Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Journeyman

See my message.  Same problem, but it went away for me.  Key point: Stop clicking on the "get media content" just delete them without clicking on them.  TheGorn

Journeyman

Having the same problem.  Very annoying.  Hopefully it will not take long for Sprint to figure it out.  And thanks for your fix.  It seems to work.  What functionality do I lose by not having 4G?

Journeyman

Okay, TheGorn & RMJDEER923, appreciate the explanation. However, didn't see where the problem ever happened again, when either receiving or sending MMS texts. How about that?

Journeyman

Still have the problem.  Only works with CDMA.

Journeyman

I still have the problem unless I am using CDMA.  Cannot use 4G.

Master

Eubs

We know this can be frustrating and we are working diligently to come to a resolution. In the meantime, keep your phone on CDMA. Thank you for your continued patience as we get this issue resolved. - Dyan

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

While searching on the Windows Phone 8  website, i found information that reported a solution for not being able to send or receive MMS texts: Enter a new MMS APN (Access Point Name) "...based on your location and mobile operator."

The issue is getting all the following information from the operator, and then manually entering and saving it:

• the MMS APN, Authentication type "that's used for your mobile account.";
  • the WAP gateway (URL); WAP gateway port number;
  • the MMS Center URL "for your mobile operator.";
  • MMSC port number;
  • Maximum size in MB of an MMS you can send; and
  • the type of IP address to use.

Okay, Sprint, please, supply all that for the HTC 8XT Windows Phone 8.

See: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/connectivity/cellular-and-sim-settings

Message was edited by: 2ROZ

Journeyman

Messrs. 2ROZ and RMJDEER923 et al:

As an update, I do have full 4G capabilities after my self "fix" of the "get media content" problem.  I never had to do the CDMA thing.  I think the key is to never click the "get media content" in the string, just delete it when you see it. 

I think my issue was SMS messages, but I do not know what kind of message was sent by the person with the 15 group text phone numbers that started the whole mess. All problems started after that, and all messages with the stupid "Media content in this message. Get media content now (1K)" were from the 15 people in the group text.  None of them were sending me anything; I asked them.   Yes it took three days of deleting each media content message w/o clicking on it, and there were a bunch of them.

I do like my HTC8XT with the new 8.1 upgrade.  It is very cool for a phone that the Android and Apple snobs laugh at, but they wish they had the long battery life that I experience with it.  I travel w/o a charger, and I rarely run down very far.

Best wishes and happy holidays.

The Gorn

Master

RMJDEER923, Thank you for reaching out! We certainly want you to have working services! Please provide the cross streets and zip of your location so we can look into your service levels. Have you done any troubleshooting steps? Keep us posted! - Justin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

same issue. It started around dec 10, just like others. updates are not resolving the issue. from 3am to 7am i receive about 10 'get media content' texts, i know those users had not tried to reach me within that time frame. I beleive I am not receiveing images and am uncertain if i have missed actual texts. I've been able to receive some texts during this inconvinience.

Master

617area Has the device also been looked at by a tech?

- Ash
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am at many different areas during the day.  I live in the Chicago area.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat