cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

TheGorn is a moron, and obviously on his day off from his usual useless job as a SprintCare #%$^. Actually, I take that back...I could use a side job cutting and pasting useless suggestions all day long.

Highlighted
Master

jmj146 - Please private message us your phone number so we can see what we can do for you. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

jmj146 We are here to help you. Let us know when you are ready. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Already did!

Highlighted
Master

jmj146 - That's not how we want you to feel. We would love to assist you with any issues that you have. We do not have an official way to resolve the issue at the moment. I alerted the network team to verify that it is a reliable way to resolve this. - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Why do you bother? I replied via private messaging, haven't received a call. I already got the give me your information someone will call you routine after 3 hrs on the phone. All I got was someone that just dug their heels in more. "well sir, that's not a known issue with these phones. We can exchange your phone for another of the same model. That's all we can do."

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am waiting for your help, sent the private message 12 hrs ago. Please let me know when your ready to help.

Highlighted
Master

jmj146, I am unable to locate the private message. May you please send the message again? - Currie Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You must have gotten lucky because your solution does not work. As soon as I noticed I was having a problem I started deleting the images without trying to open them for about a week before I got the 8.1 update. Then to download the update I needed more space for the download so a deleted all of my threads, temporary files, and an app or two. But after the update as soon as I received a new picture message it started all over again. So deleting the messages and threads accomplishes nothing. What works is turning off the 4G which is bull. Like I said in my previous message, I will be getting a new phone soon and it won't be with sprint. Not because of issues like these, problems happen with all phones, but because of the fact that they do not sell windows phones anymore. I'll probably go with the HTC One (M8) or Lumia 1520.

Master

BenK921, We would hate to lose you as a valued Sprint customer. - Currie Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

TheGorn – AKA Chris: I did the same thing you did it still comes back.  I just want to put it out there that I too have an HTC 8XT phone in Florida and it does the same thing.  I cannot retrieve the media content on the new 4G LTE update.  If I try to open it by clicking on it this does not open and the next day it returns two (vs. the original one) and if I try opening the two then it will returns three and so on.  So it forces me to delete the media without clicking on it in the first place. By doing this, the media does not multiply or send any more media to your phone.  By the same token, I will never know what my friend(s) were trying to share with me in the first place.  Thanks to a user’s input earlier-0n in this thread I have Reverted the SIM setting mode to CDMA which allows me to retrieve the media (only if you did not delete the first original media otherwise you will only see the message) Leaving it on CDMA allows me to view and retrieve the media but it is obvious that we may lose any feature that the LTE may provide (if any).  No point taking it to a service tech to repair the phone since I see how many have the same issue.  Not sure if this issue is with HTC or Sprint or Windows OS but unless Sprint/HTC resolves this issue quick they may face losing many long term customers.  I’ve been with Sprint for over 10 years and like the alternative of not using IOS so I look forward to seeing a solution to this problem quickly.  As a side note I’ve updated the windows 8.1, I’ve turned off the phone, removed the battery and etc…. all to no avail at this point.

Highlighted
Master

TheGorn - Have you tried backing up your device then doing a master reset? Let me know I am here to help - Tatiana
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat