cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail icon not working

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: voicemail icon not working

Have not tested the VVM updates (mine has been working, for the most part), but the "Authenticating...." issue is quite prevalent. I often go into VVM and receive an "Authentication Failed" notice. If I back out, and come right back into the program, it will usually work. I don't have to shut phone down, or any other foolishness, which it sounds like some are having to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just updated my phone with " activate your device" app and the contact issue that I had before is gone. Now if someone calls me from my contact list, I will immediately get the toast notification and the VVM icon is updated with the exclamation . I tap on the VVM app and the Voice Mail is downloaded fine. Once in a while, you will get the Authenticating failure but if you back out and reload, it will download fine.

Well, I thank Sprint for finally resolve the Voice Mail issue. This is now acceptable to me. I probably will subscribe to the Voice to text transcription service that Sprint offers for $1.99/month.

There is one more thing that I wish though is that if Sprint could also fix the green LED to have it flashing whenever there is a Voice Mail notification pending. This will be a complete solution, in my opinion, for the Voice Mail issue that we were experiencing.

Journeyman

Google voice will do voice transcription and it's free. 

I too am looking forward to the green LED indicator.  I would be content with the working LED and google voicemail.

Journeyman

I updated my activate device yesterday on 12-20-13. My visual voice mail tile has an ! on it but when I open program I get a perpetual checking.........

I dialed voicemail on phone and listened to message but the tile will not clear. So still don't work for me. I have opened the app again as I type this and just says checking.......... Been  5 minutes  and still nothing.

Oh, as a side note, since the Microsoft upgrade last month every time my device is restarted the Bluetooth is turned off and I have to go to settings and turn it back on.

Journeyman

I'm still stuck on the 'Authenticating...  Please Wait... ' message.

I've tried rebooting and launching VVM.  Also tried exiting out of VVM, and going back in...I've left it spin overnight everything...VVM will not authenticate to work.

Master

Sassafrass123,

Do you have a good data connection right now? Also let me check your coverage. What is your current zip code and major cross streets? 

Thank you,
*Paida

Journeyman

Well, I've tried in multiple locations today, so I don't think my data connection is the issue.

Zip Code 50322, Cross Streets - Meredith Dr. & 100th

2nd Location - 50322, I-35/80 & Douglas Ave

Thanks for checking!

Journeyman

Ok, I've solved my issues with 'Authentication... Please Wait...'  I uninstalled VVM and reinstalled it.  Authenticated in 1 sec and I'm now receiving VVM notifications, and all seems well!

Master

sassafrass123,

That is great news! Let us know if you have any more questions/concerns! We are here to help!

Have a great day!

Lucia
Social Care

Journeyman

So, just to be clear... To get the VMM indicator to work, one has to use the 'Activate Your Device' app to ensure that everything is up-to-date?  I assume that this would be for a new phone purchase as well. (I've been waiting for this issue to be resolved before purchasing.)

I assume that this "fix" is also for the Samsung Ativ S Neo.

I am hopeful that this finally resolves this issue since I really want a Windows 8 Phone (the Samsung Ativ S Neo).

Journeyman

Based on 'Voicemail Guy's' responses...the "Activate Your Device' is a go between app required to both activate our devices on Sprint and also allow the VVM app (voicemail in general) to work on Sprint's network.

This isn't an HTC 8XT only app, so I would think both WP8 devices would be supported with these updates.

Journeyman

There still are problems with the voice mail notices on the HTC 8XT. I believe there is a problem with the phone's software or firmware.

I had two problems (and one is fixed while one remains) - initially I was not getting any notices then Sprint fixed a problem on the back end so now I do get a message that flashes across the top of the screen briefly. It then goes away and the only other notice that occurs is a missed call notice on the phone tile. The notice at the top is easy to miss, such as if you are not near your phone, you bump the notice when taking the phone out of your pocket and it dismisses it ... The missed call notice goes away as soon as you look at the list of calls. Nothing on that screen nor on the live tile indicates whether there are any voice mail messages that have not been heard.

The only way I can find out whether someone just hung up or left a voice mail is to go into voice mail. That should not be needed. Smart Phones normally have a way of indicating that messages are waiting and usually the number of messages. A user should NOT be forced to use Visual Voice mail (which costs more and is not very good). There should be a built in notice that stays up until someone actually listens to the voice mail messages.

Note - the Visual Voice mail app was working and would give notices of messages that had not been heard but that app was so poor in converting words to text that is is NOT worth paying any fees to continue to use it.

I have a workaround but it is annoying. If I recognize the number and is it someone I know usually leaves messages, I tend to go check. Otherwise, I occasionally check for messages and I suggest in my voice mail message that people leave messages on my other phone.

The end result is using my HTC 8XT phone less than I would otherwise, giving out my other number rather than the mobile number ... not really what you want.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat