Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

I've uninstalled/reinstalled so many times it's not funny anymore.  Didn't solve a thing on my Ativ S Neo. Went through setup many times.  Even did a few hard resets.  Also, if I try to change autoforward email settings inside VV, I get a Voicemail error saying it couldn't connect to server.  Never works.

Journeyman

I'm glad to hear the issue you were experiencing has been fixed. Have you tested leaving yourself a voicemail while you phone was turned off. I just tried this and when I turned my phone on, there is no indication at all that I have voicemail to retrieve. In addition, the visual voicemail app will only download my messages when my phone has Wi-Fi disabled.

Journeyman

I reinstalled the app and changed the tile to the largest size and now it seems to be working.

Journeyman

Interesting. One thing I never considered was to make the visual voicemail tile bigger.  I kept it at the smallest size to save space.  When I make the tile bigger--either the largest size or the medium size, when I received new voicemail the tile says "new voicemail."  When I make it the smallest size there is still an exclamation point on the cassette icon indicating that there is new voicemail.  Now, it does take a while for the voicemail to download to the phone.  However, once the notification appears I can dial in to the conventional voicemail and retrieve it.

Journeyman

GESNIPES,

Thank you for the update in regards to this matter. Just to clarify, what issues were you having with the voice mail and notifications before? How did it change after you re-installed the app? Please let me know.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Journeyman

Hello Everyone,

I truly apologize for the inconvenience. At this time I would ask that if you are currently experiencing issues with your Voice mail, please visit the Microsoft store on your device and update the Activate your device application. After the update, if there are any updates available for the Visual Voice Mail application we strongly recommend that everyone updates the application as well. Please let us know, how it works out and provide feedback if these steps help resolve the issue. Thank you.

Charles G.

Sprint Social Care Team

Please do not visit Microsoft store, if anything please try the steps on the device directly. Thank you.

Journeyman

Went to my local Microsoft store today and they had no clue about the issue and ended up saying it is a sprint issue with visual voicemail.  They couldn't do anything for me.  Still waiting sprint......

Journeyman

This icon issue as of today 9-21-13 is still not working. I spent time at the sprint store and the tech was of no help. Also you may not have tried this but you can not store office documents on theexpansion SD card. I am so frustrated that I am considering going to an android as the techs do not seem to have a good handle on these windows phones. Hope you have better luck

Journeyman

Hi Topsy_Crets,

Well, It worked fine for two days.  After that, it stopped updating.

the tile (smallest size) kept showing a message was there, but nothing was found on the list.  Later I sent myself a message and it was in normal voicemail (I exited before listening to it) and it NEVER showed up.  I went to my local sprint service center.  They did something on the web and told the servers to update something on my phone... They said it could take at least 2 hrs to work.

I left myself a voicemail and its not here on the tile or the app.  didn't work.

Message was edited by: JOE_MOCERI
UPDATE
I realized that my WiFi was turned off (annoyed with "WiFi Connect?" messages) and saw a note about it on another post. 

I turned on my WiFi. Looked for the message (< 30 sec) and didn't see anything and left the prior message.
I went to the Trash link and saw the phone say "Downloading...".  Moved to the Inbox and the new message appeared.  Also, there was a "1" next to the visual voicemail icon on the live tile (set to smallest).

Does this mean I have to have the WiFi connected in order to get voicemail alerts or recordings?

Journeyman

No. The issue is still not fixed.. I have been working with a supervisor in the Oklahoma city office for about two weeks now. HTC is looking into this and supposedly working with the Sprint network people to figure this out. Sprint says that the voicemail system is sending my phone the hidden text messages to alert phone of voicemail, HTC does not know why notification is not working.

My gut feeling is this is still a sprint problem as other phones are having this problem (Samsung Neo).

I have been talking with this same person every few days and will again on Monday or Tuesday.

Journeyman

Sounds like you may be the one making all the progress here. We appreciate your efforts. Keep us posted.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Today I went to the Sprint Service center and Windows store in Salt Lake City.

Any guesses . . .  Its Sprints fault and Sprint service support has no clue.

At the windows store:

Showed them the post from Charles.  They called in the manager, and they knew nothing about the problem. They said: "Widows provides the operating system, and the companies put on their own software"

What really annoyed me was that they pulled out the same phone on the ATT network and it worked just fine.  On all the Windows phones on the other networks they all had a place that displayed voice mails when you hit the dial pad.  (you had the contacts, dial pad, and voice mail that downloaded the voice mails) Even the same phone on the ATT network had the voice mails downloads under the dial pad. Why don't we?

So they played with my phone for a while and got it to download some voice mails.  What he did was: go to the app page (the page to the right) and use the search icon at the top left and typed in "visual voicemail" and ran the app.  When it ran it downloaded some of the voice mails from the day before, but not the ones from today.  The only thing he did was to launch the app from the app page.  This was after running the app several times from the live tile with no success.

But it did not download the voice mails from today.

At the Sprint service center, they could not do anything.  They had no idea and just handed my phone back to me.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!