cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same problem and had to employ the same solution.  Unfortunately, that's turns off 4g...  How about a fix for this Sprint...  Obviously something is up with your network...

Highlighted
Master

PRALNWUF, That sounds concerning. Please provide the two cross streets and zip code where you are experiencing this issue. We'd like to look into this today. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Exactly the same problem. Phone HTC 8XT has now been updated to 8.1 and the problem persists.

Having to got to CDMA 3G and retrieve the message is a pain. Then it will keep recurring if you do not delete the tread if you return to LTE and CDMA and 4G. If you delete it in LTE it comes back in 24 hours again and again and again

There must be solution.....

Highlighted
Master

gmg22 - Please take your device to the nearest Sprint repair center for further assistance. The closest Sprint repair center can be located by visiting http://bit.ly/1dDKYKx - Christopher S.
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the same problem, the solution cannot be to visit a local Sprint repair center....with this happening to several users that suggestion is just plain silly.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yep - add me to the list of not being able to retreive mms messages via LTE - going to CDMA to get MMS is a work around - fix coming soon?

Highlighted
Master

Kristophr, thanks for commenting. Is this while sending photo messages as well? Here a few basic troubleshooting steps, http://sprint.co/1ztJd9F. In the mean time, we will keep you posted if new info comes regarding this issue. - Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare,

I'm having the exact same issue as carriepez and the others on this thread.  It is ongoing.

I upgraded my HTC 8XT to Windows Phone 8.1 yesterday (12.15.14). 

Immediately after upgrade, inbound MMS text messages produced the "Get media content now" link but would not produce the actual message when the link was pressed.  

Prior to the upgrade, I could receive MMS text messages as expected most of the time.

I just performed the change recommended in this thread (i.e., Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA.) and it worked.  I am now receiving MMS text messages.

I'm leaving my phone on CDMA until a fix is provided by Sprint.  I do not want to have the "again and again" issue that gmg22 is having. 

Highlighted
Master

hackfish,

Thank you for your patience. HTC and Sprint are aware of the issue and are working towards a solution but, as of right now there is no estimated time of repair. If you need a fix for the issue, doing a hard reset on the device will set the phone back to the OS that was originally installed on the device, which will stop the MMS problem. You can check Sprint.com/newsroom periodically to see any upcoming news on when the issue will be fixed.

- Martinis
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue as everyone else and did a hard reset on my phone twice and it did not stop the problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Has there been a fix for that I am getting that same error message and I can't get my phone to back to the original OS before the update

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat