cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

has been some speculation on data connection being poor causing problems, nothing confirmed. Visual voicemail needs to be removed. Sprint needs to get with other carriers to find out what works and get it fixed.

Journeyman

I can confirm that data connection is not a problem. I can receive the toast notifications and the visual voicemail icon is updated with an exclamation mark if someone calls me with the number that is not defined in my phone contact. It does not matter the cellular signal is weak or strong.

The strength of data connection matters if you try to load the Visual Voicemail by tapping on the icon after you receive the toast notification. If you try to load your voice mail while the signal is weak, it will not load but if you keep trying then your voice mails will eventually be downloaded. If the signal is strong, you can always download your voice mails in your phone with no issue.

As I have stated this before, this Visual Voice mail issue has something to do with the contact list on your phone. If the phone number is in your contact list, then the voice mail will not work. If someone calls you with the number that is NOT in your contact, then it will always work no matter the strength of the cellular connection,

I believe this should be an easy fix for Sprint but I don't understand why we have not heard anything back from them.

Journeyman

Well, I'd like to take some time to thank Sprint.

Sprint,

It has now been 81 days since your last update to the Visual Voicemail application. While other apps with no known issues update every few weeks, you have pioneered neglect and abandonment beautifully. I could point out pop culture references, like how our issue has gone on longer than a Kardashian marriage, but what real purpose would that serve? Thank you for completely skipping the Execution and Closure Phases of the Project Management Life Cycle, it took a lot of courage to cut corners, but that decision has played out amazingly for us the customers.

So thank you, and keep up the good work!

Journeyman

I wonder if a reason for Sprint's nonresponsiveness is due to not that many people are using their Windows phones AND the number of the people complaining from that list is small?  They just don't see it as a priority.  I don't have either of the Windows 8 phones that Sprint offers yet... I'm using the HTC Arrive which is Windows 7.5.  I want to switch to Windows 8, specifically the Samsung Ativ Neo S, but, this issue, the Group Text not working and the Camera shutting off the phone concern me. 

I really, really wish this and the other issues would get resolved. 

Journeyman

'Voicemail_guy', a Sprint employee, responded with an update on 11/2 that testing hadn't gone well, and they were still working on a resolution.  Now, I'm no Sprint defender, b/c this should have been fixed before the phones GA'd,...but I can't exactly call that 'non-responsiveness' either.

I appreciated knowing they're working on it.  Software bugs, especially on a new platform for Sprint, can be tricky.

Journeyman

The other issues to which I referred:

Group Text Issue: https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/676037#676037

Camera shutting off phone: https://community.sprint.com/baw/message/634834#634834

Highlighted
Journeyman

I can't speak for the other issues, but hoping to have the voicemail patch out in the next 48-72 hours.  Still have one known issue, but we may release the update anyway.

Journeyman

Say it ain't so.....

That would be an awesome thing. Keep us posted.

Journeyman

Hi voicemail_guy,

Thank you very much for your update.

I am looking forward to the fix. Hope it will work this time.

Journeyman

Here we go again.

Sprint has succeeded in convincing the users that we need to have their 3rd party Visual Voice mail app and several are doing nice "testing" for them to see if it works . What about getting the phone to work like it was designed.

The Microsoft windows operating system has a built in method to notify the user about voice mail.

1. Toast notification

2. Cassette looking icon on the PHONE time under the phone icon

3. HTC built in blinking light on the phone face. (page 23 of the HTC Manual for the 8XT)

No third party is needed, No phone memory is used to store another app to do this, no resources are used to check and show voicemail, No data is used to download and check voicemail. NO THIRD PARTY IS NECESSARY.

In addition, there is no additional fee for the Special version of the Visual Voice Mail app.

What about getting the phone to work as designed---like every other carrier has?

I don't want a "fixed" app to test for Sprint and the third party contracted to write it.

Enough already!

Journeyman

Hi,

I do hope that once Sprint gets this issue fixed, it will work with or without the Visual Voice Mail Application. If you don't like the Visual Voice Mail App, you can delete it forever from your phone and it will still work as intended.

I do like the Visual Voice Mail app as I don't have to dial in to listen to listen to my Voice Mail. Heck, I will even pay $ 1.99/month for Voice to Text conversion as I find this to be useful when I sit in the meeting and I can read the texts.

Hope Sprint will fix this issue soon and will give the users the option of having or not having the Visual Voice Mail app.

Journeyman

So I am going to be the guy to ask this voicemail_guy ... if this does not work...are we entitled to some compensation for waiting this long for a product that does not work?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat