Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

First, thanks for being willing to communicate status updates on the forums.  Usually, we'd hear nothing, so I appreciate you providing the updates.

Second, keep plugging away, sounds like you've had to implement a work around so that you could implement a work around...which I've had to do in my developer life as well, which stinks for everyone involved.  I'm sure you guys will get it figured out.  Too bad you couldn't use the delivered implementation, but if you can't, you can't.

Good luck!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi voicemail_guy,

Thank you very much for the updates.

I am looking forward to the new "activate your device" update and I do hope that this will address the contact issue.

What about the blinking green LED whenever you get a new voicemail? Is it going to be fixed/added in the new upcoming update?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I recently upgraded to the Samsung ATIV NEO and have the same issue with no voicemail notifications.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please forgive my ignorance but, how does one set up voice mail to go to google mail and then have google send a text .  I really need that workaround, please.....

I am also completely shocked (See posting 395 from Voicemail guy.) This is the first honest response to the problem in 394 messages. I am beginning to understand it now. I think a few of us knew all along Sprint had a problem and passed it on to us.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to clarify:

Sprint is updating the activate my device app? This is supposed to fix the voicemail notification problem?

What ever it is I hope it works, and gives some kind of reliable notification on phone tile or visual voicemail tile so that I can dial voicemail, listen, save or delete. I don't want to waste my time launching visual voicemail, waiting for it to check then waiting for it to download. Way too SLOW!

Out in the sticks with 1x and some evdo coverage, I miss way to many calls with all the background data keeping my phone from ringing. If I turn my data connection off then the visual voicemail program will not update even if you fix it!

I am very frustrated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

To DFG_Financial.

FYI, once the visual voicemail app works correctly on your phone, i.e. it gives you an exclamation point on the smallest tile or on a larger tile it says that you have new messages, you don't have to launch the visual voicemail app in order to access your voicemail.  You can still dial in to retrieve your voicemail by pressing the cassette icon on the phone screen and listen to your messages.  In fact, you can do it anyway, but once it's working the exclamation point can be used merely as a notification and then you can dial in to get your messages. You won't have to download them through the third party app in order to access them.

Highlighted
Journeyman

GMG22 -- you don't have to rely on google voice.  An acceptable workaround can be found in my earlier post, post number 11.  It's not ideal but it does work.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do we know when this update is coming through to fix this mess yet? I'd like to be able to not have to turn my phone off then back on to receive a voice mail...

Highlighted
Journeyman

More and more I'm giving up on this issue and planning on changing service providers...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Excellent suggestion.

I'm out looking for a new provider for Christmas . I have waited just too long.

Note:  Post 11 and post 402 from samueljkl provides a workaround in July of 2013  Thanks for that information. (It, however, requires using that dreaded 3rd party app that I really am not comfortable having on my phone.) That should be totally unnecessary considering Microsoft provided a voice mail notification system in the operating system that sprint has disabled or is unable to understand and use. But thanks for giving us a possibility.

Sprint has not provided a workaround yet................................!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I'm guessing this is officially a cold case now??

Highlighted
Master

buelo53

We never want giving up to be a considerable option. 

Have you received the update at this point, and has the issue been corrected?

Please let us know. An update would be much obliged.

Thanks,

Zena
Social Care Team

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat