cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally! Windows 8.1 Update

Highlighted
Master

Re: Finally! Windows 8.1 Update

jgeerwm - Have you taken the device into a Sprint repair store for assistance? - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, can you tell me how to remove or disable the preview for developers? I have it on my HTC 8XT but don't know how to do that. Thanks! I appreciate it!

Highlighted
Master

Sanyo_69 - We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing. Unfortunately, we have no troubleshooting steps available to help disabled the preview for developers. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for further assistance? - JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Go to the preview for developers app, uncheck box for preview, reboot. Reboot is not necessary, but never hurts.

Highlighted
Master

LVBLVR1 - Thanks for the feedback. - Robert
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm reluctant to do that since the people in the store have had so little knowledge of these phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I got the update notification on my phone about 4 days ago, but I'm reluctant to install the update. Has anyone had any issues with the upgrade to 8.1? Is battery life still as good? Is the phone slower with the update? Faster? Are there any/lots of bugs in the update? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've spoken with people at two sprint stores; one of them was the Sprint campus store in Overland Park, KS.  The associates were not able t help me out, but directed me to technical support (*2).  I contacted tech. support and the first associate told me to contact the manufacturer.  The associate's manager tried to push an update to my phone, but this only updated the network profile.

My firmware is at 3030.00.21501.651.  I would like to get the latest firmware of 3030.00.31005.651.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been checking for the update each day for the past week or so and haven't seen anything yet. Is it not available to all 8xt owners yet, or is it a problem with my particular device?

Highlighted
Master

jgeerwm,
Oh no! Have you tried using or downloading the Sprint Zone app to update the firmware on your device? - Dyan
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

The Sprint Zone app looks like it is for the iPhone and Android operating systems. No Windows yet.

Highlighted
Master

mdox,
We know how eager you are to have the latest update on your phone. Have you tried using or downloading the Sprint Zone app to push the update on the phone? - Dyan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat