cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC 8XT Get media content now Error

I was able to receive group texts until recently, but then I kept getting the "get media content now" message.  I clicked on it, but it just bounced back.  Then the phone just kept resending the text, "get media content now."  I even deleted the thread and the messages kept coming, but wouldn't open when clicked.  I went into the sprint store and they had no fix which was quite disappointing.  After looking online, I found the fix that worked for me.  I went to Settings>System>Cellular>and changed the Mode Selection from "LTE & CDMA" to CDMA. 

130 REPLIES 130
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having this same problem. It started about 1 week before I got the 8.1 update after I received a group message, now every picture I receive does this. I turned off my 4G LTE like suggested and for now everything seems fine but I shouldn't have to limit my own service just to make my phone work. I'm really tired of sprints lack of support for windows phones. I guess they think that if they don't support them more people will buy their over priced iphones. Not true for me, my next phone will be from AT&T. I like windows phones and I'm not going to switch OS just because sprint does not want to carry or support them anymore. Also AT&T has much better service for the Chicagoland area, why should I settle for a company that is second best.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have had the same issue since the update this past weekend - thank you so much your fix worked!

Highlighted
Master

jmj146,

This isn't the impression we want you to have.  I apologize for the run around you've had while trying to get this issue resolved.  At this time we don't have a fix for this problem, but our device experts are continuing to work with HTC and Microsoft to determine the root cause and a fix. 

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

So, if this is a known issue and sprint is working with HTC and Microsoft, please explain why the 3 different tech support people and two customer care people did not have this information. They acts as if I was the first one to have called with this problem, telling me it was not a known

issue. Please try to convince me that your response is not a standard cut and paste. The only helpful responses have come from actual customers who have done their own trouble shooting. I have found that Sprintcare responses are usually useless.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You could credit me $99, then I can go to amazon and but the Samsung Ativ S, which does not have this issue. We are on our second HTC 8x, both have had this issue. The problem is over a year old.

Highlighted
Master

jmj146,

Thanks for getting back with us. We are happy to review your account and see what options may be available to you. Send us a private message with the required information via the following link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X .

- Duane
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

All: On 12/19 I posted the "cure" (message #23 in this series) of how to make this thing go away and still keep your 4G capabilities.  I have the HTC 8XT and I no longer have the "get media content (1K)" message from a group message. The key is to stop clicking on the "get media content (1K)" messages and to delete them WITHOUT reading (clicking on) them, and to delete the string of the source.  It took like 3 days to finally have it stop.  I also upgraded to 8.1 and that also helped. I am going to stop participating in these postings, as I have been cured and you all are Sprint-bashing and I am tired of hearing it, despite you all having the posted "cure" at your disposal.  I have had Sprint since 1999 and I have had no problems with them.  There. I said it.  The Gorn AKA Chris

Highlighted
Journeyman

FU...

Highlighted
Journeyman

If sub-standard does it for you...I don't know what to say. Personally, I expect to get what I pay for. I've been with Sprint for over 10 years (Sprint then Sprint Nextel then Sprint again). I have bee generally happy with the service and pricing. I have never received quality support when something goes wrong, it's just the way it is. They pass you around until you give up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sent the private message. Looks like this will just get fielded by someone unfamiliar with the situation. Prediction...I'll get a phone call..."what is the problem....oh, really...well that is a problem, this is the first I have heard of this...let me see, have you tried turning your phone off and then on again...lets just try that now."

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your "cure" is not very useful since in my case the "media content" contained important information that I was not inclined to delete. Switching to CDMA only allowed me to read the message content. Why would I have wanted to delete them without reading them?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat