cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

No, nothing is fixed.  I couldn't find anything online when I searched I guess I should have come straight into the forum looking or WPCentral. Anyway, I had already gone to Sprint, they suggested hard reset.  I did that yesterday and my phone essentially bricked today so I am doing hard reset number 2 to see if that fixes at least the issues with my phone now.  Sprint has ordered a new phone for me, only because they had no idea what to do with a Windows Phone, probably not even how to turn it on.  I wish I found this thread before I went there.  Uggghhh.  But no, the problem is not fixed. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

TheGorn, I appreciate that you are trying to help, but deleting the threads and the texts does not actually fix the problem.  I have done that, just to stop the barrage of texts coming in all night.  However, the texts were real.  I was basically cut off from an important group text chain because I would just get the "media content" message that would not actually ever download.  They were not photos or attachments, they were group texts that were being treated as media content.  So I agree, your method does at least stop the barrage of texts and it does take a few days like you said, but the next time somebody includes you on a group text, you will still get the "media content" message and never get the actual text.  I am going to try the CDMA method, but need my phone to finish its very long hard reset process.  That will be step one.  Then I will try the other method somebody texted about changing settings - I will bring that one with me to Sprint when my "new" phone arrives at the store on Wednesday.  What a way to spend New Year's Eve.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has anybody tried this method?  Does it work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Switching to CDMA will work. My wife did that a few days ago, no problems since. Your texts that you couldn't download will then become available. Don't delete anything, once you switch to CDMA you will be able to receive receive the messages.

Don't bother with a new phone. We have had two of these HTC 8XT phones, both had this issue. I have the Samsung windows phone, no problems. It is morel specific. If you like Windows your basically screwed, because all they will do is try to push you in to an android or iPhone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The best they will do is upgrade you early, which doesn't help much since they no longer offer a Windows phone. It also does nothing to reimburse me for the $200 this piece of junk cost me with my upgrade discount. Another carrier is offering up to $350 per line to cover termination fees, we may have to take them up on it. I think this is just the way you have to deal with these companies. They take care of there new customers and make up for it by bending-over there long time customers.

I'm sure at this other carrier someone has a similar issue and no real solutions are offered to them, yet they'll offer a new customer $350 to sign up. They are all the same cable, cell phone, they operate the same way. They know they screw you on the other side for a few years before you switch again.

Highlighted
Master

Familyguy77,

Unfortunately, there is no fix for this at the moment. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone had the same problem, no picture texts in 4g. Updated to latest windows version, downloaded english language update for cortana, enabled cortana, powered down, removed sim, powered up, go to settings, cellular, sim and click the only selection cdma, go back to home screen, power phone down, re-install sim, power up, settings, cellular, sim and click 4g, test. It worked on this phone. Good luck.

Highlighted
Journeyman

CJ1167, man/woman you are the MAN/WOMAN... I've had the issue ever since the update and I could tell from the hours on phone with tech, at the sprint store and reading online that there was no fix. But thanks to you sir "I AM DILEVERT"... Its officially fixed, thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

Been having the same problem. Disabled LTE and it works. I am waiting on Sprint to provide a real fix. It is not realistic to disable LTE and still consider it full and complete service, which is what we are all paying for.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you so much cj1167.  It worked like a charm.  Thanks for nothing Sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

cj1167 you are awesome.  Thanks to you I have full service for what I am paying for.  Thank you for taking the time to pass along your knowledge.

I have had this issue since long before the delayed release of 8.1.  I have had my phone in to the Sprint "service" centers.  I have talked to tech support online etc...  Sprint had left those of us who purchased their phone and service out in the cold.  Extremely disappointing. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

This worked for me too. I am now able to keep the phone on CDMA and LTE and receive pics and group texts.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat