Sprint HTC 8XT Windows - Software update 3-  version 3.10.651.09

Enhancements/Fixes:

• Fixes issue where customer is unable to retrieve MMS when on LTE

Important Notes:

• Target in-market date:  2/27/15
  • Software update will be pushed to all devices at once no phased rollout
  • Actual download time is approx 10 min
    • Installation time will be up to 15 min
  • Customers will not be able to use their device until the installation is complete
  • For additional information refer to the HTC XT8 software update article in Sprint Support
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah, downloaded and installed last night.  This morning I started receiving a bunch of group texts from my family.  Guess what, the "fix" didn't work.  Also still can't send photos.  Switched back to CDMA already.  Why was I surprised this didn't work.  I think Sprint owes all of us a refund of some sort for 3 months and counting of being forced to use 3G on 4G/LTE phones and network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here! My 4g was working fine until this update(I just couldn't receive picture messages). I downloaded it and now my 4g doesn't work at all. I mean come on... REALLY!? FIX THIS!!!

Highlighted
Master

audioice - Let's verify that your LTE connection is on. > From the Start screen, tap the Settings tile. > Scroll to and tap cellular+SIM. > Scroll to and tap SIM settings. > Tap the Mode selection field. > Tap to select the desired network mode:
- Select LTE and CDMA to enable 4G LTE when available.

- Krista
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Krista @ Sprint Social Care.. this was the problem this update was supposed to fix.  We are all aware of how to switch between CDMA and LTE and CDMA.  This is the the problem we have been waiting for a fix too.  This is the problem the update was supposed to fix, per the subject of this thread posted by Sprint.  For at least some of us, this fix did not work.  Thus my comment to the Sprint notice.  My comment was not even addressed.

Highlighted
Master

WPuser7.5, This sounds concerning. Was the software update successfully completed? Are you able to back up and reset the device? Let us know. - Beatrice Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Good News everybody!! I fixed my phone and it might fix yours too!

I went to the settings and "network profile" and pressed the button to update profile and BOOM 4g all works. And I can receive MMS messages again.  That update did work. WOOHOO!

I hope this helps people......

Highlighted
Journeyman

@audioice - two words: you rule.  Updating my network profile fixed the problem.  I can now receive mms messages, send photos and everything on 4G!  After 3 months I can finally use 4G again! 

Now if only we could get Sprint to carry good Windows Phones... or better yet, get Microsoft to stop making only low-middle end to low end phones for something in the high middle-end to high end flagship range.  Sorry people I don't consider the Lumina 640 or 640XL announced yesterday to be true mid-grade phones with 8GB of storage, 8 mp rear and 1 mp front cameras and 1 GB of RAM.  My 19 month old HTC matches those specs. (and I considered it mid-level then!  Not that it matters, since Sprint wont get it anyway.,  (oops, sorry for switching topics was just reading an article about the Lumia 640 AT&T and T-Mobile are getting...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat