cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

thank you for posting the same problem on your Ativ S Neo. This is not an 8xt problem but a SPRINT problem. Also people need to look. At post 169. This problem is also on android phones. Visual voicemail doesn't work on my wifes Motorola Photon Q or my sons Samsung Galaxy S3 but the traditional voicemail icon does work on my wifes photon q.

Journeyman

Thanks for your assistance.

Also, the counter on the "ME" tile when minimized is not counting correctly.  When you look at the small icon, it will so any number of things - No Number but there are several facebook posts, a number but there are a different number of posts,

At this point, it is a minor issue compared to voice mail and crackling, but would be nice to have working.  My Arrive running 7.5 or 7.8 both had no problem with these.

Journeyman

Hi Charles,

Has there been any news in regards to both issues we are all experiencing? Its been a while and there hasnt been a single update...im sure everyone is irritated at this point.

I also came across this persons "offical" review of the phone...had the same sound issue.

http://pocketnow.com/2013/08/15/htc-8xt-review-midrange-in-flagship-clothing

Please let us know soon...it may not be a big issue to some but my phone is my main source for music while im not at home and I only get voice messages when the call is important but never know I have one. Thank you.

Journeyman

Just spent three days with Sprint for them to finally tell me we are SCREWED!!! I was told that we are on the visual voicemail server and have to live with it. They claim no responsibility for the icon not working as Microsoft designed and no responsibility for the visual voicemail app not working properly. Her excuse for the visual voicemail is they have been doing upgrades for over a year and the system is lagging in updating your phone.

Don't hold your breath for a fix as Sprint don't care.

Journeyman

That's quite disappointing. I figured there may be a hiccup or two as we got our phones fresh off the truck, but for a feature that is common across ALL cellular devices old and new (voice mail notification), I would think they would be willing to put this as a priority. I would also think they could update their own forum dedicated to customer dialog with more than a "we're working on it" update every time someone else joins this choir. Could we at least learn whether the issue is software- or hardware-based? Could we learn if progress has been made? Could we learn of an anticipated fix date? Anything.

Instead, we're all sitting here with phones that are not meeting their specs, or the hype Sprint continues to portray. It's aggravating when you've been a Sprint customer (and supporter) for as long as I have (and many of you all have). I love WP, and I really envy the folks on other carriers who seem to be enjoying ALL of the benefits of their new phones. Still makes me question if buying out my contract might be worth it, especially as I sit here typing this, getting multiple duplicate text messages from folks who have contacted me this morning. It just won't end!

Sign me as "aggravated and highly disappointed".

Journeyman

Correct me if i'm wrong.... Isn't Visual Voicemail an extra cost feature to use?

Journeyman

It is kind of crazy that we can't get a notification of a new voicemail on our phones...this is 2013...the basic stuff ought to work before it goes on sale...

Journeyman

Visual voicemail is not an extra cost feature.

However Visual Voicemail voice to text transcription IS an extra feature (where you get the voicemail transcribed to text so you can read it).

It may differ for each person, but I've found this feature irritating. It constantly transcribes incorrectly, and there are a ton of confusing errors when you try to "read" a voicemail. I turn it off. It is not worth the $1.99 a month.

Journeyman

i feel like spint abandoned this thread just like they abandoned the phone...

Journeyman

Interesting side note, I wish I would have saved the pdf user guides from Sprint and HTC to my computer when I bought the phone. When phone came out the user guides showed the voicemail icon and gave description of its workings. Now both user guides have been altered and any reference to a notification icon has been removed.

The nice lady this morning had me install the visual voicemail app again then restart my device to activate it. Then she showed me the lengthy steps to delete the two canned messages. She had me restart again because the three saved messages on the system did not show up. After restarting again the three messages showed up as new. I mistakenly deleted two of them, with the tile now showing 1 message. A few minutes later I called Voicemail and they were still in there. This was 10am today. At 1pm today I had my Father call my phone and leave a message, at  about 1:10pm I called my phone from a land line and left a message. It is now 3:17pm and the visual voicemail tile still shows 1 message.

Please try to tell me this is how it is supposed to work??

I was told by nice lady this morning that if message did not show up with in half hour, "something is wrong"

I called back at 1:30pm and asked for supervisor , was told he was out to lunch for 25 min. I have yet to receive a call back at 3:20pm.

I now am beyond crabby and getting to the POed stage.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I Just called Sprint back and was able to speak to someone higher up the chain. He was very understanding of problem and has a grasp on the issue. He said that the hidden text message that triggers the voicemail icon and visual voicemail is not being sent out to my phone and will investigate why. He says they have been in contact with HTC and is unsure why they would have removed the icon from the Phone tile that is part of the operating system from Microsoft.

I have my fingers crossed that we may be heading in the right direction.

Journeyman

I am unsure but I believe the CEO is Dan Hesse and I have tried contacting him on this. His Facebook page could be a fake but if it is I just spelled out quite a bit to whoever is running the page and gave a link to this forum. I am hoping something will come out of all this.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat