to 100% in under an hour.  I don't know why it charged that fast, nor have I attempted to recreate this experiment.  What I'm taking away from this well designed phone is that so much thought has already gone into it from HTC's engineers that I don't really have to worry about it at all.

A few years ago, a large and well known electronics firm from Korea released a phone without a replaceable battery and without expandable memory.  My gut reaction told me that such a phone was not for me.  Common sense told me that I had to have the ability to swap out batteries and add micro SD cards.  I would have none of that.

While it's true that you can add a micro-SD card to the HTC 10, I haven't.  And I haven't needed to.  It is also true that the battery in the HTC is firmly locked in there, way out of reach of most users, but I really don't think that will be a problem either.  The engineers at HTC have struck a perfect balance between form and function.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee