cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar appointment times

Journeyman

Calendar appointment times

I see that any appointment I make on my desktop and then synchronized to my Outlook Calendar on my 8XT changes the times when the calendar event takes place during Daylight Savings time.  That is, if I make an appointment now for sometime in April, the time that shows up on my phone is an hour earlier than the time that shows up on my desktop.  It only happens based on the fact that my phone is currently in the standard time zone and these appointments will be taking place during daylight savings time.  Has anyone else heard of this?

2 REPLIES 2
Master

Re: Calendar appointment times

samueljkl,

I have to be honest this is a new one for me, but it does not mean that I will not be of assistance for you. I have heard of a time difference with the time displayed on the phone itself but not when sycing calendar events. Is this the first time that this is happening? And is it only for events taking place after day light savings time? Thank you for the opportunity to work with you.

*Jessica

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Re: Calendar appointment times

If you do an internet search on WP8 calendar times you'll find several WP8 discussions on it. When you make an appointment on the phone when in a different time zone and then return to the correct time zone the appointment time changes.  That's always been the case.  But the same thing now happens based on the DST time change.  That is, I have appointments that I have placed on my desktop outlook calendar after the time changes to DST (that is after the second weekend of March), and when they show up on my phone they are an hour earlier than they are supposed to be.  If I put an appointment on my phone for a period of time after DST begins they show up on my desktop an hour alter and will likely be at the wrong time once the phone changes to DST after the second weekend in March.  But if you do an internet search on the term wp8 calendar times you'll see the problem.  It may be a Microsoft issue but if Microsoft hears directly from Sprint maybe that will help them correct it.  Thanks.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat