Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

SOLVED
Wizard

Re: voicemail icon not working

Droptini,

Thanks for your post.  I apologize that you are reporting a crackling sound on your device. How long have you been experiencing this issues? Have you taken the device into a S&R center to have it triaged? A technician will be best able to pin point the cause, as well as implement a remedy. To locate your nearest store, please visit www.sprint.com/storelocator. Please keep us posted on the outcome of your store visit.

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

It has nothing to do with reception, Its the speakers that stops working for a few moments.

Wizard

msdianapereyra02,

Thanks for your post. I understand their is and issues with your device speakers working intermittently. I apologize for any inconveniences this may be causing you. It's definitely a great idea to have the device checked out at store so that a technician may properly resolve this matter. Are your familiar with your nearest S&R center?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I can definitely take it in to a S&R center, I know where my nearest is. but what I am worried about is if this is more software related and is constant among all devices. I am trying to figure out from these forums if the crackling sound and voice-mail issues are all tied in together.

Journeyman

msdianapereyra02,

At this time the voice mail issue appears to be a separate issue that should not have any effect to the speakers or sound quality on your device. They are working on an update to combat the issue with voice mail as we speak. The best option currently for the sound quality would be the Sprint service and repair center, there they can take a hands on approach and see what may be causing this issue.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Charles,

Yeah, the speakers cutting out or sounding mechanical is a separate issue.  I was able to reproduce it with the display.  The bad part is it's not reproducible very easily.  Can you open a discussion with Sprint Care on this issue also, or would you like us to start a different thread about it?

Thanks in advance!

-Droptini

Wizard

Droptini,

Discussing this matter via this forum is perfectly fine. Have you visited your nearest store regarding this matter? If so, what was the outcome?

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hey DePaul,

I visited the store, but the service department was backed up.  So I went to the 8XT on display.  After a few different attempts to getting the phone to talk back thorough the speakers, it did the same cutting out / mechanical voice sound on the display model.  I didn't wait for the long line for the service department since I was able to reproduce it on the display.  I figured there would be a fix for it eventually since I had the display model do it and now I saw it in the forum.  It's not consistent so it's not too bothersome for me, just annoying when it's reading an SMS message and it cut's out or has a mechanical sound while reading.

Thanks!

-Droptini

Wizard

Droptini,

Thanks for your reply. If this is a consistent issue across all 8XT devices, most likely the manufacture will communicate with us that is a known issue, and they will advise us of the fix. I appreciate your flexibility with using said device while we work on a fix.

Best Regards,

Thank You,

DePaul W.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

I have just ordered 4 of these phone for my company.  We are having the same problem with the visual voice mail.

1)when go to it, everytime it says "downloading" and take up to 2 seconds to load

2)It is not downloading the voice mails.

example I will get a notification that I have a voice mail, but then then go to visual voice mail it shows that I have nothing.  I will then dial 1 and there are voice mails waiting for me

3)Sluggish performance at best.  When I try to swpe left to right to go to the next voice mail, it will not let me complete the action until it had finished loading the scree with the current voice mail.  Also when I have the voice mail list in front of me, It dose not matter which voice mail i select it always opens either the first or last one.

The biggest problem is that I can not trust it to show when I have a voice mail and I am having to dail 1 many times a day to make sure that I am not missing calls.

This same problem is on all 4 phones. 

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.