cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10, an Audiophile's BFF - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

If you’re an audiophile, trust me.. the HTC 10 is the smartphone for you.

As we age, what we hear varies. For example, there is a tv set that makes a high pitched sound. I cannot hear this sound, but people in their 20’s and younger can. Crazy, right? Sad, but true, as we age, our hearing degrades. There are tones and frequencies we probably should hear, but cannot anymore.

Fortunately, the HTC 10 seems to be able to combat this with their HTC Boomsound with Dolby Audio, which enhances the sound for your headphones, but even better… comes with personal audio profiles.

First, go to Settings > Phone > HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio > Dolby Headphone effects > and select the headphones you’re using.

Screenshot_20160718-105255.png

Next go to Settings > Phone > HTC BoomSound with Dolby Audio > Personal Audio Profile > + > Create an audio profile > Listen to frequencies (accurate)

Screenshot_20160718-105313.png

This is where the magic happens. Note: you do need headphones on for this to work. Going through this process allows you to fine-tune an audio profile for your hearing abilities. You’ll listen for high, low, and mid-range frequencies in both ears, just like a hearing test. Then, it creates a personal audio profile for you.  You can create multiple profiles as well, and then listen to which sounds better when listening to your music.

Screenshot_20160718-105608.png

The HTC 10 has certified Hi-res audio processing, 24-bit DAC (digital to analog converter) and a high performance headset amplifier. All of what HTC has built into the HTC 10 makes for a stellar listening experience. I can definitely notice a difference when listening to my music through headphones on the HTC 10 compared to my other devices, and the difference is definitely very positive.

Screenshot_20160718-105742.png

If you’re not using headphones, the HTC 10 does have the HTC BoomSound™ Hi-Fi edition speakers that feature a separate tweeter and woofer design, and a dedicated amplifier for each speaker. It of course doesn’t sound as amazing as using headphones, but does a nice job for when you want to listen to some audio through your HTC 10 speakers.  It has a theater mode and music mode from which to choose. I find the theater mode to sound better than the music mode, even when listening to music, but comes down to personal preference I suppose.

If you haven’t purchased your HTC 10 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #HTC10 #HTC