cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Not working for me either, hopefully they can correct this soon!

Journeyman

gmg22,

Thank you for posting and providing your feedback with this issue. I have received feedback that a voice mail update is currently in the works to resolve this issue. We truly appreciate your patience while a resolution is reached and distributed to everyone currently feeling the effects of this issue.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Amber111,

Help is on the way. As I have mentioned above to gmg22, I have received word that a voice mail update is currently being developed to combat this issue. I will continue to keep everyone in the thread updated to this matter as I receive information I will convey that information to everyone experiencing this issue. Thank you for bearing with us while we work to get this fixed. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I also have this voicemail issue. I as well have this issue were all of the sudden sound becomes either muted or crackling. It is really bad when that happens during phone calls and I can no longer here the other party.

Journeyman

msdianapereyra02,

Thank you for the posting and for your feedback regarding the ongoing situation with voice mail for the HTC 8XT. As you may have seen with previous posts I am in contact with care representatives in regards to a solution with this issue. Once one has been identified I will make sure to relay that information back into this thread.

Furthermore, I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with reception. I would be more than happy to look further into this matter for you. If you provide the zip code and cross streets where you experience this issue I can check out the service area for any issues. I look forward to your response and assisting you with this matter.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team 

Journeyman

Hey Charles,

I Too have experienced the crackling sound on my 8XT.  I have mine read my text messages to me when they come in.  That is the only time I've experienced it is on speaker phone reading SMS messages has they come in.

Thanks!

-Droptini

Wizard

Droptini,

Thanks for your post.  I apologize that you are reporting a crackling sound on your device. How long have you been experiencing this issues? Have you taken the device into a S&R center to have it triaged? A technician will be best able to pin point the cause, as well as implement a remedy. To locate your nearest store, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It has nothing to do with reception, Its the speakers that stops working for a few moments.

Wizard

msdianapereyra02,

Thanks for your post. I understand their is and issues with your device speakers working intermittently. I apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing you. It's definitely a great idea to have the device checked out at store so that a technician may properly resolve this matter. Are your familiar with your nearest S&R center?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I can definitely take it in to a S&R center, I know where my nearest is. but what I am worried about is if this is more software related and is constant among all devices. I am trying to figure out from these forums if the crackling sound and voice-mail issues are all tied in together.

Journeyman

msdianapereyra02,

At this time the voice mail issue appears to be a separate issue that should not have any effect to the speakers or sound quality on your device. They are working on an update to combat the issue with voice mail as we speak. The best option currently for the sound quality would be the Sprint service and repair center, there they can take a hands on approach and see what may be causing this issue.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Charles,

Yeah, the speakers cutting out or sounding mechanical is a separate issue.  I was able to reproduce it with the display.  The bad part is it's not reproducible very easily.  Can you open a discussion with Sprint Care on this issue also, or would you like us to start a different thread about it?

Thanks in advance!

-Droptini

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.