cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 10

0 Comments

htc-10-global-glacier-silver-black-phone-listing.png

htc-10-logo.png

Google creates the Android operating system, then distributes for free to whoever wants to use it.  Many companies will tweak the user interface so that it is more customized to their hardware or customer experience, for instance, Samsung uses an interface called TouchWiz.  Other manufactures will tweak the UI so much that it's barely recognizable, for instance, Amazon uses Android as the core for their Fire OS which is on their tablets and television set-top streaming devices.  On the other end of this spectrum are the Google branded Nexus devices; tablets and phones that are installed with stock or naked Android.

My personal preference is to just leave it alone and stay as close to stock as possible.  The Nexus devices are a joy to use with their intuitive interface as well as consistent user experience.

In addition to changing the user interface, many manufactures also write their own versions of apps that would come with the operating system anyway, such as messaging apps, camera interface, calendars and so on.  Sometimes these alternate apps are an improvement, but in my opinion, are usually unnecessary.

HTC has taken an interesting approach with the HTC 10.  It doesn't quite have stock Android, but it's nphotos 2.JPGot far off.  I use the Google Now launcher anyway, so it looks and feels very similar to a native Android experience.  HTC does have their own versions of many common apps, but they are optional and doesn't come preinstalled on the phone.  No duplicate apps!  I think this is a brilliant move.  If you have a Google account, (if you are using an Android phone, you probably do), then you can automatically sync most of your data to Google's cloud for free.  For instance, instead of including a photo browser from HTC, you get the brilliant Google Photos app.  Google Photos gives you the ability to browse all of your photos, whether they are on your phone's main memory, on expandable memory via a micro SD card, or if they are on the Google Photo website.  All of your photos are also automatically backed up for free, forever, with free unlimited cloud storage.  Why wouldn't you want to use this app?

LikGoogle Keep Reicpe.pngewise, you can sync data across devices and platforms with other free Google apps and services such as Calendar, Keep, and Drive.calendar.png  I can access my calendar from any browser from any computer, and can share it with any of my friends or family.  My wife and I maintain separate calendars, but can see and even edit each others if needed.  We can make appointments that include the both of us and save it on both of our calendars, and get reminders on our phones and tablets.  Shopping lists, recipes, AC filter sizes, and all kinds of miscellaneous data can be kept on virtual Post-It notes with Keep, and like calendar, I can access from any browser from any device and share it with anyone.

Another perfect example of HTC's elimination of app duplication is the absence of HTC Fun Fit.  You want a fitness tracker?  Google Fit is installed on the phone and works perfect.  Your data is backed up to the cloud and ready to be used with your next device.

The suite of Google's apps are so useful and powerful, that it only makes sense to use them instead of a third-party app.

HTC realizes that they have some diehard longtime fans who are used to or prefer their twist on things, so they make it easy to just download and install as little or as much of their apps as you want.  To my knowledge, HTC is the only company who have been able to strike a perfect balance to a true Android experience and still have customization available.  For instance, if you really miss HTC Fun Fit, you can still install it from the Google Play Store.

Full disclosure: IHTC Mail.png did install HTC's email app, and really like the interface.  It has become my go-to email app.

Also missing is a HTC branded flashlight app, or any flashlight app at all.  Instead, just pull down the drawer from the top of the phone to turn your flashlight on or off.  It is easily accessible while using almost any app, so it is ultimately much easier to use.

HTC has created an ultra-premium device in the HTC 10.  It looks and feels beautiful, and the user experience is only enhance by the level of restraint HTC has shown by resisting the urge to mess with the already great user interface that Android Marshmallow provides.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

#HTC_10 #Sprint #Android #Email #Google_Keep #Sprint_Poduct_Ambassadors

0 Comments

htc-10-logo.png

While there are still some mobile operating systems out there besides Android and iOS, that is the exception to the rule.  A recent study from Gartner Research shows that 98.4% of all smartphones sold in the fourth quarter of 2015 were either Android or iOS. Break these numbers down further and you find out that of those phones sold, Android has an almost incredible 80.7% of the world's market shared compared to Apple's 17.7 percent market share.

Look at those numbers a little closer and you see that Samsung had 20.7 of the world's smartphone market.  So while there are certainly many manufacturers out there, Apple and Samsung combined share 44.7% of all smartphone sales.

I am not bashing Apple or Samsung.  They both make great quality products, and you would be happy with either one.

A friend of mine only buys Apple products.  They work for him, they do what he needs, and he is comfortable dwelling in the beautiful walled garden Apple has created.  I feel pretty certain that he won't be purchasing an Android product from any manufacturer, Samsung or otherwise, but he is the first to point out to me that he is eternally grateful for the competition that Android devices brings to Apple because that competition spurs innovation and creativity while driving costs down.  In short, his experience as an Apple user will only get better and better the more Apple's competitors thrive.

The problem with having only two really big phone companies is that with their size comes really big marketing budgets.  Apple and Samsung can advertise in ways and places that the little guys can't, and their marketing is successful.  Successful market translates into successful sales, which translates into more money for future marketing campaigns.

Some smaller companies, such as HTC just cannot spend as much promoting their products as the two big guys.  HTC is a relatively small company compared to the other two, but they have been around for a while making devices under their name and under many other brands for years.  In fact, High Tech Computers was making smartphones before either Apple or Samsung.  Even before smartphones, going back to the days of PDAs.  Remember the really cool handheld Windows Mobile device from Compaq, the iPaq Pocket PC 3630? That was made by HTC.  HTC also made the HTC Evo 4G, the first 4G phone in the United States.  Ask any technician who had the pleasure of working on an Evo 4G, and they will likely sing praises of the nice design on the inside of the phone, something that few consumers would ever see.  They were well constructed and modular in nature, really a marvel of engineering.  Of course, there was my personal favorite HTC phone, the HTC Evo 3D.

HTC is a leaner company than the two giants, and still have a group of dedicated engineers that have created the best HTC smartphone ever in the HTC 10, but have little marketing muscle to tell you about it.  The camera is awesome, the touchscreen is super responsive, and the fingerprint scanner is the best I've ever used.  The two way speaker system is innovative and the headphone quality is second to none.  It is an innovative device that Samsung and Apple would do well to copy.  When my Apple-loving friend saw my HTC 10 he commented that it looks nicer than any phone Apple has ever sold.

Nobody wants to live in a world in which the only two choices are between a Chevy and a Camry.  We need competition.  We need HTC.

As a consumer, I implore you to consider the alternatives before settling on the giants.  You will be happy with an Apple or a Samsung, but you very well may be delighted by the alternatives.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

htc 10 silver.pngThe HTC 10 for the last month has been a very solid phone for me. One HTC 10 feature I like is the fingerprint scanner to secure my phone. My phones are used for both personal and business that requires some additional security to keep sensitive work information secure in case my phone is ever lost. Having my phone secured came in handy when I was trying on shoes one day and left my phone on the bench. I saw some guys come in the store and stopped by where I was sitting and sounded all exited like they had found something..... they did. At the time I had not realized I left my phone on the bench and someone had picked it up. I saw the two guys in section of the store looking at a phone and thought nothing of it. When I left the store, I realized I had lost my phone and went back in to see if anyone had turned in a phone. The store employee pulled out a phone and it was my HTC 10. The screen showed number of failed attempts to access the phone.... All my work information was secured with both my fingerprint and backup PIN

Setting up the fingerprint scanner does not take long and provides the ability to access your phone very quickly without having to enter password or PIN.

Fingerprint 1.PNG

Here are the steps to setup the fingerprint scanner....

1. Go to Settings
  2. Tap Fingerprint scanner
  3. Select Fingerprint Scanner again
  4. Tap Add Fingerprint
  5. One of three lock screen options has to be selected. I went with PIN
  6. Next screen will ask to select option to require PIN before it the phone starts up, select an option and tap Continue
  7. Privacy option is offered next on hot to display items while phone is locked, select and option and Tap Done

Fingerprint 2.PNG

The first 7 steps above go very quickly.... the next couple of steps of actually adding your fingerprint will take a little longer. The scanner requires multiple touches and need to make sure your finger covers the scanner. When the finger does not cover the scanner correctly a red bar is displayed asking to cover the scanner completely. Keep touching the scanner until All Done is displayed. Once completed there is an option to add 4 more fingerprints so I added two more based on how I use my HTC 10.

Screenshot_20160808-153032.png

Now your HTC 10 is setup and secured with both a fingerprint and extra screen lock method of your choice. When the option is selected to hide while sensitive information all messages details are hidden and will require the phone to unlocked with fingerprint or pin to the message. This is the option I use to keep my information secured and at the same time see what type of messages (gaming, text, email, ect) are coming to see if I need to check it out.

Looking for more information on the HTC 10, please visit HTC 10 or stop by a Sprint store to check the HTC 10.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee. htc10 htc

0 Comments

htc-10-logo.png

Smartphone manufacturers have been in an arms race to make their devices as slim as possible and have sacrificed battery life to accomplish it.

Nobody asked me, but I'd rather have longer battery life and a chunkier phone than a slim one that lets me down when I need it most.  The HTC 10 is a chunky piece of solid metal.  It looks expensive and it feels heavy.  And if Jurassic Park has taught us anything, if it's heavy, than it is expensive, or at least in this case, it feels expensive.  Part of this is because of the all metal body, but also because it has a beefy battery inside.

Of course, I am in the habit of charging my phone every night, and expect a phone to at least get through an entire day, but recently, I forgot to plug my HTC 10 in overnight.  The next day, my phone was on me all the time, but I wasn't in a situation where I could recharge it.  To be fair, it wasn't getting heavy use, but I was using email and making or receiving the occasional phone call.  I was too busy to catch any Pokémon over this two-day period.  So I ended up doing an impromptu and informal test of HTC's claim that the HTC 10 would last two days.

I got home from work, and with my mind on other things, still didn't plug my phone in.  I checked Facebook a couple of times, read a couple of blogs, shopped Amazon, and briefly played a couple of games.  A few hours later, I was in bed reading an eBook on the HTC 10.  When I was finally ready to go to sleep, I noticed that the battery was at 22%.  I really wasn't trying to test the battery, not was I consciously trying to limit my use of the phone over this two-day period, but in this very unscientific and accidental test, I did indeed get two full days from a single charge.

Also important to note is that the HTC 10 uses a USB type C cable and supports fast charging.  In my unscientific testing, I was once able to charge this phone from 10% to 100% in under an hour.  I don't know why it charged that fast, nor have I attempted to recreate this experiment.  What I'm taking away from this well designed phone is that so much thought has already gone into it from HTC's engineers that I don't really have to worry about it at all.

A few years ago, a large and well known electronics firm from Korea released a phone without a replaceable battery and without expandable memory.  My gut reaction told me that such a phone was not for me.  Common sense told me that I had to have the ability to swap out batteries and add micro SD cards.  I would have none of that.

While it's true that you can add a micro-SD card to the HTC 10, I haven't.  And I haven't needed to.  It is also true that the battery in the HTC is firmly locked in there, way out of reach of most users, but I really don't think that will be a problem either.  The engineers at HTC have struck a perfect balance between form and function.

1 Comment

In the early days, HTC was one of the leaders in Android smart phone. I was one of the proud owner of the HTC EVO, which I claimed it is the phone that saved Sprint from the brink of bankruptcy.  However, soon after HTC lost that lead over other competitors.

Since then, HTC has been struggling to catch up in the last few years. For each new device coming out since the HTC One M7, I have hoped that the new device will save HTC and bring HTC back to the main stream. I think the HTC 10 is the phone that has all the quality to be the one that can save HTC, albeit may need a few minor enhancements.

• I am bias, but I always love the look and feel of the HTC GUI.  Although this time around, HTC keeps a lot of Google Marshmallow flavor, the HTC touch is still there.
  • HTC has certainly overcome most of camera imperfection, and I found the HTC 10 probably has one of the best cameras and equally being one of the best among the flagship smartphones out there (please see my other blogs on camera).  One flaw I found is when I have the phone on aperture control, I found it is very hard to get a good focus on the object.  I think it is something can be fixed in software as in other modes, the focus works really well.
  • HTC Boomsound features are great.  I probably get the best sound out of my old minivan than the system was designed for. I wonder why HTC stopped at only provided Boomsound for directly connected speakers, why can?t it work via Bluetooth.
  • Battery life is great. The super charger also charges the phone very quickly.  I have not done real measurement, but it is super super fast compared to other of my phone experience.
  • Processor is fast, I have seen no issue with lagging.
  • Overall, I have been very happy with the HTC 10

All those things and more make HTC 10 a great phone, but will it be enough for HTC to obtain traction in catching up with the market.  It is really a sixty million dollar question?

Bye for now.

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Hey again, everyone!

It is time to close out my blog series on the HTC 10. I know, I know, I’m sad about it, too . However, I hope to be back very soon with another device or accessory!  Keep an eye out for future blogs soon! 

I spent roughly six weeks with the HTC 10, and I have to say that I am quite pleased with the experience. I have long been a Samsung fan because Samsung was my first Android smartphone (Samsung Epic); however, I have also used nearly every HTC device on Sprint. I always like to give HTC a chance to win me over and allow me to plant my feet firmly in the HTC camp, but previous iterations have not really had a wow factor that attracted me from Samsung. Things are a bit different with the HTC 10, however.  

Hardware

The HTC 10 is the best HTC yet in the M series of its devices. HTC has expanded up on its unibody design since the M7 and has made it look and feel better with each installment. The M10 is a beautiful device both in look and feel. The brushed aluminum finish is attractive and professional, and the intricate detail on the power and volume buttons is easily noticeable. I feel as though HTC put its heart and soul (if a corporation can have one) into this device to make it the best yet, and I believe it succeeds.  

The cameras (front/back) were impressive.  The rear camera allowed superior quality, was intuitive to use, and performed well in low-light situations. The rear camera lens is raised just slightly off of the housing of the device, which helps it keep its minimalistic look and feel.  Also, not that most people likely care or notice much, I appreciated the return to the circular camera lens over the square camera lens. This is a minor modification, but one that I personally appreciated all the same.  

The addition of the fingerprint scanner in the home button is flawless. I was able to unlock my device 100 percent of the time without fail using the fingerprint scanner. HTC did pretty well with the scanner on the HTC Max (rear of the device), but I am confident that the HTC 10’s scanner is significantly improved. A simple tap and I was on my way to doing whatever needed to be done with the device.  

The speakers, coupled with Dolby Audio support, project sound beautifully in various scenarios. YouTube videos sound great, music sounds great, and movies sound amazing. The speakers are clear and provide minimal distortion of audio, which is a plus!  

The charging setup (USB-C) is a welcome change. It has been about seven years since most devices were standardized to MicroUSB, so a new charging/USB setup is due. Sure, there were stragglers using proprietary or older charging systems (Apple, Palm, BlackBerry), but the vast majority of devices adopted the MicroUSB charging solution and stuck with it. USB C is a new era of charging/data transfer, and it is great to see it added to smartphones like the HTC 10. It truly is a wonderful feeling to be able to plug in a charging cable in any direction without worrying about destroying it or the port (Apple users will know this to be true with the Lightning Cable!). 

Finally, the battery life is superb on the HTC 10. The HTC 10 packs a 3,000 mAh battery that can quite literally last all day. Other devices have had a 3,000 mAh battery, but the HTC 10 extends battery life through optimization to extend the life of the device. Power efficient components and circuitry, app optimization and background activity synchronization are all key players to extending the battery life on this device. It’s no secret that I play Pokémon GO as often as I can, and I need a device that will get through the day while using it (especially on weekend excursions!); the HTC 10 provides the absolute best experience for battery life when playing Pokémon GO (Here’s a blog on PoGO and HTC 10 if you’re interested) or simply just using the device for other daily tasks. I have never been more pleased with battery life on a device.

Software

The user experience has been simplified on the HTC 10, making navigation easier, all while taking up less disk space. HTC remove redundant applications that were already existent on the device through the Android OS. By removing redundant applications, HTC was able to free up space on the phone and make the user experience more seamless and friendly. The material design updates and changes were a nice change to the HTC 10 with Marshmallow as well.  

In addition to simplifying the user experience by eliminating redundant applications, HTC was also able to improve touch response allowing faster response times. Also, the application launch speed is faster than leading competitors. Although milliseconds and even seconds seem small, they become noticeable when tapping the screen, launching apps, or even switching between applications.  Therefore, HTC worked to reduce this noticeable lag, and it paid off.  

Battery boost settings, which you can read more about in my Pokémon GO blog here, really extend the life of the device in various ways. Optimizing applications via built-in settings, utilizing Boost+, or utilizing one of two battery saver modes extend the life of the device when you really need it. These settings are invaluable when the device is nowhere near a charger or will not be for an extended period of time.  

Finally, HTC has really worked to redefine HTC Sense with HTC Sense 8. My favorite aspect is the Freestyle Layout, which allows users to position icons and even stickers anywhere! No longer are you restricted by a 1x1 or 2x2 box! Let your creativity run wild with icon or sticker placement – after all, this device is yours and should represent you! HTC Sense is simplified, professional, quick, and organized. In many of my previous HTC devices, I was presented with the dreaded “HTC Sense Has Stopped” error message. However, after six weeks with this device, I’ve had zero issues with HTC Sense 8 (or the device itself, actually). HTC Sense 8 is what I believe to be the perfected version of Sense, and I am quite satisfied with it.  

Final thoughts: 

Although I am done with my blog series on the HTC 10, I do not see myself switching from it as my daily driver anytime soon. I’ve grown accustomed to the device, and I have grown to love it more and more each day. The Expandable/adoptable memory, superior camera, Refined HTC Sense 8, battery and optimization, and overall hardware really sell the device in many ways.  

I highly recommend this HTC device, as I believe it is extremely competitive with current handsets on the market. Go use this device in a Sprint Store to see for yourself; I’m sure you will love it just much as I do. 

As always, thank you for reading.  Have the HTC 10 already? What are your thoughts?  What features are your favorites? Or, are you on the fence about the HTC 10? Let me help answer some questions to convince you that it’s a great purchase! Feel free to comment below with your questions or feedback!

Until next time!

~ Troy

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Author’s Note:  Any use of trademarks or copyrighted names are for reference only.  The content in this post is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the owners of said copyrights or trademarks.

0 Comments

Equipping the HTC 10 for Air Travel - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, it’s that lovely time of year where it’s actually warm enough to visit my family up north. 

This year however, I’ll get to do so with an HTC 10 as my primary co-pilot and this got me thinking…  What exactly am I going to need this year to help pass the time and make a relatively long flight followed by an equally long bus ride, as smooth and comfortable as possible?  Well of course there is my HTC 10 (that’s the easy part), but what else do I need to fully develop my HTC 10 into a non-stop entertainment machine (Especially when travelling in the air and later through some rather non-forgiving mountains).

1.jpg

First step (And Most Important): Don’t Forget That Rapid Charger

Despite the fact that the HTC 10 is equipped with a rather high-endurance 3000mAh battery, non-stop movie watching, game playing and random web surfing might still put a bit of a drain on things.  Don’t rely on external USB charging ports (seen on practically everything now adays) and bring that original supplied HTC 10 Rapid Charger (along with that USB-C cable). As you may have read in my previous blog, the HTC Rapid Charger 3.0 can bring that HTC 10 from 0-50% battery in just about 30 mins.  This certainly can get things topped off during pre-boarding (or in my case, going strong during my 3+ hour bus rude).  It also might be a good idea to pack a spare USB-C cable as those are a little few and far between at the moment.

IMAG0512.jpg

Step Two: Headphones

If you are flying in like me, you’ll likely have your device in airplane mode most of your trip. For that reason, you might want to leave those Bluetooth Buds at home.  Which is good because it gives you a good reason to finally experience the HTC Boomsound I was talking about.  In my case, I’m bringing my ever trusty AKG K240 headphones (which are basically an extension of my neck pillow). 

Even though I already have a proven Audio Profile setup for my AKG K240’s, I’m eager to setup a new “In Air” profile where sound waves bounce a little differently. Thankfully, HTC allows additional Audio Profiles to diversify both headsets and listening environments.

Step Three: Memory Expansion, App Settings and Content

Your HTC 10 theatrically will support a 2TB micro SD card for additional storage. Now, I haven’t seen such a large card on the market but it’s good to know the sky’s the limit here.  For my needs I just purchased modest 128GB card which was more than I need and still at a rather low price point. This storage is vitally needed to build all that offline content you’ll want to gather.  This can be movies, music, games or whatever you want.  I mainly use Vudu for my movie watching and Vudu’s HDX downloads look just great on HTC’s 2K screen. Just remember on a normal WIFI connection, it’s still going to take a while to download HD movies onto your SD card (so plan early and don’t wait to the last minute to start downloading).

Screenshot_20160807-091308.png

Step Four: Stand Up (For Your Right)

The case of your HTC 10 is work of art, with all metal construction you’ll be pressed to find a nicer looking build on a comparable device.  However that known, if a kickstand was ever needed you’ll have to find other arrangements elsewhere.  For my HTC 10, I use either the Elago M2 or P2 stand to point my screen properly.  You simply can’t buy a better stand at any cost and my Glacier Silver HTC 10 matches my Silver P2 stand so closely (in color) you would think they are related. I can’t recommend these stands enough and either the M2 or P2 stand would be a nice pairing for anyone wanting a stable, secure way of watching videos or simply just keeping your phone cradled while charging.

IMAG0511.jpg

Step Five: Don’t forget chargers for those paired accessories.

So, right now I’m still stuck with my 1st Gen Moto 360 watch which I TOTALLY LOVE and pairs great with the HTC 10.  However, any Bluetooth device (watch or otherwise) is only as fun as a charge will take you.   That being know, don’t forget any needed chargers (or batteries).  An uncharged watch no more than a pretty bracelet with a blank screen.

Going through that list, I think I’m ready for my trip and ready to see my HTC 10 in full traveler’s capacity.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

htc-10-spigen-slim.png

(Image from Spigen website)

I have been using Spigen cases to protect my phones for over 2 years now and they keep getting better. One of the first things I do when I have a new phone coming is to make sure I have a case to protect it because I have a tendency to drop my phone at least once and that is all it takes to crack or shatter a display. A family member got her new phone and shattered the screen the first week. She said said her case was on order no rush.... $200 dollars later for a new screen she asked me what case to purchase....

Capture.PNG

I only use Spigen cases on my phones and prefer Slim Armor as my first choice and then Tough Armor version. Why I prefer Spigen Slim Armor is because it gives my phone not only Military Grade protection,it also has a kickstand. The kickstand is great for propping up my HTC 10 with its new improved 5.2" Quad HD (2560x1440) Super LCD touch screen to watch a movie. A perfect example of where I have used this is with my 3 year old the other day. I used the Disney Junior app to stream Sofia the First for my daughters and propped my HTC 10 up with the kickstand on the table for her to watch. Not all cases have a built in kickstand and that is one of the bonuses I get with Spigen Slim Armor...

Camera protection.PNG

The HTC 10 comes with an amazing camera that needs protection from scratching up the lens.... Spigen Slim Armor will keep the HTC 10 rear facing camera safe from being scratched when laid down flat. Some cases do not provide any protection for the camera causing the lens to be scratched and a couple I have tried interfered with the camera lens...

girls.jpgWith these camera options, one would want to keep the camera lens scratch free as much as possible and Slim Armor keeps it safe...

• 12 Mega-Pixel HTC UltraPixel Rear facing Camera ◦ Laser Autofocus
  • Optical Image Stabilization (front and rear cameras)
  • Dual tone LED flash
  • BSI (Back Side Illumination) sensor for low-light images
  • 4k video recording with Hi-Res Audio
  • Modes: Auto-HDR, Panorama, Pro-mode, Hyperlapse, Zoe capture

I have taken some great pictures with my HTC 10 and need to make sure my camera lens is not obstructed or scratched from laying it down. Spigen also protects the front display from scratches when laying it down flat by the way the case is designed....

Anti-stretch TPU.PNG

One thing that cannot be overlooked is the material used to make the case. I went with a generic case for my HTC One A9 and the TPU is beginning to fail. The TPU on my HTC 10 from Spigen is so much better. Spigen has an anti-stretch TPU used to cover the sides and back of the HTC 10 covered with a hard PC backing. The TPU on my A9 corners will easily slide off and not well protected compared to my Spigen Slim Armor on my 10. The corners need protection from accidental drops and I have dropped my phone a time or two getting out of the truck. There is nothing like that feeling and pause of....did my screen break when my A9 fell out of the truck with no Spigen case on it.

For all of these reasons and more, I recommend the Spigen Slim Armor case to my friends and family all the time. I personally love the case and have found it one of the best out there and does not add bulk to the phone... Spending $29.99 on a case is a lot better than $200 for a new screen!

Looking for more information on the HTC 10, please visit HTC 10 or stop by a Sprint store to check the HTC 10 and check out the HTC 10 Spigen Slim Armor case here.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee. htc10 htc

5 Comments

Hey again, everyone!

The HTC 10 is a beautiful device.  It deserves to be protected by a case that will keep it looking beautiful. I know, I know, you’re probably thinking that a case will keep it covered up and the beauty won’t be able to show.  I get that, but there are numerous case options available that will help you protect your device and show it off!  I chose a case that does cover up the beauty of the device; however, the case does not really detract from how nice the device is as a whole.

I was the lucky recipient of a Spigen Gold Slim Armor case to protect my HTC 10.  I am normally not a huge fan of cases that are overly protective because they typically add bulk to the device.  However, the Spigen Slim Armor is minimalistic and provides significant protection to my HTC 10.  Plus, the gold color adds a nice touch to the device.

Here is by breakdown of pros and cons of the Spigen Slim Armor.  It’s important to note now that one of my cons is a consistent con across numerous case designs and one that I wish designers and manufacturers would take into account.  However, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad case, just that it has room for improvement.

Pros:  

• Lightweight 
  • Aesthetically pleasing 
  • Provides great grip when holding device 
  • DURABLE! 
  • Inexpensive 
  • Included kickstand for watching videos

Cons: 

• Headset jack opening does not accommodate for larger 3.5mm headphone connections 
    • See my LG G5 blog for details on that as well.  This is a consistent issue with numerous case designs 
  • Power and volume keys are flush and are difficult to use without looking

Clearly the pros outweigh the cons of the case.  However, I did want to talk about the buttons for a minute.  HTC put in some extra design work on the power and volume keys for the HTC 10.  Additionally, the buttons are traditionally easy to differentiate when there is no case. However, with the Spigen Slim Armor, it is difficult to know exactly which button is being pressed at any given time without looking at the buttons at the same time.  I found myself turning my volume down when I needed it up or turning the screen on and off when I was trying to turn the volume up.  I wish that Spigen would have elevated the buttons slightly to allow the user to know exactly which buttons were being pressed. If not elevated, it would have been nice to have a palpable indicator on the buttons.  There exists some engraved icons/letters, but they’re difficult to feel out.

Out of the pros, the durable nature of the case is a significant selling point for me.  I have dropped my HTC 10 at least 25 times in the last six weeks. I am clumsy by nature, so I need a case to help protect my inability to walk or hold more than zero items at a time.  The Spigen Slim Armor really save the day on numerous occasions.  I would watch my phone fall from a 3 – 10 foot drop and anticipate the screen or something being broken, only to find that the Slim Armor protected every square inch of the device from harm. It’s like bubble wrap, but better!  I have some visible scratches and dings on my case, but luckily these are not on my phone at all! The elevated edges around the front of the display help cushion the screen from falls, providing an extra layer of protection.    

The verdict 

You can’t go wrong with getting a case.  Phone prices continue to rise and it is also getting more expensive to repair or replace them.  Therefore, a case is a very inexpensive investment to ensuring your device is protected from drops and falls. I am happy with this case, even though a few minor design issues exist. If I were to rate the case, I’d give it 4/5.   

I highly recommend this case, even with its minor shortcomings.  Anything that protects your phone as much as this phone does is worth the investment!

As always, thank you for reading.  Comment below with your experiences with a Spigen or other case.  How many times have you dropped your phone and have been thankful you had a case?  Or, how many times have you dropped you phone and wished you had a case?

Here are some photos of the Slim Armor on my HTC 10:

SAM_5870.JPGSAM_5873.JPGSAM_5875.JPGSAM_5876.JPGSAM_5877.JPGSAM_5878.JPGSAM_5879.JPGSAM_5881.JPGSAM_5883.JPGSAM_5885.JPG

Until next time!

~ Troy

- The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Author’s Note:  The use of trademarks or copyrighted names are for reference only. The content in this post is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the owners of said copyrights or trademarks.

0 Comments

Hey again, everyone!

(If images appear compressed on a computer screen, click the image to enlarge.  If images appear compressed on mobile, long press the image and select to open in new tab/window to enlarge) 

I am a huge fan of being able to change my device on a whim.  I like the ability to make it look and feel different as often as I choose to because I get bored with the same ol’ thing all the time.  That’s one reason why I use IFTTT to automatically change my background image on my phone randomly throughout the day.  However, there is another option that HTC provides that also gives the personalization effect to the HTC 10.

HTC Themes 

The HTC 10 comes pre-loaded with HTC’s Theme Shop to create and download custome themes to change the way the device looks and feels. Themes are provided by HTC or from individual contributions.  You can also create your very own theme for others if you choose.  

HTC themes provide a visual change to the device.  Some themes change sounds and text, where others might only change text and background. Reading through the available themes will give you the information you’re looking for.  I prefer to use themes that change up everything because it makes it feel like a new phone again. The only downside to this is retraining my ears and brain for each new notification sound I receive as a result of the theme change if the theme contains new sound profiles.

How to access  

You can access HTC themes simply by navigating to settings and scrolling to the “Personal” heading and tapping on Personalize. 

Settings.png

Once you’ve tapped on this, you’ll be taken to other personalization options in the device. If you haven’t spent any time in this area of the phone, you may find it helpful for providing various customizations to meet your tastes.  From this screen, simply tap change theme to be taken to the HTC Theme Store. 

Screenshot_20160801-144303.png

You are then presented with the themes provided by HTC, but you can open the left-hand tray to different themes from other people in the ‘Recommended’ section, or you can create your own under ‘My Designs.’ I like to download themes from other people because they’re usually a bit different from the standard HTC themes.  As you can see, there are few different options first shown, but you can find additional by searching or by navigating through the store.  

Screenshot_20160801-144319.pngScreenshot_20160801-144329.pngScreenshot_20160801-144459.png

Once you’ve found one like, just tap the download button.  Once downloaded, you’ll need to click Apply for it to apply to the device.  It will take a few seconds to fully apply to the device.  

Screenshot_20160801-151611.pngScreenshot_20160801-151650.png

Once it’s applied, you can view the various changes throughout the device, such as with backgrounds, font, and other color schemes.   

Screenshot_20160801-151715.pngScreenshot_20160801-151732.png

The HTC 10 is a feature-packed device, and the ability to change themes on a whim make it a great device for people like me who get bored looking at the same colors and icons.  Since HTC allows users to create their own themes, it makes personalization that much better!

As always, thank you for reading. 

Until next time!

~ Troy

Author’s Note:  The use of trademarks or copyrighted names are for reference only.  The content in this post is not sponsored, nor endorsed, by the owners of said copyrights or trademarks.

0 Comments

HTC 10 - Final Thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC 10 Carbon Gray smartphones

I have been using the HTC 10 for over a month. I love the look and feel of the HTC 10. It feels very solid and sturdy like it can take a drop or two though I don't recommend it. Always protect your merchandise. I use the Spigen Slim Armor and it works great.  The added size of the case does not take away from the true device design. If for some reason you have the UH-OH moment HTC has you covered with the UH-OH protection which offers a One-time replacement offer valid within first 12 months of ownership. Visit HTC UH OH™ Protection | HTC United States for further details.

HTC 10 - Protection to count on - Sprint Product Ambassador

m10_sa_title_silver_grande.jpg

One of the many changes HTC did was their choice of applications to include in the device. I prefer stock android and I like how HTC has embraced what Google is and has removed their own apps for preference of using Googles own application. Mail, Calendar and Photos all are Googles. Though if you don't like stock and want other choices this is android and you have a plethora of choices to choose from in the Playstore. Along with the stock application embracing HTC even modified their camera application to make it even more simplistic by design. I am by no means a camera specialist but I can honestly say the use of this camera has been a pleasure as I felt no intimidation in using it. I never went in and modified any of the features but if you are a Pro you can definitely tweak the features to make this device and picture even better. One of the NEW features is the image stabilization they added to the front facing camera. So if you are an avid selfie taker this feature will help improve your shots so instead of multiple shots you can take that one perfect one.

Even though I am very stock style person I was really feeling the 2 application that HTC decided to move forward with. One being the embedded keyboard by TouchPal. I actually enjoyed the added Emojis and features this keyboard has to offer. Though I still get the oops text sent with the wrong auto corrected word but it is a learning feature that TouchPal can be forgiven for. Until the application starts to learn my style after which it's proven to be a worthy keyboard for daily use. As always these features can all be disabled through their settings section. The second application I have come to use is the Boost+ application. While the many embedded features are already available directly on the phone it adds them to one easy to use location. Ultimately the best feature of this application is the ability to add additional security to your device for access and using applications. Add an additional layer of protection for accessing sensitive information like email and text. While someone uses your phone they can't access anything without knowing the password.

TouchPal.png Screenshot_20160710-122656.png

HTC 10 - Boost The Device - Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC 10 - Onscreen Keyboard - Sprint Product Ambassador

As an average to heavy user I would give this battery a A+ rating. Through my testing I have found the battery to be true to its 2 day promise when utilizing minimum usage and features. Overall I am able to get through the day with a single charge. But for extreme users rest assured to know with the charger you are able to fill up to 50% battery use within 30 minutes of charging.  Love the new quick chargers. They make using devices and charging even better. No longer are the days having to wait hours to get enough charge to use your phone again. Rest assured if you end up in a tough situation turn on extreme power save mode to extend you battery to the furthest it can while still have minimum operations available.

HTC 10 - Battery Usage - Sprint Product Ambassador

The HTC 10 is a well thought out device that has great character and provides a sense of fulfillment to an overall device. I recommend if in the market

for a device head into the Sprint Store and check it out as you will be pleasantly pleased.

Enjoy and remember never use your phone or tablet while driving, be safe and healthy

Disclaimer:

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

In the mobile tech wars between the multiple competing OEM’s, features and improvements have gradually shrunk in terms of their impact and the overall change to the user experience.  Certainly with regards to improving features that have long been a part of mobile phone technology, it’s been more difficult to really differentiate certain features much more. 

However…

HTC’s BoomSound is the exception.  There are times when you see, or feel, or hear a significant difference on newly released devices that truly stands out.  For me, BoomSound has been a differentiator.  I’ve had the opportunity to use other flagship devices that have been released this spring and summer, and when I put on my headphones to listen to music for the first time on the HTC 10, I actually stopped in my tracks and said out loud, “Wow.  That sounds WAY better than the others…”

Now… some would say that’s because I was using the Harman Kardon NC buds, and quite honestly I think that has a lot to do with it.  HTC’s BoomSound with Dolby Audio is designed to not only enhance high and low tones, but also works extraordinarily well to complement high end cabled headphones and speakers.   There are options to use three different types of HTC headsets, as well as the “Other” option for headsets or speakers that don’t fit the HTC earbuds, HTC in-ear, and HTC Pro Studio options. 

I have been using the HTC in-ear option with the HK buds.  I feel like the music really lit up, and even more so when I used the powered Noise Cancellation feature on my headset.  I have even tried tinkering with different sound features on Spotify, YouTube, Tune-In, and other media players on the device, and for every single app, the performance has been extraordinary.  In my humble opinion, the audio performance for the HTC 10 is the best out of the 3 recently released flagship Android devices.

I should also take this opportunity to talk a bit about HTC accessories.  I was able to use a set of HTC earbuds that came with another device a few generations back.  Unfortunately, after one of my workouts, I left the earbuds in my pocket, and they went through a full cycle in the wash that included a 30 minute pre-soak and then a double rinse cycle.  That was a month ago, but the earbuds still work today.  I don’t recommend washing them or immersing them in water.  As a matter of fact, my advice is that you should NOT get them wet.  However, I think it’s a testament to the build quality of HTC’s hardware and accessories, and in the context of this blog, their AUDIO accessories that a set of earbuds did NOT fail after being fully washed.

Since HTC initially released the HTC One with HK audio tuning, I think they’ve continually worked to balance cost with performance.  I feel like with the HTC 10, they hit the nail on the head and have built an extraordinary device for music and media enjoyment.  I also HIGHLY recommend complementing your HTC 10 with a set of Earbuds, In-Ear headphones, or Pro Studio headsets.  If you love music and high quality audio, you will be doing yourself a favor by picking up a set of good headphones to use with the HTC 10.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Since the birth of the HTC M7 we have enjoyed the dynamic sound that the HTC has been provided. For the HTC 10 it is of no exception.

When you plug an external speaker or headphone into the headphone jack, you will be prompted with a notification that HTC Boom Sound with Dolby Stereo or you can access the menu entry in the control settings:     

Screenshot_20160801-090147.png

Tap this HTC Boom sound you will get to the menu where you can set up your own sound profile:

Screenshot_20160801-090214.png

If you have not set up any profile, the system will prompt you to set one up.  The wizard can set up one for you according to the type of music and/or your age, or you can be as specific in going through the whole menu adjusting the sound to your hearing ability.

Try it for yourself. I went through and set up the sound profile 2 above on my Honda Odyssey 2000. I can tell you that my minivan now sounds better than I ever had it before.

Enjoy the boom boom sound with your HTC 10.

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 10.55.13.png

My experience this past weekend was a pleasant one. I traveled to Mexico City  and really got a lot of time to tinker with the HTC 10. When I landed in Mexico City I was received a text within a few minutes advising that I have unlimited calls and sms with one gigabyte of high speed data. I was really impressed with how painless this process was. My HTC 10 attached to the local provider right away after turning off airplane mode.

I was absolutely amazed by how painless the whole process of enabling open world on my account. I was able to log into sprint.com and change from the default international roaming plan to “Open World”. Coverage and data was great from the local carrier in Mexico City. I didn’t have a single drop call or sms issues.

This has to be one of the best values in wireless that’s completely free with no strings attached. Consumers that travel internationally frequently between the “open world” countries will have to consider Sprint their number one choice. Other carriers will charge a fortune just for calls and sms, not even including data. The countries included in this plan are provided below. While in Mexico City don’t expect to connect to LTE, I was on 3g the entire time but it was more than usable. I watched a few youtube videos and browsed the web with ease. I was conscious of not going over my data limit. I used my phone similarly when I was in the states and I used less than 500 mb. The only thing I would recommend when traveling if you’re a big media consumer is to download as much audio and video as you can to conserve data when you need it. Having any kind of limit really shows how great to be a Sprint customer is when we are very fortunate to have unlimited data!

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 10.55.54.png

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee#

0 Comments

Rapid Charger 3.0 Included with HTC 10 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

So, one thing you’ll be happy to know is your HTC 10 comes standard with the new HTC Rapid Charger 3.0.  This means right out of the box you’ll have everything you’ll need to go from 0-50% charge just a trivial amount of minutes. Although official specs state “up to 50% in 30 mins”, I’ll say that’s kinda vague.  I’ve seen actual performance vary a little bit (sometimes for the better).  So how fast is it (and what can I expect)?  Well, I honestly haven’t sat there eye-balling things extra closely but I will say by the time I think to look, my phone is already fully charged.  The performance well exceeded my expectations. Most practical examples involve the later hour of my work day and a full charge when I leave for home.  What more can I ask for?  I love it. Not previously possible with any of former phones, the HTC10 gives me the edge to balance my work day and my night life without the worry of dying half way through the evening.

1.jpg

This is now possible with the HTC 10 integrating the Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 technology. By definition, the included adaptor is looks to be a Class A charger and that is more than adequate.   The way the rapid charger differs from your normal “wall-wart” adaptor is not as much in appearance but voltage.  Most late model smartphones will output only 5VDC at a peak of 2 Amps.  The HTC Rapid Charger does things differently.  Along with the 5VDC (at 2.5Amps), you’ll see drops for 9VDC (1.7Amps) and 12VDC (1.25Amps). The smartphone regulates these voltages as needed to reach a peak charge earlier. Kinda making it a mini switching power supply of sorts.

2.jpg

The only drawback to this is eventually retiring many of your micro USB cables.  It should be known, your HTC10 now requires a Type-C cable.  Now don’t be swayed by this.  USB-C is needed by practically all the new flagship phones at the moment.  It’s just something you’ll need to deal with going forward.  My advice is keep an eye out for deals and buy a few extra USB-C cables as spares.  I’ve gotten a few extras and all seem to work fine with this Rapid Changer.

Ah technology… better batteries, and better chargers for the batteries we do have.

Need an extra adaptor? Well first party (HTC made) adaptors are available right from HTC and many other (said to be compatible) 3rd party adaptors are also available.   I will say, be careful choosing though as all will change (to some capacity), but not all will register (and push power) to the HTC10 in Rapid Charging mode.  If ever in doubt, go with the real HTC TC P5000 adaptor.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

0 Comments

htc 10 silver.png

bettersound_htcconnect.20cb36b4.png

One of the features I use often on my HTC 10 is HTC Connect. HTC Connects provides high-quality wireless audio, video and photo streaming through the HTC 10 to electronics around your home and car. On the HTC 10, HTC has made mirroring your phone to your TV even easier with Media Gesture setting and HTC Connect.

HTC Media Gesture.PNG

Media gesture has to be turned on to take advantage of sliding 3 fingers on your screen to activate HTC Connect. This feature is easy to turn on if it is not already....

Enable Media Gesture:

1. Go to Settings
    2. Select Display, gestures & buttons
    3. Scroll down to Gestures
    4. Place a check by Media Gesture if not already checked

After validating Media Gesture is checked, swipe 3 fingers up from the bottom of the screen. HTC Connect will load showing the device that are able to connect with. The first time activating HTC Connect on HTC 10 will ask to allow to the phone 3 times. I allowed all to prevent any problems for streaming movies and games on my TV. Once permissions are allowed, select a device to connect with and follow any prompts on the connected device to complete the connection. My TV prompted a Yes & No option to allow my HTC 10 to connect. I use HTC Connect for streaming videos, playing games and reviewing pictures on the phone with my family and friends.

HTC Connect Settings.PNG

HTC 10 offers an option through settings to turn on HTC Connect if the gesture option is not turned on. The same permission approvals are needed when HTC Connect is accessed the first time along with the selection process of connecting with another electronic device. Once connected, everything that is seen on your phone is shared on the TV if that is what is selected

Candy Crush.PNG

One of the games I play is Candy Crush and my daughters like to watch me play it. Sometimes it's a little crowded and hard to play when one is on each side leaning over watching... so I found it easier to use HTC Connect to display the game on our TV for all to watch.... I have to admit I do like playing the game on a larger screen myself.

Transformers.PNG

Google Play Movie & TV is a must have app for my HTC 10 and it is preloaded. The app provides free TV movies and TV shows from time to time along with other online promotions for free movies on here. Living in the country with no cable provider is another reason I use HTC Connect. I am able to stream movies from Google Play Movie & TV to my TV from my HTC 10. There is a large selection of movies to select from although I have my favorites... Transformers is one of them.

For more information on the HTC 10, please visit HTC 10 or stop by a Sprint store to check the HTC 10 other Gesture options available.

Thanks,

Blue

0 Comments

After my previous blog on how to use the HTC10 to take a close up or portrait photo.

I experimented a little more on the camera pro control and I have to say I am very impressed.

So if you open the camera and tap the option bar on the camera screen (the two parallel bars =):

Screenshot_20160726-191040.png

You can tap the "Pro" icon:

Screenshot_20160728-174235.png

If you tap any of the symbol in the orange box, you will see a slider control for each function. By default they are set to "Auto" (red A on top). If you tap one of these controls, the slide bar will be hiding and will be in whatever setting you left it at.

Here you have full control of the phone camera just like a Pro SLR.

From Left to Right you have White Balance, Exposure, ISO, Speed, and F-stop/Aperture controls.

This is not a tutorial on how to control a camera, but I think two of the controls that you want to use is the Speed and the F-stop control.

The Speed is how fast you want the camera to snap an action.  For most of you who wants to take photo of your child or children in action of a soccer or baseball game, you may want to touch the slider to set the speed at say 1/250s or 1/640s, this will enable you to catch a sharp action shot (I?d bet if you have used other phone cameras, you may have found the same shot came out blurry).

Screenshot_20160728-174334.png

The F-stop/Aperture control slider (far right control) is for close up/portrait or landscape photo (see my previous blog: "HTC 10 camera close up photo like a pro").

The "Exposure" control (second from left) is for you to control how much additional or less light you want the photo to be.  If you take a photo of something against a bright background (like the sky), you may want to set the exposure at +1.0 or maybe a little more.  This will allow brightening the subject that you are taking the photo.

It is always wise to tap the "A" to bring back the camera to auto mode.

From now on, I leave my HTC camera in ?Pro? mode so I have full control of the camera settings.  It is so cool!

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

https://i2.wp.com/pressinsiderdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/414Xh7qIfKL.jpg?resize=498%2C402&ssl=1

(Photos taken from google images)

Personally I see much more pros to this device than I do cons.  I really like the build quality and powerful processor.  The camera as I have stated in previous blogs is finally on par with the leading cameras Samsung produces.  The battery as far surpassed my expectations and lasting upwards of 12 hours a day on moderate usage.  The one con that is glaring to me is the lack of waterproofing.  With what it seems that most devices are moving towards HTC has yet to adapt.

https://i2.wp.com/pressinsiderdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HTC-10-Design.jpg?w=1000&ssl=1

I think this devices design has been top notch.  They have found a winning recipe and like the saying goes "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".  It has some weight to it but let's be honest who doesn't want their phone to have some weight.  If my phone weighed 2 ounces I would probably have thrown it 15 times or dropped it a ton.  I like having all the buttons on one side of the phone freeing up the other side.  This makes it easier to place the phone in a holder in my car.

https://i0.wp.com/pressinsiderdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/HTC-10-camera.jpg?w=1000&ssl=1

I cannot tout how much I love this camera.  HTC stepping it up with a 12 MP camera should make the public very happy.  Throwing in features like Optical Image Stabilization and their great ability to capture low light pictures with ease makes this an easy winner in the hall of fame of cameras.  If you want to see some pictures I took you can review my picture blog here.

Lastly, I love the battery life.  You can read how I stressed the battery on my vacation last week here.  I could not be happier with this battery.  When you have a uni body phone and no ability to remove the battery to replace you get a little worried.  The HTC 10 takes all your worries away with the ability to last a full day with no problem.

If you like what I have mentioned in this blog then the HTC 10 is definitely for you.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Last week I was blogging about the exposure control feature of the HTC10 Camera, then I discovered more features on the camera.  One of the features that I have been looking at a phone camera is the ability to control the aperture to take close up photos like flowers, portraits etc.

HTC 10 is the first phone that I found this feature.  I went through the following step.

In camera mode, if you tap the option bar:

Screenshot_20160726-191040.png 

Select "Pro" mode:

Screenshot_20160726-191132.png

In the control that I circled red above, if you drag the slider then you virtually control the F-stop. In the above screenshot, it is set at "Auto", if you drag down you actually lower the F-stop.

Screenshot_20160726-191142.png

I dragged the slider all the way down, I think it is equivalent to have the aperture at its widest setting.

I took a close up photo as below:

IMAG0086.jpg

And here is the same object with the normal auto setting:

IMAG0088.jpg

You can see a vast difference in the background of the photo.  Unfortunately, HTC10 does not display the aperture info in the EXIF data of the photo.  I think this is done via software rather than actual controlling the aperture of the lens?

It is a very useful feature indeed.  I will use it a lot more. Like I said it is the first phone that I have which has this feature.

I will play more with the camera features and will report if I see more options.

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

http://i0.wp.com/cdn.bgr.com/2016/04/bgr-htc-10-3.jpg?w=952&quality=98&strip=all

(Picture taken from BGR)

First and foremost is the battery life.  I recently returned from a week long vacation in Washington DC.  Now, I have 4 kids so when we leave the hotel we are out for the day.  If we came back to the hotel we would never get our kids to leave.  I need a phone that can go and keep up with my kids as well as me.  For instance a typical day on vacation would be leaving at 9-10 am.  Walking around looking at everything until around 1 for lunch.  While eating my 6 y/o would play games on my phone to keep him occupied.  While walking my daughter would play Pokemon go.  Not to mention all the pictures that are needed.  So when I get back to my hotel with 15 percent battery I would definitely say that it was successful day.  Then plug it into the quick charger and we are ready in an hour for dinner trip.  I cannot tell you how much the battery life means to me and my daily routine.  I was glad I could fully stress test it on vacation.

Secondly has to be the camera.  I have owned previous versions and have to be honest I have always felt that Samsung has ruled the camera industry on phones.  Until now!  This camera rocks and provides the most comparable pictures to popular Samsung phones.  You can check the pictures I have posted on my previous blog Sprint Product Ambassador: HTC 10 Pictures

Finally has to be the software in the HTC 10.  Like the camera this has to be an area HTC has made great strides in improving from past flagships.  HTC continues to provide a striped down version of android and removes more and more unneeded bloatware.  Unlike Samsung they have opted to remove their apps in favor of a Google heavy app drawer.  Letting apps like calendar and email shine.

I hope you can agree with the features I love!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Picture1.pngIf you are like me and hardly use a computer to do anything anymore because of our mobile phones and tablets that are just easily accessible and mobile you will love Zoe. I am not talking about a person when it comes to Zoe, but a video editor that HTC has designed. Zoe Video Editor has been on the Google Play Store for some time and is a great tool to make amazing looking videos and transitions all from your mobile device.

HTC Zoe gives individuals the ability to shoot high-res pictures that will come to “life” with HTC’s self-built transitions and motion gallery effects. You now have the ability to create beautiful running videos that express you and your photos from your day to day life. Zoe helps to make amazing short videos that express yourself, your style, and your shots all in one simple and automated way. Zoe is an amazing creator that helps your share your photos in a professional quality way while at its core making each video unique for you. It does all of this with inserting audio and themes into your pictures or videos and then creating a short snippet of that content to share to whomever! This is great for friends, family, or social media.

If you are a social media junkie and love to sport those photos of your latest vacations or want to be the envious friend with all of the cool videos of your photos and how they are shared, Zoe is for you! This one application will help to create beautiful short videos with lively sounds, themes, transitions, and effects to wow your friends and family. All while at the same time sharing your fondest memories and allowing you to look back on them in a new perspective. So don’t be boring be mobile and be unique with Zoe and its incredible features it offers all from your small device!

0 Comments

HTC Eye Experience is a story all on its own. You are the story, it is your story, and everyone’s eye is on you! With HTC Eye Experience you can easily share, create, and show off more than you ever have before. Share your videos on your new HTC 10 with enhanced video calls and HTC 10’s Face Tracking technology while at the same time create selfie effects that allow you to edit all of your own images on the fly, even take selfies with voice commands!

HTC 10 allows its users to take selfies by simply raising your phone, smiling, and snapping a picture or video shot using your voice. You simply smile, stay still, say “capture” or “say cheese” to take pictures with your voice. Or want a video without touching your screen just say “action” your phones selfie camera will take a selfie video all without having to touch a single thing. This is something that I have struggled with when taking selfies of my friends and I. I sometimes feel like I am going to drop the phone when trying to hold the device, get my hand out of the shot of the camera, and then press the button all without shaking the phone too much to have a clear picture. With HTC Eye Experience this takes all of those steps out and makes them easier than ever.

Do you do a lot of video chats with your friends? If so Experience a better video chat session with HTC’s Face Tracking system built right in. If you are with a group of people that are also doing a video chat session each person’s face will be tracked and show up as a grid on the phone rather than a long angled shot, this helps to make for a better personal experience when completing video calls. Do you have a family member that just got the new HTC 10 but doesn’t know how to use it, that is okay with HTC’s Video Chat you can display and show off your phones screen to teach and show others how to do something on their device or how you do things on yours. This is great for all of us and our mothers! I love you mom!

Split Capture allows its users to use both the front and back camera to capture video and photos all at the same time. This is great for individuals filming both themselves and the scene in front of them with a personal commentary all in one shot.

Live Makeup and Photo Booth help you to get your selfie game on! These features allow its users to create flawless photos of themselves and even have the throwback Photo Booth style vintage shots all from your device. If you haven’t checked out the selfie camera on the HTC 10 you are in for a treat when you do! The OIS Face Tracking camera has truly made an impact on my selfie game and it will do the same for yours!

0 Comments

img_1899.jpgCases are essential to my life; I never have a device without having a case on it. As much as I like the feeling of the beautifully designed phone in my hand, I can’t sacrifice the protection I crave in a case. Like most people, when it comes to a case I want the minimalist cover I can get. I do not drop my phone often (knock on wood) and don’t so much need a case that protects my phone from drops as much as need a case that protects from dings and scratches.img_1897.jpg

When I saw the Spigen HTC 10 Air Cushion Crystal Shell case it was love at first sight! It had the simplicity and minimalist design I was looking for in a case with a clear look that helped to display my beautiful new HTC 10. This case truly looks as thin as advertised and feels even better. The case itself has a great slick feel but some texture to give the case enough grip to hold on to at all times while at the same time displaying the simplicity and beauty of my device in its core.

This is not my first and most certainty will not be my last Spigen case. The Drop-Tested Military Grade Air Cushion Technology that Spigen has developed is truly unique and works. I have done several test drops with the case attached to my phone on many different surfaces, from the simple drop on a counter, to the asphalt outside and this case holds up.

img_1900.jpgI have used other clear cases in the past and one thing I have hated with them is scratches. Any of my old clear cases would get scratched from normal wear and tear and the scratches were very easily seen on the outside of the case. The quality and texture that the Spigen case houses makes for one that does not easily scratch. I even tested it with my keys and the case just wipes off and looks good as new.

If you are in the market for a great looking case to show off your brand new phone in, this would be the one! I suggest this case to anyone, even the individuals that drop their phone on a daily basis! If you haven’t checked out Spigen yet I highly recommend them to be a top choice on your list when looking at new cases.

0 Comments

Picture1.png

With HTC’s new flagship phone the HTC 10 Themes have been the talk of the town. If you have a newer Android phone you know all too well about the

Themes options on your device, HTC has taken that step a little further with their own way to create, manage, and bookmark the themes you love, want, or

have made yourself.

HTC has taken the literal effect of changing everything on your phone with their Themes. You don’t like the font? Change it, don’t like the icons but love the theme of the phone? Change it! This new feature makes having an Android phone even better because you can literally change everything you want on your device to make it as personal as possible! This has been an option for many Windows computer or Apple Mac users in the past to change icons, fonts, and backgrounds for a while, but phones really haven’t had the option to do so without downloading apps or other software on the device.

Picture2.png

HTC has hit the ball out of the park with this feature because there is just so many customization options. This phone will truly be yours, no one else can have the same thing!

This makes for a great advantage to other Android providers and will help to build better customer uniqueness.

The themes, stickers, icons, and fonts all make the device feel different each time you change it. If you are someone that goes through cases because you can’t just decide which looks the best, change your theme! Your phone will feel different, look different, and even make things seem different.

The stickers option allows users to place sticker type widgets on the home screen that blend into the background but when clicked take you to a designated app. This is a really neat feature as it appears the phone has no icons just backgrounds but in truth each takes you to where you want to be all while appearing like a beautiful focal point on your screen.

If you haven’t checked out the Themes section of the new HTC 10, you are missing out! This is a really neat feature that adds to the even better phone that HTC has created this year and makes you feel like a kid again with all the fun you can have by changing each and everything you have on your phone!

0 Comments

The old BoomSound you might remember from previous HTC devices have left the building but that doesn’t mean you won’t find it on HTC’s new flagship device in a new and improved way! The new HTC 10 has a great feature built into the phone and changes how we all listen to our phones sound through our connected headphones. If you are like me and still listen to your phones audio though connected headphones because they are just easier than having to remember to charge those Bluetooth ones, you will love HTC’s new feature.

When I first heard about HTC’s claims of their new and improved headphone audio I was a bit skeptical. I have always gone into a phone and changed the equalizer to make sounds perform better on phones so I wasn’t really interested too much in the way HTC had proclaimed their changes would be, but boy was I wrong. The HTC 10 is equipped with a 24-bit DAC and amp which helps this process of delivering some amazing sound. Basically this tech jargon means that the phone itself has its own dedicated and stand-alone DAC and headphone amp rather than using the one that is provided by the processor. This helps to reduce the amount of noise and crosstalk that other devices may inquire when listening to music though the headphones. Having its own dedicated DAC and amp ensure there is no noise coming from other circuits within the phone and delivers true and untouched sound better than any other device I have seen.

Seriously, this device’s sound quality through my normal and subpar headphones compare to higher end headphones with even better performance. The highs sound high and the lows sound low. It is truly hard to describe how great the sound is without you testing it for yourself but take my word on this, the sound is amazing! I have many favorite songs like most people but when I listen to the quality that this phone delivers while using it there is no comparison anywhere else. The true sound you get of the artist, the instruments, and tempo truly captivate you and draw you into the music like nothing I have seen before.

When you first attempt to listen to music with the phone and headphones, HTC walks you through a few questions to ask what type of music you listen to, what volumes you listen to the music at, and your age. These specific questions help to narrow the gap of sound and frequency that the phone needs to output depending on your tastes. Once that’s done you can truly appreciate the sounds and music as the artist intended it to be!

If you are a music lover and still carry around those headphones in your pocket on your work commute or at the office, the HTC is the ultimate Android device to use for perfect sound quality. HTC has got it right with this thing and helping to manipulate the love of what makes the world go round, I will never listen to music the same again!

0 Comments

htc-10-logo.png

htc-10-global-glacier-silver-black-phone-listing.pngHigh Tech Computers make solid phones with great sound and miserable cameras; that is until the HTC 10.  The imaging sensor it has uses larger pixels than most phones, so you get both better low-light photos, but also more dynamic range in daylight photos.  The shape of the sensor is four by three, so you use more of the imaging circle.  It has a large aperture of f1.8 that lets in plenty of light.  It has full manual controls and can save RAW files.  It has optical image stabilization that really works well, but most importantly, it has a decent lens, which something I've never seen on a HTC device before.

I tend to ramble, so instead, I'll just post several shots taken with the HTC 10 and let them speak for themselves.IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0130-01.jpgIMAG0135-01.jpgIMAG0219.jpgIMAG0186.jpgPSX_20160704_182809.jpgPSX_20160704_183009.jpgIMAG0238.jpgIMAG0264.jpgPSX_20160704_185543.jpgPSX_20160705_182452.jpgPSX_20160709_124037.jpgI would like to note that this camera tends to overexpose most photos.  This was mitigated a little bit at first by using HDR, but it was still overexposing too much for my taste.  They released a firmware update to the phone which seems to really help this, especially in HDR mode, but it still is overexposing in standard mode.  If I'm not using HDR, I'm using manual controls to correctly set the exposure.

The white balance on this phone is pretty good, but I find that I do need to tweak it a bit in some kind of editor.

It does in fact shoot better in the dark than any smartphone I've ever used.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #

0 Comments

htc-10-logo.pnghtc-10-global-glacier-silver-black-phone-listing.pngThere has been an arms race over the past several years to pack more pixels into camera imaging sensors than your competitor.  The question is, do you really need more megapixels for good photos?  More photos are being taken every day than at any time in history, and the majority are being taken with smartphones.  Look at the data at Flickr.com; on any given day, the two most used cameras are either iPhones or Galaxies, followed by Canon and Nikon DSLRs.  So, what are all these photos being used for?

In the old days, you printed almost every photo you took unless you used slide film, but you still got something physical back.  Of course, you still have the option of physical prints, but that makes up a really tiny percentage of all the photos taken these days.  Most photos are viewed on phones, tablets and maybe computers, either shared directly or via a social networking app.  Most, (not all), laptops have a screen resolution of about one and half megapixels, and a really high resolution phone with quad HD, like the HTC 10 or LG G5 have a screen resolution of around three and a half megapixels.  Yes, the camera on the HTC 10 is 12 megapixels, but you can never see all of that detail and all of the photo on the screen at once.  That extra detail would come in handy if you were going to make a really giant print, or if you need to crop it like crazy, but generally speaking, most people don't ever need more than a five megapixel camera for what they are using their camera for.  As an example, all the photos uploaded to this page for these blogs have to be reduced to around two megapixels, but you can still see them on your phone or computer just fine.  My point is that while many phones out there today have 16 megapixel cameras or even higher, that extra resolution isn't generally helping you in any way.PSX_20160702_204846.jpg

Consider the HTC 10; it has a 12 megapixel camera, which might sound a bit low compared to other phones these days, but there is a very good reason for reducing the resolution.  You see, in order to cram more pixels on a sensor, you have to make the pixels smaller, which causes two unfortunate side effects.  First of all, a physically smaller pixel gathers less light, and photography at its core is only about light.  Second, in order for a smaller sensor to gather enough light, it either needs more voltage applied to it or it needs to stay powered on longer, both of which cause sensor noise.  Both of these problems are mitigated with the HTC 10.IMAG0092small.jpg

The pixels on the HTC 10 are larger, so they gather light more efficiently and with less noise.  Not only that, low light photos have a bit more detail and better color accuracy than those taken with higher megapixel cameras.

Another feature I appreciate about the HTC 10 is that it uses a native crop factor of four by three.  This is a professional format used by painters and photographers and can allow for really balanced compositions.  You can still shoot at sixteen by nine or even a square format, but you are reducing the resolution to do this, but that's not really a big deal in the real world.

PSX_20160703_094642small.jpg

0 Comments

How many times have you taken a photo using your cell phone and the subject is dark because of a bright background?

Some phone cameras does have a feature that if you tap on the area of the subject that you want to focus then the camera would increase its exposure and make the subject a little brighter.  For example, if I am taking a phot of a person standing with a bright background, the person?s face would be pretty dark; I would then tap on the person?s face then the camera would increase the exposure setting to make the face brighter.

The HTC 10 goes one step further, it gives you the ability to control the exposure level for the subject.  If you tap on the subject area that you want to control the exposure you get a circle (indicate the interested subject area) and a control slider beside it:

20160725_163154.jpg

You can slide along that slider to control the subject brightness.

In the samples below, I took a photo of our hanger against a bright background.  The initial shot is just an auto shot straight out of the camera:

IMAG0037.jpg

You can see the subject (the plants are pretty dark).  By tapping on the screen and dragged the exposure control upward, I had increased the brightness of the plant:

IMAG0038.jpg 

The above photos are given to you as an example on how to use the sliders.  Obviously, you can tweak the photos to your liking and enjoy your HTC10 camera.

So far, I really enjoy the camera quality.  The color is very natural, and may deserve another blog.

Bye for now.

Hung Bui

0 Comments

Today, we use our devices for nearly everything… calls, messages, streaming music, video, navigation, etc.  Battery life is a top priority.  HTC gets that, and they built in phenomenal battery life into the HTC 10.

I have been using the HTC 10 for a little over a month now, and can honestly say the battery life on the HTC 10 is the strongest I’ve had to date, and I’ve used a lot of devices over the years. The HTC 10 was engineered to provide up to two days of normal use for a battery. 

The HTC 10 has a new PowerBotics system, which enhances hardware and software efficiency, providing up to 30% longer battery life. It also comes with a Quick Charge 3.0 Rapid Charger. This can give you up to 50% charge in only 30 minutes, and the HTC 10 keeps cool while the battery is charging as well.

The included cable has changed to USB Type C. I recommend you use the cable and charger that comes with your device to yield maximum charging results. My favorite thing about USB Type C is that it is reversible.  It does not matter which side is inputted into the port (unlike the micro USB cable).

That being said, you might have a lot of old chargers around your house and in your car that work with micro USB.  You can buy a micro USB to Type C adapter, but it will slow the charging speed to charge your device.  I purchased a few micro USB to Type C tips, and use them with my car chargers. It was a convenient and affordable solution.  However, when I use the cable and charger provided, the charging speed increases significantly.

HTC has listed the following tips in their Q&A to ensure battery life:

• In the Settings app, go to Power > Battery usage or History to see the details of different apps' battery consumption patterns.
  • Use the Boost+ app to monitor if there are irregular activities on your phone that have been handled or you need to stop. This app also has a Game battery booster feature that optimizes system resources to save battery life without affecting your gaming experience.
  • When using accessories with a USB Type-C connection, make sure to unplug it from your phone when you are not using it. It will continue to use battery power when it's connected to your phone.
  • You can choose to turn on different battery-saving features on your phone, such as Power saver, Battery optimization, and Extreme power saver.
  • Recharge your phone's battery using the QualcommQuick Charge 3.0 enabled rapid charger that came in the box.

Screenshot_20160725-114809.png

My screenshot above is after several days of use without charging! I am extremely happy with the battery life on the HTC 10. It is noticeably better than all of my other devices.

If battery life is important to you, I suggest you look into buying the HTC 10, which is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #HTC10 #HTC

0 Comments

One of my favorite things to do when getting a new phone is customization. The standard image on device is fine, but wouldn’t you rather customize your device to reflect who you are, have some fun, and make it your own? If that sounds good, the HTC 10 is for you. 

The HTC 10 works with HTC Themes, which is an app and website dedicated to customizing your HTC. HTC Themes is accessible on your device via the “Themes” app, or in Settings > Personalization > Themes, as well as on their website… http://themes.htc.com.

Screenshot_20160725-091407.png

HTC Themes has Theme Maker to make your own themes, and Maker Pro which allows you to customize your device further and edit almost every detail of your phone.

Screenshot_20160725-091417.png

Screenshot_20160725-091423.png

Customizeable items in HTC Themes include:

Wallpaper

Choose images for the home screen, lock screen, all apps screen, and message background.

Screenshot_20160725-091538.png

Colors

Choose different accent colors.

Freestyle Layout Themes

Screenshot_20160725-091529.png

Icons

Change out your app icons (camera, messages, photos, facebook, mail, internet, etc.)

Screenshot_20160725-091545.png

Sounds

Choose different sounds for your ringtones, alarms, and notifications.

Screenshot_20160725-091553.png

Font

Choose from a selection of fonts for your HTC 10.

Screenshot_20160725-091600.png

HTC Themes is super simple to use, and a lot of fun to play with. Also, it is completely free! To use it, you need to sign in with either your HTC account, or Google/Facebook login. Then, you can bookmark and manage your themes. Another cool thing is that you can share your themes with others, as well as publish your themes. Published themes first need to be approved by HTC, however.

The theme I am currently using is called Pixel, which is some good 8 bit fun.

Screenshot_20160725-101641.png

Another fun one is Flat Cats...

Screenshot_20160725-092035.png

If you have an HTC 10, be sure to have some fun and play around with Themes. If you haven’t purchased your HTC 10 yet, it is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #HTC10 #HTC