cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

I reset my phone again, then launched visual voicemail. I didn't get the authenticate error this time. If you want call my phone and leave message. I will report if every thing works, because up to now mine has not worked with contacts or with out. Dan six 0 five 3 seven six 3 zero five 9

Journeyman

That's a possible workaround, I'd have to delete the 800 number that Operations calls from, forcing me to answer all 800 number phone calls...which I'd prefer not to for obvious reasons, plus the teams & team members I support.    (Some folks calls CAN be missed b/c its always a HUGE issue, when its not...so I need to be able to screen them...hope that makes sense?)

(Well, I get what you're saying...I could wait for the toast notifications of a message being left...)

Journeyman

Sassafrass.... yep. Big Chris Craft enthusiast here.Photo(a).jpg

A 1968 42' Commander. A lot of boat.... and a helluvalot of gas..... ($1000 to filler 'er up).

But, I digress.

Journeyman

I've updated the VVM application.

I can't find the "Activate Your Device" application anywhere???  How to I apply that update?  It doesn't appear to be installed on my phone.

Journeyman

Hey,

I'm in the same boat still.  I have the Samsung.  I installed the update and am on version T.6.2.0.7 VVM.  If the caller is not in my contact list, I get a toast notification and an exclamation point on the Live Tile.  No change in the lock screen.  When I went into the live tile, I got the authentication failed message, went back to start and went back into VVM, and it just sat at checking.  So I rebooted.  It actually downloaded the message this time.  Tried the exact steps again and same result, but clicking on the live tile, it did update without the authentication error.  Calling from a number that's in my contact list, no toast notification, VVM live tile doesn't show an exclamation point, but clicking on VVM live tile, it does download the message, and no change to the lock screen.

I get contacts updates from Hotmail and Exchange.  I don't add any on the phone directly.

Thx!

-Droptini

Journeyman

jlcHTC,

Activate your device is a option under your settings app.  Open up your settings app and scroll down until you see "activate your device".  Open it up and wait for the loading to finish.  Once the loading has finished, double tap the title "Usage Summary" for the version number to appear.  Just keep tapping on top of "Usage Summary" if it doesn't come up.  From this forum it seems like the latest version is 1.8.0.36.  It didn't seem like there is a way to force an update on "activate your device", you just have to wait for it to appear in your update list.  At that point you can update.  Maybe you already have the update and that is why you never see an update for it.

Journeyman

I'm in the same boat as everyone else, if I restart my phone, I'm able to download messages etc. But after a few minutes the authentication fail message appears. Before I would randomly receive new voice mail prompts, usually days after the voice mail had been left, now I got a big, fat, zero. The only good thing this update has fixed is now I can forward my voice mails to my email. It really is absolutely mind blowing how bad Sprint has botched the deployment of the Windows Phone. Even if you go to their website, you have to dig to find any advertisements or info about the phone, which tells me it's not a priority...I'm still floored that they wouldn't have tested voice mail capabilities on a new platform before launching...

Journeyman

Well, I went in to do an advance exchange to get back to Android last night, but after sitting for 40 mins waiting for my turn...listening to all the issues Android users & iPhone users were having, I decided that I'm going to wait this out a while longer.

There are worse issues than having to check for messages after a missed call...(people are angry at Sprint right now...Wow!)

Did anyone else get a free month's worth of Voice to Text yesterday?  Is that being offered as a temp solution to help us, or just the usual promotional thing?

Journeyman

I left my VV open all night last night and couldn't get past "Authenticating" stayed there all night.  I can't believe they have not fixed this...maybe they should invest their money into the built-in app and work on their towers and coverage instead of spending money on useless apps.

Plus I love how no Sprint rep comments anymore.

Journeyman

Hi MMFERM,

When you say you can't get past "Authenticating", are you talking about "Authenticating failed"? or "Authenticating... Please Wait..."?  Also on a previous post I noticed you said you reset the phone, are you talking about a reboot or a factory reset?  If you factory reset the phone your "Active Your Device" app will need to be updated again, because it will be on an older version that fails to work with a voicemail attached to a phone contact.  Also what version of "Activate Your Device" are you using?  See my post above and make sure you are on the latest.  After you get latest, reboot your phone and run the voicemail app again.  These steps worked for me

Highlighted
Journeyman

We still cannot recreate the contact issue.  I have tried syncing with outlook, gmail, and inputting contacts manually, and all voicemails are showing up.

We were wondering if somebody who is experiencing the contact issue is willing to reset their phone to see if the issue happens again?  We are wanting to figure out if this issue recreates itself, or if something got "hung" during provisioning or something got messed up in the updating process.  Unfortunately, after you reset your device, it will take 12-24 hours before the Microsoft store will make the VVM and Activate Your Device updates available (Before you ask, I have no idea why it takes that long).  With that said, you may see the old versions work fine, because the 1st release worked at launch.

In regards to the authentiation issue, if you are on the latest VVM T6.2.0.7 and the latest Activate Your Device 1.8.0.36 load, we are seeing that issue go away after it authenticates once.  You might have to back out of VVM and go back in or power cycle the device if its rejecting.  If your versions are up to date and it persists, let us know.

Journeyman

voicemail_guy I am still not able to activate as my previous post stated....I have power cycled my phone and I am up to date on the current apps.  What do you recommend?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat