Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Hi Samueljkl,

Yes it's very interesting that your phone works with the names in the contact list. There must be something different between your phone and mine and others that have problem with the contact list. I will try to find out what the differences are.

It was also nice that you get the toast notification displaying the name instead of the phone number.

It looks like everything works fine for me with the latest Visual Voicemail except the names in my contact list.

Did your phone work with the contact list even before the latest Sprint Visual Voicemail update?

Journeyman

My contacts show up in the toast notification just fine.  (But its been happening since day i got the phone).

The only thing i've done differently is...I've never opened the application, but that should affect anything.

Journeyman

Still does not work and now I am getting errors. "Authentication failed Waiting for authentication"

It went through the authentication when  I installed the update.

It is downloading the new messages if I open the visual voicemail application, but is very slow to down load. It is just much faster and easier to use the regular voicemail system.

Also like to add. Since the beginning and still happening, if I do listen to a message in the visual voicemail application it has a skip at beginning of message and a few seconds into the message.

Message was edited by: DFG_Financial Added info at bottom of post.

Journeyman

Yes, actually, my Toast notifications were displaying the contact name after the previous VVM update.  The only changes now are the faster downloads of the VVM to the phone and the integration of the VVM with the VM server.

Journeyman

Hi samueljkl and MMFERM,

For the life of me I still don't understand why I don't get the push notifications when someone calls me from my phone contact list. But you and MMFERM had it working.

For some reasons, the names on the contact list block the toast notifications on my phone. If anyone calls me outside of my contact list then I will get the toast notifications and the Visual Voicemail icon updated and everything works fine.

Do you  remember how you loaded the contacts to your phone? Did you load your contacts through Microsoft account when you first sign in with Microsoft account or you added them in manually? I don't know if this matters or not but I am just trying to find out the differences.

My contact list was loaded automatically when I signed in to Microsoft account when I first got the phone. I was thinking of removing the Microsoft account and re-sign back in to see if it fixes the problem. But the only thing that you can remove it is to do the factory reset on your phone and I really don't want to do that unless I am very certain that this will fix the problem.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as you HANKHLE, however, I don't sync anything through a Microsoft account...I'm syncing through Google only.

Highlighted
Journeyman

In regards to the authentication failed issue, that is the open bug we still see every so often, we have noticed if you close out of the application and come back in it goes away for good.

In regards to the contact issue, my gut feel is you are not on the latest version of "activate your device"   You can see the version by going to settings, and then activate your device and double tap the very top line.  It should say 1.8.0.36.  If not, you might have to have a MSFT login to get that update (I am not sure).  The update should show up in the Microsoft store under Sprint Apps.

Journeyman

I am on 1.8.0.36 unfortunately, VVm version T.6.2.0.7

Journeyman

I am on version 1.8.0.36 also for "activate your device" and Visual Voice mail T.6.2.07.

By the way, the newest Visual Voice mail can transcribe voice to text. It displays the texts of your voice mail after your voicemail is downloaded. It's very cool.

I think Sprint let you try this out for one month.

Now we just have get the contact issue to work. Hope voicemail_guy can help us out here.

Thanks,

Journeyman

We can't recreate the contact issue.  What sources did you get your contacts from, include Bluetooth if that was your source.

Journeyman

Hi,

I got my contacts from Microsoft Hotmail, my company email account and Skype.

The workaround for me right now is to remove important people from my contacts so that I won't miss their voicemails.

I will work at my end to see if I can come up with anything but I do hope that you can also help me find the solution for this issue soon.

Thanks.

Journeyman

I sync all of my contacts to my office Exchange Server.  I rarely add contacts directly to my phone.  Almost all were on my Exchange server first and I synced them to my phone afterwards.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat