Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Master

tia1230,

At the moment there isn't one. Only a temporary one, which would be to turn of your LTE. We are aware of the issue and working towards a permanent solution. Thank you so much for your patience, just bear with us a little while longer.

- Martinis
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint Care...same issue. Your engineers yesterday had me walk through pretty deep into the phone yesterday to MMS URL settings, to no avail. I did the complete phone reset this morning and still have the problem.

i hope an update comes soon...

Master

Shatnerman,
I am sorry that the troubleshooting steps did not resolve the issue for you. This however will be clarified soon. Please continue to be patient with us. I truly appreciate it.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am also having the same problem and my phone just upgraded to windows 8.1 but still having the same issue.

Master

chris.pycko
Since you have already update and you are still having the issue, I would recommend giving it some time so additional changes can be made. I would also recommend doing the Update of the Profile and PRL to see if changes occur. I understand how this could be frustrating but please bear with us.
Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I too am having the same issues since the update ; same "Media" message; worked with technical support to fix the issue to no avail and even went to my local sprint store , who did nothing more than what I did to see if I could correct the error. . Just made the CDMA change and seems to be working ; sure would like to obtain my LTE back , we needed . It is my hope that you , Sprint and HTC come up with a fix on this matter, soon .

Master

VIQJRV1,
I understand where you are coming from. Switching the phone to CDMA does help. I am sure this will be resolved soon. Rayon
Sprint Social Care
Master

jgjf17,

We apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. As my teammate mentioned previously in this discussion, we are aware of the issue and working towards a solution. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

Audrey

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Not to pile on but I have had this same issue for months.  It is not specifically related to the 8.1 upgrade.  I had gone into a service center and they were unable to fix the issue forcing me or anyone else with the problem to use a lower service level to get standard functionality.  I am glad at least that the upgrade has brought attention to the issue.

As a note it seems to be some form of authentication issue when using LTE.  Yet regular texts work fine.

Journeyman

Who says we are patient! It's annoying and we need a fix, I pay good money for my cell service and expect more since I have been a sprint customer since it was Nextel.

Angry and annoyed

Master

lfiliatraut1, Sprint's main priority is to provide all of our customers with a great experience. I assure you we are working with the manufacturer to determine a fix. - Nic
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK.  I have the HTC 8XT and I traveled to Florida and someone sent me a group text to 15 different numbers.  I continually got the "Media Content in this Message (1K)" and when I clicked it, it just blinked and nothing happened. This happened day and night, hundreds of times.  I nearly lost what was left of my mind. But....

IT HAS SINCE STOPPED!   What I did was (1) stopped clicking on each of the media content messages; I deleted each message each time without clicking on it.  (2) Upgraded to Windows 8.1 on the phone. (3) deleted the message strings from anybody's number that I received the message from.

So, this worked for me, and I did not have to leave Sprint.  I never took my battery out, no cold re-boot, nothing like that.  I did take like 2-3 days to stop.  Hope this helps.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat