cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I guess you should try again. This update works, maybe try ##update#. My phone recieved "media content in this message" then by the time it opens the message the picture is already downloaded and there. I have verified this in 4G as well.

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare wrote:

WPuser7.5 - Thank you for your reply. We are aware and working to find a resolution to this issue. We thank you for your patience. - Mele Sprint Social Care

This reply gets under my skin big time. It goes to show you have absolutely no clue what is going on and can't even be bothered with taking the time to understand the issue and fixes being implemented. This seriously irritates me. You're wasting our time with your generic response. You're also giving out false info, the new update was designed to fix this issue therefore you should no longer be working to find a resolution. Your simply posting to say look we responded in a timely manner. Your response will also prevent others who are looking for a fix from finding it, by saying there still is no fix they may not notice an update was made available and will continue searching for a fix or worse yet waiting.

Highlighted
Master

DavidWHenry,

I apologize for the delayed reply to your message. The update was released to address several issues, including the problem with group messaging. Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

So are you saying that you are aware the update had issues or was this just a generic reply? Just trying to establish whether or not the update had issues and you are acknowledging that.  Thanks

Highlighted
Journeyman

fonzi03, I am not sure what you mean regarding the ##update#.  Could you provide more guidance?  So I tries sending group texts today, photo texts today and group texts with photos.  None would work until I switched back to CDMA.  I have restarted my phone as well, but I will restart my phone again in the morning and experiment again.  Nobody awake to text right now for testing purposes. 

Highlighted
Master

WPuser7.5,

Please keep us posted on the outcome!

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Regina at Sprint Social Care, it did not work.  However, on another thread, audioice recommended doing a network profile update, and that did work!

Settings> network profile> update

Highlighted
Master

WPuser7.5,

That's great to hear! Let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns. We're always here to help.

- Regina
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

WPuser7.5 wrote:

fonzi03, I am not sure what you mean regarding the ##update#.  Could you provide more guidance?  So I tries sending group texts today, photo texts today and group texts with photos.  None would work until I switched back to CDMA.  I have restarted my phone as well, but I will restart my phone again in the morning and experiment again.  Nobody awake to text right now for testing purposes. 

Going to your dialer and using ##UPDATE# (873283) that is the shortcut to a network profile update. another helpful one is ##DIAG# you can test most main components.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So here I ago months, unable to use my 4g, so that I can receive pics... any help sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

update:: it was a very temporary fix lasted a couple of hours *if that*. Sorry for making a fool of myself.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat