Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

SOLVED
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

unyin,

I don't want you to be concerned; I have not abandoned the thread. I'm still waiting for further information and as I had mentioned prior will forward any inflammation once I get anything back. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hi.  I am one of the people on this chain that was unhappy with the voicemail issue not working...

Yesterday, I called Sprint support again. 

They said that visual voicemail is the voice mail product for my HTC 8xt.  The prior icon won't work anymore.  I replied that I didn't want to pay for voicemail.  She said that the service has a free component and a premium version.  She could turn off the premium if I mistakenly started it.

She had me reload Visual Voicemail.  I had already uninstalled it and had to reload the app.  I did that, followed the setup steps and waited a few min.  The voice mail messages appeared into my visual voicemail box. 

The support person also reset my phone from her side (not a soft or hard reset on my computer) to work with the static on my calls.

Those steps were what fixed the issue of voicemail for me.  Yes, I had to setup a new icon on my phone startpage, but in the past 24 hrs it appears to be working fine.   I'll keep updating this string.

Journeyman

When I did my hard reset recently, I decided not to venture anywhere near the Visual Voicemail app. Uninstalled the program without ever launching. After reading your post, I decided, "What the heck!". I downloaded and installed. Got through the installation process. Seemed to go fairly easy. However, now, when I launch the program, it won't stay on the screen long enough for me to select a voicemail, settings, or anything related to the program. It closes itself out immediately, and takes me back to the START screen. If this is their stock app for getting voicemail, I'm in big trouble.

Journeyman

JOE_MOCERI,

Thank you for the update, with this update, what notifications are your receiving? Are the voice mails being pushed directly to the tile on your home and lock screens? Please let me know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

keep eye on this as I doubt it is fixed. HTC is working on the issue. I have done all that to no avail.

Journeyman

The same issue with the VM indicator also affects the ATIV. Upgrading didn't resolve the issue, but uninstalling and reinstalling did. After walking through the setup for VVM, I started getting notifications again. So if the upgrade isn't working, try uninstalling VVM and trying again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I've uninstalled/reinstalled so many times it's not funny anymore.  Didn't solve a thing on my Ativ S Neo. Went through setup many times.  Even did a few hard resets.  Also, if I try to change autoforward email settings inside VV, I get a Voicemail error saying it couldn't connect to server.  Never works.

Journeyman

I'm glad to hear the issue you were experiencing has been fixed. Have you tested leaving yourself a voicemail while you phone was turned off. I just tried this and when I turned my phone on, there is no indication at all that I have voicemail to retrieve. In addition, the visual voicemail app will only download my messages when my phone has Wi-Fi disabled.

Journeyman

I reinstalled the app and changed the tile to the largest size and now it seems to be working.

Journeyman

Interesting. One thing I never considered was to make the visual voicemail tile bigger.  I kept it at the smallest size to save space.  When I make the tile bigger--either the largest size or the medium size, when I received new voicemail the tile says "new voicemail."  When I make it the smallest size there is still an exclamation point on the cassette icon indicating that there is new voicemail.  Now, it does take a while for the voicemail to download to the phone.  However, once the notification appears I can dial in to the conventional voicemail and retrieve it.

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.