cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC 8XT, Windows 8 phone, available on July 19 for $99.99

Highlighted
Wizard

HTC 8XT, Windows 8 phone, available on July 19 for $99.99

Beginning Friday, July 19 you will be able to purchase Sprint's first Windows 8 device, HTC® 8XT.   HTC 8XT will be available via all Sprint channels including Sprint.com, for $99.99 with a new line or eligible upgrade, two-year service agreement and $50 mail-in rebate via reward card.  

Features on the device include:

HTC BoomSound™ - dual front-facing stereo speakers with a dedicated amplifier

Beats Audio™ enables studio-quality sound 

Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 400 processor with 1.4GHz dual-core CPUs supporting 4G LTE

1080p video capture

1GB RAM, 8GB ROM memory

microSD™ memory card slot with support for up to 64GB memory cards,

Crisp 4.3-inch display,

8-megapixel main camera with autofocus, LED flash, and dedicated Windows button to open the camera quickly

Front-facing 1.6-megapixel camera

Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, GPS support

Large 1,800mAh lithium-ion battery

Eco-friendly

Additionally, Microsoft Office 365 is offered by Sprint and available for small to mid-sized businesses.  Check with your nearest Sprint retail store for more information. 

See the news release for HTC 8XT here

13 REPLIES 13
Journeyman

Re: HTC 8XT, Windows 8 phone, available on July 19 for $99.99

I notice that the Fact Sheet at http://newsroom.sprint.com/news-releases/fact-sheet-htc-8xt.htm?previousArticle=0&nextArticle=11067&... highlights the device's mobile hotspot capability...  is that going to be included as-is with a standard plan, or will there be an upcharge to utilize that?  I'll be waiting for the Ativ S Neo to upgrade from my Arrive, but if WP8's hotspot is going to be enabled for free, then I can definitely save some money by cancelling my Overdrive hotspot...

Journeyman

So you guys finally decided to throw us a bone. A bone without any meat on it. So let me get this right. Sprint went and picked a phone from the bottom of the barrel.  A very low end phone. When is the Ativ S Neo going to be available to your LOYAL customer? It suck that the customers are loyal but Sprint is not. What about Nokia? At least offer us 928. I feel like a stepchild. All stepped over. I'm still thinking about leaving.

Journeyman

This phone is not something to brag about

I still have not received a notification on this announcement even though I pre registered to find out.  Had to read it on WP Central, just another example of sprint dropping the ball and not following through with their claims.

Journeyman

After all the trouble I've had with Sprint and HTC Evo 3D, I would prefer a Nokia phone. HTC is no longer a company I would support.

Journeyman

YukTiff wrote:

After all the trouble I've had with Sprint and HTC Evo 3D, I would prefer a Nokia phone. HTC is no longer a company I would support.

Looks like you're in the same boat as everyone else then. Might as well wait for the Samsung, because you won't be seeing a Nokia. Nokia doesn't make phones for CDMA networks anymore (Sprint is one of them). Plain fact of the matter is that not many networks use CDMA anymore, and there might have been a falling out between Sprint and Nokia in the past. You're unlikely to see this change in the near feature.

Journeyman

I am not an expert so may be misunderstanding this but my impression is Verizon is CDMA and based on the following link they support Nokia with a CDMA phone.  Can't attest to the bad blood or even if this is the correct CDMA for Sprint but it is CDMA / LTE.

Nokia Lumia 928

Network
  • Network: CDMA1x/EV–DO Rev A, LTE/DO Rx diversity
  • Global Network: GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz, UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

Journeyman

jjhii wrote:

I am not an expert so may be misunderstanding this but my impression is Verizon is CDMA and based on the following link they support Nokia with a CDMA phone.  Can't attest to the bad blood or even if this is the correct CDMA for Sprint but it is CDMA / LTE.

Nokia Lumia 928

Network

• Network: CDMA1x/EV–DO Rev A, LTE/DO Rx diversity

• Global Network: GSM (850, 900, 1800, 1900MHz, UMTS 850, 900, 1900, 2100MHz

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/controller?item=phoneFirst&action=viewPhoneDetail&selectedP...

Yeah, Verizon also uses CDMA but it's a different kind of CDMA. The difference is in the mHz. What works for Verizon will not work for Sprint, which is why you can't unlock a phone from Verizon to use on Sprint's network.

Journeyman

So will service on this phone suck just as badly as it does on all of your other phones?  We do not care a bit about what new phones you release.  We care about your cruddy service and extremely poor support.  How about getting existing customers (who have been with sprint for 15 years) up and running so they can actually use the system that they pay you for.  All these new phones mean squat as long as we cannot send or recieve texts, cannot connect calls, and when we do finally connect calls the remote party cannot hear us.  You guys have the worst service of any company in the entire USA.

Journeyman

I find Sprint's lack of effort disturbing and can already tell WP8 will fail on this network as there is nothing being put into it. Not a single advertisement for WP8 coming to the network on the home page or push to bring a phone line up that matters. If Sprint is simply testing the waters it will ultimately fail and probably support WP8 as it did WP7, with no options. There needs to be a quick push for a Nokia phone as it is one of the few manufacturers that are actually putting effort into the platform.  If there isn't a change in service provided or increased spectrum of phones available soon I'm not going to stick around much longer.

Journeyman

Nokia doesn't use the Qualcomm chipset, so you may never see one on Sprint. Also, every Samsung WP I have tried has been a half a**ed attempt. Think I may stay android a while longer...

Journeyman

what network has the best windows phone

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat