This actually did /not/ work for me. Before this was broken - I had already upgraded to Win8.1 / enabled Cortana and had the English version downloaded.
I did however set it to LTE (had it set to CDMA first to originally fix). I powered down and turned back on. Powered down again and removed Sim Card. Powered back up and went to settings - and it was already set to CDMA/3G. I went ahead and clicked on the dropdown menu and selected the only option of CDMA. I went to start menu - and powered down again. I put the SIM card back in and powered back up - and was already on 4G. I went to settings and again, it was already set to LTE/CDMA.
What am I doing wrong as the phone itself is already adjusting my settings for me?
Still waiting on the official fix from Sprint. My phone started acting up again tonight. Had to disable LTE in order to download a text message. Glad to see Sprint cares so much about WP users. Guarantee if this was an Android or Apple issue, it would've been fixed by now. You're definitely not doing much to win me over. I've been a VZW customer for over 14 years, but got tired of paying their lofty fees. Ever since I've moved to Sprint, it's been one issue after the other. This is exactly why I did the no-contract option. I'm getting closer every day to flipping my lines back over to Big Red. At least with their crappy customer service, I still have the pleasure of riding on the BEST network in the USA. I don't mind saving a few bucks for less than stellar data network, but I'm not gonna keep putting up with crappy handling of technical issues on the devices as well.
Hard to imagine any other carrier having worse customer service. They do not have a fix for this and I wouldn't count on this being a top priority since they stopped selling Windows phones. I have pretty much given up, will just ride out my contracts (5 lines) and switch to a network that supports 4G and Windows phones. I'm just tired of wasting my time being transferred to moron after moron hoping that someone might be willing to help. Other than sell me into an Android or Iphone they haven't provided a real solution.
Yes! This step-by-step was a real fix for the same problem everyone here seems to have. Thank you cj1167 for figuring this out as quickly as you did.
Ok so above fix works! not a workaround... has been tested on multiple devices
1. Power down phone.
2. Remove Sim Card.
3. Power on phone.
4. Let it connect to 3G.
5. Power down phone.
6. Re-insert Sim card.
7. Power on phone.
8. Let connect to 3G or 4G if available.
9. Ask someone to send test message.
Just figured out how the phone reverts to no pics in mms. Network profile update in 4g will cause it. I have not found out any way to make it last. It seems as soon as the phone transitions from cdma to 4g the problem is back.
I will keep playing with it. Good luck!
This worked for me, When I first had the problem, I did change to CDMA as per a solution I found on the internet (where everything is true!). It did work, but I only had 3G service. Doing what cj1167 said to do got me back to having both 4G and text messages. It works! Thanks cj!