Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That back cover?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

That back cover?

Just like noted in the wpcentral review, I can not get the back cover on mine to open, I push to slide the back upwards. Nothing. I press down a little, then push up, nothing. My fingers slip before the thing moves and I am afraid to press too hard for fear of breaking something.

What is the trick here, is there a specific grip? Spots to press down on or to push up? A secret handshake?

Thanks

iq

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: That back cover?

The trick iI found was to wear a pair of think medical rubber gloves. Handle the phone carefully. Put your thumbs on the right and left sides of the back cover and push upwards. The comver will move a small amount which will unlock it from the body. It can then be lifted up and off. You do not need the rubber gloves to put the cover back.

Journeyman

Forgot one important thing. Power down the phone if you open the back cover and insert or remove a micro sd card . Be sure its off or the SD card is disabled by settings.

Wizard

icyquid,

Thanks for the post. How did it go? Did GMG22 advice work? Let us know.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

Thanks gmg22, that was the clue I needed. Similar to your suggestion, I used two very grippy, flat pieces of silicone to put the phone between on the table, then pushed hard upwards on the back cover to get it to open and it worked.

Very surprising how hard it is to open. I was concerned that I would apply too much force in holding the phone, flex it somehow and crack the screen.

So I just put it flat on the table, silicone underneath, other piece on top and pushed upwards, that did it.

Thanks for the advice!

Wizard

icyquid,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear you were able to open the device. Its crazy to hear it takes so much to get into it. Do you think it will be easier to get into the device now, since you opened it?

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

I don't have any plans to open and close it often enough to loosen it up. I think the only reason it will be easier is that I have found my way in now.

I noticed a number of posts on the internet from other 8XT owners with the same problem. Seems to be a tighter than usual phone, I guess.

iq

Wizard

icyquid,

Thanks for the reply. Glad to know that you are able to get in. Hopefully this helps other users, if they do a search for this.

Victor

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat